Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #1

We ordered our 2013 31sl yesterday and can't wait to see it in personI hope they have fixed the jack problems with all the popping noise alot of you have been having we'll post up if we do.

Nice web-site glade we found it.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Site Team

The popping is an inconvenience and a real nuance when it's the front jacks due to the noise while trying to sleep. But....so far after cycling the jacks a few times seems to help. I've had my trailer for the last month sitting in one place on soft ground. When the popping gets bad I run the jacks up and down a few times and re level the unit. I think this is in part because of the heat and that the jacks are settling in the sand.

I've also wondered about the type of fluid they used in the system. If it's not synthetic, I wonder if that would help since synthetic handles the heat better. The factory called me and said the heat difference was what was causing the popping.

I have used the plastic pads under my jacks trying to shorten the legs in hopes of that helping since the jacks wouldn't be as extended. But the trailer seems to shake more when I do because I think the round metal pads slide a little on the plastic.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #3

If heat cause's the popping then we are in trouble here in South Texas lol. This is the first I have heared about jacks on any RV doing this we just traded a 2011 Fuzion 40' toy hauler and never had popping problems like this. Let us know if the synthetic helps out. Thanks Dave.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #4

Congrats on your new Redwood order...the hardest part will be the wait!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Site Team

I'm not too worried about the popping yet, enjoy your new trailer.

As for the heat, in my opinion....make sure you order in the extra fans. I ordered my RL with 3 fans and they are great. If we aren't going to be in the trailer for a few days, I push a button and they come on automatically if the temperature gets above 78 inside the unit. It's been in the high 90's around here for the last couple of weeks

Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #6

Thanks for the heads up on the fans we did get them in kitchen & bath put not in the bedroom I'll call and add it.