Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #1

Electrical problems on 2015 RW 38RL

Our "new to us" 5th wheel had an electrical outage on the kitchen side of the RV. We were able to get the residential refrig and microwave working.
The entertainment center, 2 burner induction cooktop, plug on counter are all out.
The fireplace works. We have reset the 1 GFI we found, checked all fuses, and breakers. Any ideas before we have to pay to diagnose the problem?
bjeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #2

Go back to your 50 amp plug outside at the pedestal and check that both legs of it are active.

If you have a surge protector/line conditioner, check that power is good on each side of it.

If you have a genset or generator prep package, check the transfer switch for power on both legs of it.

If all is good this far, I would reset every breaker in the panel, main included.

It is possible that one of the receptacle devices has a bad connection. It would be one of the ones in that kitchen slideout, so you may have to check each one for a loose connection. Power off of course.

Lastly, there is a plug up under the belly of the coach. It should be near the flexible wire that you see under the slide that moves with the slide as it goes in and out. That is the junction that transitions from hard wiring to stranded wiring for the slide to be able to
move. The plug has been known to fail.

There is a lot there and if you are not familiar with electricity an electrician is advised. If you like to troubleshoot, follow the path I laid out until you find the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #3

I can add some info if you've tried the above mentioned. Send me a pm with your specific info about your problem......we had a problem similar to this two years ago and I spent several days until I found it.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #4

We are new to the forum and to 5th wheels. Not sure how to PM. Can my husband call you. We have a residential electrician coming out today, but it would help to know where to look. Joeder2@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #5

We have an electrician here now and they have found circuits behind the drawer below the entertainment center. He has however, reached his knowledge limit. Does anyone know of a Redwood electrician who can advise by phone?
Old 07-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

Before you get too involved, go to the outside plug and give it a twist to the right.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #7

when this is all done there is a power inverter charger also behind the bulkhead behind the breaker box mounterd to the floor has a little cooling fan that runs might be a mesh vent by door that u can see it in there with a flashlight they do fail also

by a 50 amp smart plug in surge protector for your camper worth every penny also to protect electronic components from pedestal issues and power spikes or anomolies. they can tell of power issues before the camper also

k
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote