Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #1

Cable question

Hi
I bought a new 19 3901MB and we been in it for a couple of days I got the cable guy coming but I have three different cable hook ups and I have no idea where they’re going. I seen that some people have a sticker underneath them to explain where they belong unfortunately that’s missing on mine. I was hoping somebody could show me a picture
thanks
Willy
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #2

Cable question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Hi

I bought a new 19 3901MB and we been in it for a couple of days I got the cable guy coming but I have three different cable hook ups and I have no idea where they’re going. I seen that some people have a sticker underneath them to explain where they belong unfortunately that’s missing on mine. I was hoping somebody could show me a picture

thanks

Willy

Credit to OnTheRoad for his post on redwoodrvowners .com. This should help. The single coax connection by itself is the cable connection

“There are actually two coax connectors on the roof for sat, two in the convenience center for sat and one in the convenience center for cable.

Behind your LR TV there should be three orange coax cables, one goes to the roof, one to the convenience center, the third goes to the bedroom.

In the BR there is a dual coax outlet for sat [mine is in the ceiling next to the TV], one feed goes to the roof, the other to the convenience center.”
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #3

Good luck with figuring what goes where. Since the 1st RW rolled off the line this subject has came up numerous times & so far the conscience is that there's no 2 with the cable/antenna/satellite system ran the same, with splitters hid in the ceiling, walls & who knows where. Your cable guys best bet would be to tone them to figure the mess out.
As Piper Guy pointed out several years ago "what do the Amish know about television & electricity?".
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:43 PM   #4

On my 2016 and my 2020, it was relatively easy... I purchased a signal tracer for about $20... Once I found where all the cables went, I labeled them...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:01 PM   #5

This is what RW sent for our 2019; 3901WB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New RW Sat Print.pdf (37.5 KB, 51 views)
tbegley4661@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #6

[QUOTE=tbegley4661@gmail.com;83911]This is what RW sent for our 2019; 3901WB[

To be honest you were lucky they didn't tell you they don't offer schematics to owners as they've said so may times before, but with that you have a general idea of how it may have been done.
With that diagram whomever at factory was running cable the day yours was built looked at that for 10 seconds threw it down & proceeded to run them however wherever they thought would be the quickest way to get it done with minimal work on their part.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Hi
thanks
Willy
The cable guy should have a toner. He can trace them out for you. Typically, there are two external connections: one is for Satellite and the other is for Cable. The INPUT connections are typically on the Water / Sewer side of the coach. Some models have Satellite and Cable marked on the Front Door side. These are for connections to an outdoor TV. The in coach Antenna will also have its own cable. Again, it would probable be best to tone them out and label them once you know what they are and where they come from and go to. You can buy a toner at most Home Improvement stores or from Amazon sellers. Hope this helps.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote