Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #1

Finally decided to go with Redwood

After many comparisons and lots of reading we finally decided to sign our order for a new 38RL with all the bells and whistles.

Hopefully we will get it in April, we will then become fulltimers.

It is not only Redwoods reputation and great floor plans that helped us make the decision but also all you folks in this forum!

Have been following some other forums but redwood owners seems to really like their product better. Both me and my wife are Apple users and it seems that I recognize the same type of enthusiasm here as in the Apple-PC "war" ;-)

I also think that based upon what I have read that Redwood takes good care of the customers when something happens down the road. Not so bureaucratic but pragmatic and friendly. Future will tell.

We learned a lot here and will for sure share our experiences here too in the future.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #2

Let me be the 1st to welcome you to the growing RW family and as an Apple IOS developer I can tell you will fit right in!

We have been doing a lot of RV'ng over the last 8 years, either as renters or those people that relocate RVs from the factory for rental companies, and we have been able to determine what is important for us in an RV. What I can tell you is that for us the 38FL RW coach should work great. The only down side is waiting for it to get built!

One thing though, are you really going full time right out of the gate?

Look forward to meeting you and sharing our experiences. Any chance you will get to the RW rally in Indiana this August?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:03 AM   #3

No idea where we are going! That's part of the fun. We plan to sell our house in the spring and head out in our new home and in a year or two maybe look into buying a condo somewhere warmer than here in Wisconsin. Time will tell!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #4
Site Team

Well I have 19 apple office computers and one hell of a nice Redwood ........welcome to the growing family
Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #5

Congratulations on your decision! I hope Redwood becomes all that you hope. We sure like ours.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to the Redwood forum and family. Hope you enjoy your coach as much as we do.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #7

Congratulations on choosing a Redwood, we are definitely extremely happy with our coach and the service received from the company & dealer. For computers it is PC all the way - even for photo editing.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Well I have 19 apple office computers and one hell of a nice Redwood ........welcome to the growing family
Great, I think that Redwood and Apple has a lot in common! Mainly positive. And I also think that the restart Redwood got when Carriage went bankrupt and they could just bring what they wanted in to the new company Redwood was a kick - exactly like Apple when Steve Jobs came back. After seeing the factory in Indiana I felt like there was a lot of energy in the company. I think they really want to be the best, not just saying it. Feel they are proud to announce that they have come to solutions that no other manufacturer have like the slide in slide - a very smart solution. I also feel that they are glancing on what users are commenting on - smart and cheap - and since they donīt have a backpack full of old grumpy engineers that are programmed to day no - they can change things faster than the competitors. I am from Sweden and I have seen that a lot from Swedish companies even large ones like IKEA and H&M. So I am sure we made the right decision to go with Redwood and are looking forward to sell our house and start the next phase in life as a nomads but in a real home on wheels!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #9

Welcome to the Forum and the growing Redwood family tree. Our 38GK is on order. We had a lot of reservations about this purchase but the people on this forum and their experiences dealing with Redwood tipped us in favor of ordering. The waiting makes sleeping difficult. Enjoy your coach!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #10

Welcome to the Redwood Family!! So far, we love our 31sl. It was the best set-up and quality we could find, and yes, the Customer Service is outstanding, outstanding, outstanding! We also hope to sell our home soon and hit the road!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #11

Welcome to the Forum. I retired last year, sold the house, dumped almost everything and we hit the road. No regrets here. In fact purchasing decisions become much easier when you remove out of the equation purchases for the home. The rule now is if it can be worn or eaten the item may be a candidate for purchase. Gone are the days of frivolously buying sprees.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #12

Congratulations on your decision. We hope to be following in your footsteps in the next couple of years.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 AM   #13

Welcome to the forum, you will love the 38rl floor plan. We have yet to stay a night in it, its been too cold here in Missouri but as soon as it gets warmer lookout here we come. Its been fun getting her all filled up and learning how everything works. Check your microwave if its a spring of 2013 model (its on the sticker when you open the door) demand a new one ordered before you leave, they will run by themselves you can shut off the breaker if it does this until you get a replacement.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:20 AM   #14

Thanks

Great thanks. Not sure if the residential appliances includes the same microwave though, think it said convection oven.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:20 AM   #15

Welcome to the Family! Not an Apple family - we do own a iTouch! :-)
tsimpsonerau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #16

Congratulations on the new RL and on your soon to be fulltimer status!! You'll love the Redwood and their attention to detail in design as well as function, much like the Apple brand. The similarities...listening to customers and providing a good product that lasts.

Me...I'm on my 4th Mac, 3th iPhone, 2nd iPad and first Redwood!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:40 AM   #17

That's the problem when you get the residential appliance package it comes with a stainless convection microwave oven. I guess they purchased a few pallets of them and that's why they are still sending out bad ones on brand new units. Can't really blame them they already paid for them so they got to use them up. Just check it out really good even a few times before you leave during your pdi. Luckily mine broke when I first tried it out the light wouldn't work underneath and then the fan, then I kept messing with it when it started running all by itself. My dealer already knew about them having problems they sent me a new one and said I could keep the old one.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Congratulations on the new RL and on your soon to be fulltimer status!! You'll love the Redwood and their attention to detail in design as well as function, much like the Apple brand. The similarities...listening to customers and providing a good product that lasts.

Me...I'm on my 4th Mac, 3th iPhone, 2nd iPad and first Redwood!!!
Thanks! Just the details is what we fell for. Just came from the RV Show in Chicago, looking at at least fifteen other FW. All of them far below in detail work and after all, if you are going to spend so much time in this new home it is all about details. Strange though that Redwoods competitors is not copying more! Have not seen one single brand with slide in slide or the nice kitchen layout.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #19

Welcome aboard, we have both the Apple And we should be receiving our RW 38RL the end of this month or first part of March. I am pretty sure I will like the RW a lot better than the Apple, still use the PC when I want to work on spreadsheet, anyway good luck and welcome aboard.
CLPalmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #20

We have a 36fl and love it. The Crossroada/Redwood folks are there to help and help they will. Remember the coach is Redwood and the rest of the stuff is supplied by suppliers. If it breaks don't blame Redwood but they will do the best to fix it up for you

All the best. Safe travels and the rally is in Aug in Indiana. Hope to see you there. We need mor Fl's there.

BUD