Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Good morning Redwood community

I am a new member who has been shopping a bit lately.
Married to DW Chris and we have three boys. Two are now grown.
We like to travel to National parks and try to go to a beach each year. Usually Florida or Myrtle Beach. We are from Green Bay Wisconsin. Cold here a lot.

I use our current RV for out of town work where I live in it. I'm not full time but call myself heavy part time.
We like some of the upgrades a Redwood has over our KZ product. Looking to make an upgrade in the next few months.

Andy
azandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #2

Redwoods are great trailers to have. expect to have some issues in the start like any other trailer out their. but all in all they are great to live in and own. they are big trailers and a bit on the heavy side. Good luck on your search and many other owners are here to help with any questions you may have.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azandy View Post
We like to travel to National parks and try to go to a beach each year. Usually Florida or Myrtle Beach. We are from Green Bay Wisconsin. Cold here a lot.

I use our current RV for out of town work where I live in it. I'm not full time but call myself heavy part time.
We like some of the upgrades a Redwood has over our KZ product. Looking to make an upgrade in the next few months.

Andy

Hi There!
Christian from Redwood here.
What an exciting time for you and your family! We are honored that you are taking the time to research us as a product and as a company. This forum is a treasure trove of knowledgeable travelers, and people who will quickly become your biggest cheerleaders in this process.

We at Redwood are not only proud of our product, but proud to stand behind it. Additionally, we are prepared to form a relationship with you that allows us to care for you and your family for the long haul. (Thats why you'll see us bothering you guys on the forums CONSTANTLY ;-))

Enjoy getting to know your fellow RVers, they will provide you with lots of info that will help make your decision easier.

Best of Luck!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:55 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Smile

Quote:

Andy
Andy
Welcome. I like you have been heavy partime for work and had a smaller trailer which worked for me but not the DW when she came to visit.We recently| sold our house and are full timing until we purchase another. We looked for almost a year until we decided on our redwood. It finally
came down to DRV Luxe and Redwood. We felt we got a better bang for our buck with Redwood. We are very happy with our purchase. We have had minor issues with it like any other trailer. One thing I and the majority of the people on this forum will tell you is Redwood stands behind their product when it comes to repair issues.
Good luck in your search
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and to the Redwood community. I hope you are successful in finding the RW that suits your needs. We Really like and enjoy ours. While not full timers we use it quite a lot including spending about two months at a time in the South during winters.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:55 AM   #6

Welcome to the Forum there's tons of info and a lot of nice people here. We're 6 months new to the group. Pretty much anything that you have questions on you'll get some sort of answer here. We travel to Myrtle or Florida every year also. This will be our first in our new Redwood. Happy camping
Old 06-25-2015, 04:44 AM   #7

Quote:

Andy
We really enjoy our Redwood 36RL. This floor plan works for as we back up to a lake front providing a stunning view out the full width rear windows. The dishwasher, in the center island is wonderful and wish we would had that in our previous three RV's. The RW has three waste tanks. The dishwasher drains into the galley tank. Two weeks of dishwashing and only half of the 40 gal. galley is filled. The washer and dryer are most helpful in reducing how much we pack for a two week trip. Our 6.5 KW Onan generator has been most helpful for the many power outages we experience during the stormy spring and summer months. We have two heat pumps instead of two A/C's. The two heat pumps and electric fire place almost eliminates the need for propane. The only time we use the furnace is when temps drop below freezing as the water and waste tanks are heated from the furnace. Two 40 # propane tanks reduces trips for propane to about once a year to fill one tank. Our RW has been trouble free requiring the normal attention RV's require. We use our rig about three months per year. We really enjoy our RW and look forward to my DW retiring so we can see the sites.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #8

Andy,
I live in Northern IL and cover the mid-west for my job. I don't use ours as much as I would like, but it is nice to come back to a nice trailer rather than 4 walls at a motel. We have the front living room (older model 36FL) and love it. They are not for everyone, but Redwood finally got it right on the new model and has the entertainment system in the nose, wish ours had that, if you need any info or would like to talk let me know. This is a great site with lots of info. Good luck!
Old 06-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #9

be sure to check your insurance - Mine (good sam) won't cover business use.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 AM   #10

Thanks for all the warm welcome. Seems we would want a RL again. 36 or 38.
Drove today to my job in Louisiana. There is a dealer not to terribly far. I will see if I get a chance to take a ride over there. I think they have a 38RL. In stock to look at. I'm guessing many of my questions will be answered right here in past threads.
Thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #11

Andy and Chris, not sure where in Louisiana you are at. I live in Westlake which is in the Lake Charles area. I am sure your referring to the Lafayette dealer. If so and your interested I can connect you with the salesman who sold us ours. Very helpful and kind man. We just bought a 38GK. Good luck to you. Make sure you do a very detailed inspection and do not take it off the lot until they have fixed it right. ;-)
Mark
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstan View Post
Andy and Chris, not sure where in Louisiana you are at. I live in Westlake which is in the Lake Charles area. I am sure your referring to the Lafayette dealer. If so and your interested I can connect you with the salesman who sold us ours. Very helpful and kind man. We just bought a 38GK. Good luck to you. Make sure you do a very detailed inspection and do not take it off the lot until they have fixed it right. ;-)
Mark
Thanks Mark. I am over in donaldsonville. Doing a housing project. Yes I'm sure it was in Lafayette.
If I do go there I'll message you first. I was talking to my DW today about it. We are hoping to do this next tax year but will see. I would like to look at one in stock. Might need to order it depending where we decide to purchase.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks Mark. I am over in donaldsonville. Doing a housing project. Yes I'm sure it was in Lafayette.
If I do go there I'll message you first. I was talking to my DW today about it. We are hoping to do this next tax year but will see. I would like to look at one in stock. Might need to order it depending where we decide to purchase.

Hello Andy , nice surprise seeing you here ! Yup , as you know , I have been looking for months and never had the WOW factor set in,..Till now.. we have a 38RL coming to the dealer for pick up hopefully next Friday! I had the same issues finding something that we felt was as good , or better than our KZ.. Welcome ,and good luck!

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Hello Andy , nice surprise seeing you here ! Yup , as you know , I have been looking for months and never had the WOW factor set in,..Till now.. we have a 38RL coming to the dealer for pick up hopefully next Friday! I had the same issues finding something that we felt was as good , or better than our KZ.. Welcome ,and good luck!

Joe
Joe I thought the same thing when I read your thread this morning. Be hoping to learn the differences between the two after you get your new one set up.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Joe I thought the same thing when I read your thread this morning. Be hoping to learn the differences between the two after you get your new one set up.
Congrats on your new RW.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:52 AM   #16

Andy,
We now have 2 weeks in our new Redwood and all I can say is -- WOW!! I was quietly worring about everything not being as good as the KZ... Its more than I could ever hope for.. At this point I have 3 small issues that i want the dealer to look at next week when they install the dishwasher
1- add clear caulk inside the shower
2-the front awning arm hangs up when extending
3-the one slide topper looks like it rolls up crooked??
It has been all smiled up to now from all of us.. No regrets, and not afraid to recommend Redwood to anyone.,.. This trailer os a pleasure
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Andy,
We now have 2 weeks in our new Redwood and all I can say is -- WOW!! I was quietly worring about everything not being as good as the KZ... Its more than I could ever hope for.. At this point I have 3 small issues that i want the dealer to look at next week when they install the dishwasher
It has been all smiled up to now from all of us.. No regrets, and not afraid to recommend Redwood to anyone.,.. This trailer os a pleasure
Great to hear. This is Awesome and how it should be!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 AM   #18

Great news, glad it hear your Redwood is meeting your expectations, that's the way it should be
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:00 AM   #19

Awesome!!! We hope to have ours in 3 weeks! With the postings lately I too have been so worried!! So glad everything has gone so well!!! I hope we have the same luck!! Happy Trails!
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Andy,
Obsalutely wonderful ......its a joy to hear a fellow camper having a great experience.