Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Site Team

Hello to all !! After wanting and dreaming for many years (and pwning a bunch of boats in the meantime) we've finally taken the plunge in a big way and can't wait to see the country with our new "girl". Bought a 2013 36RL and so far couldn't be happier. Did one short weekend trip and then it got cold here in the Baltimore area so currently she's winterized and in storage (bummer). I'm about 3 years away from the full timer lifestyle so for now will be a bunch of long weekends and weeks away.

Pulling with a 2012 F350 SRW with the 11,5 gvw package and smowplow prep (HD alt and front springs). Seems to handle coach fine and since it's my daily driver work truck was trying not to do a dually. We're going to keep the coach on the light side for now (No W/D or Genset) and see how we go. Will do a dually later if need be.

I'll apologize in advance for all the questions that I'm sure will follow.

Oh, and the handle is from the plane - I fly a Piper Warrior and a Sportcruiser if anyone else is a pilot
piper guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Not sure why it didn't post my signature, but we're Tracy and Vaughan
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Site Team

Piperguy,

Welcome to the RV'ing lifestyle and to the Redwood family. Also welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy your new Redwood as we do. It is a quality coach. We are happy to answer any questions.

Go to the bottom of your profile page to put in your signature. I had some trouble getting mine in the right place. Edited by: Blenhardt
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

Piperguy
Welcome aboard ,i see that you are in the Baltimore area.We have A 40kb also in Balt area.If you find yourself in the need of an authorized warranty or delivery issues that you haven't found yet I am using Chesco Rv on rt 40. They are a crossroads shop.I talked to the RW factory and they recommended them.So far so good with them mine will be in there till mid feb.I think you will find that overall you bought a finely built rv.As you know there is always some problems but the RW factory response has always been positive with me and with others on the forum.If you have questions soot me a message,I have the factory contact numbers if you don't already have.Good travels to you.
CampingCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #5

Piper guy. Hi I am a Hawker Guy. Flying for almost 30 years and yes the RW is a fantastic coach welcome aboard. Smoth camping and keep the dirty side down.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #6

Happy camping. IFR in a Redwood, how great is that.?!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Site Team

Thanks for all the welcomes ! We're new at the RVing part, looking forward to it. I've spent many years delivering boats and yachts for owners and most of the systems are similiar but I know there is much to learn. Looking forward to not having to put an anchor out at night or worry about a line being tied !

Camping Couple - we are in Perry Hall. Would enjoy getting to know others that like Rving. We bought ours from Leo's and so far have been very happy with them but it's nice to know Chesaco could aslo do warranty work as we are close to them.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #8

Welcome to the RW family
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperguy
Hello to all !! After wanting and dreaming for many years (and pwning a bunch of boats in the meantime) we've finally taken the plunge in a big way and can't wait to see the country with our new "girl". Bought a 2013 36RL and so far couldn't be happier. Did one short weekend trip and then it got cold here in the Baltimore area so currently she's winterized and in storage (bummer). I'm about 3 years away from the full timer lifestyle so for now will be a bunch of long weekends and weeks away.

Pulling with a 2012 F350 SRW with the 11,5 gvw package and smowplow prep (HD alt and front springs). Seems to handle coach fine and since it's my daily driver work truck was trying not to do a dually. We're going to keep the coach on the light side for now (No W/D or Genset) and see how we go. Will do a dually later if need be.

I'll apologize in advance for all the questions that I'm sure will follow.

Oh, and the handle is from the plane - I fly a Piper Warrior and a Sportcruiser if anyone else is a pilot
Piperguy...welcome to the group! Now you have a nice trailer and a great little airplane that's easy on the eyes. We'll have to meet up and go to Oshkosh with our Redwoods. It'd be fun to have 4 or 5 Redwoods all lined up on the tarmac. I'll look forward to meeting you
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Site Team

Hi Dave ! Same here. As a matter of fact I think it will be going to Oshkosh this year. We have flown out every year for the last 10 and camped in the North Forty but the other half has said that it would be really nice to come back to air conditioning and her OWN shower at the end of the day ! Also would be nice to be camped at one of the campgrounds right along the Lake. Would also be handy to have 2 vehicles there in case the other half's wanted to go outlet hopping and the guys to the show ......

Look forward to hearing from you. It would really be convenient if the Redwood Rally was tied into the end of July ..........
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #11

Piperguy - noted from a previous post that you deliver boats & yachts, would be interested in chatting sometime, as I have spent most of the past 30 years as a Captain and our son currently works on the world'slargest yacht MY Dubai. Flying was my first choice, but now only on flight sim.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #12

Congrats on your new coach! Like most of us, you will love your new Redwood. Enjoy...

Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
Site Team

Oriana ~ I'd be happy to. I have a 100ton Offshore Masters, been around bnoats all my life, licensed for about 18 years. Do mostly East Coast deliveries (although that business is in the toilet). Have also done 5 deliveries in the Great Lakes, all but Superior. Send me a email and we'll swap stories. Decided to get my pilot's license at 50 (which was a while ago).

Looks like you and I have almost the same rigs, my truck is a 4x4 but otherwise same as yours.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #14

Vaughan - will send you a private message

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote