Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I agree that one should NOT base their buying decision on any particular brand based only on the work of one dealership!..
There must be many other dealers that are much better that would love to take RW money.
To your first sentence:
if it's the dealer you bought from ?

to your second:
if there are no other dealers within 1000 miles ?

so you may know my answer to the OP's question already
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
To your first sentence:
if it's the dealer you bought from ?

to your second:
if there are no other dealers within 1000 miles ?

so you may know my answer to the OP's question already
I agree... There are exceptions to every rule! I guess I got lucky with my dealer , and the fact that I have 2 within the same distance from me , and 1 around the corner from one of our offices in VA that I visit every 4 weeks... SO.. finding an alternate dealer is easy for me.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:09 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg11 View Post
Let me tell you about OUR experience with Redwood and our 2013 36FB. Spoiler alert, if you are looking for Redwood bashing, you are going to be very disappointed.

Our 2 year warranty ended in Feb. of this year. Prior to that we had some work done at our dealer and some at an independent in Phoenix. All of it was covered except a wheel bearing that burned up 18 days after the expiration. But, research showed I had never had the bearings serviced per the recommendations so I had to eat that one and did not turn it in.

We had reported the end caps fading and some bulging on end walls of the slides while we were in Phoenix back in February. It was a couple of days before the warranty expiration. Pictures did not show the blemishes well. When I told Redwood that we would be back to Indiana in the Summer, they said they would take care of the issues at that time as warranty items even though it would be several months after the warranty would have ended. I pressed them on this to be sure I heard it correctly, and I did.

We are full timers so the window for repair had to be short. I got some better pictures and sent them off to Redwood. I also had Randy, the Service Manager inspect it at the Rally so they knew what would be required. Then Customer Service worked out a time slot for us to get the rig in and out in one week. We had just 6 weeks before we left for Florida and they got us scheduled in within 30 days leaving us a couple of weeks to spare.

When we arrived on the specified Monday they were ready for us and assured us that the caps would be painted, the end walls would be replaced if they were bulging and the sealing tape replaced on the ones not yet affected. Then here is the kicker. They asked if there was anything else we needed. There were some things we were going to take care of ourselves including the cable to the galley dump valve that had broken the night before. In addition the water pump recycled often and the bedroom slide was not closing correctly without some extra pushing. They made note of it all.

We returned at the appointed time on Friday. Randy had us drive back to the rig where we met Gary, the technician that had done most of the work. He reviewed all of the work with us, did a walk through and then spent time reviewing some other things with us. The original approved work was done plus the extras. In addition, we noticed he had done some other minor things that he had noticed that were not on the list. Gary had also checked for any recalls on our unit. Our hats are off to Randy and Gary!

Lynda and I could not be happier with the way Redwood treated us on this occasion and in the past. They have been helpful and cooperative whenever we have talked to them. For that reason we find it so surprising to hear tales of non-cooperation, reports of unjustified denial of warranty, and etc. It almost seems like the others are talking about an entirely different company. I am not saying the owners do not have grounds for complaints as we are not privy to their conversations and details. But, our experience suggests that Andy Cripe was more right than wrong at the Rally. Would I buy another Redwood? Absolutely. For the record we have no relationship with Redwood, Crossroads or Thor.

I'm glad to hear the positive report and most importantly.......you're happy with your purchase. Good news is always nice to hear!
Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 AM   #24

A Redwood is a Redwood.....

My experience with Redwood has mixed reviews. I think the best advice for the perspective buyer is to check out your dealer as well as the type of rig you are buying. Let me suggest, as others have before me, stay as far away from Explore USA in Texas as you can. They have no concept of customer service and do not play nice with Redwood. Oh yeah, did I mention that part of the triangle? If your dealer is shady, Redwood will not likely be inclined to respond well to their requests for warranty repairs. All Redwoods are created equal with the same amount of problems....the dealers are the difference.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #25

We must have ben extremely lucky - Spaders RV in Sioux Falls, the best dealer you can think of. The service AFTER our purchase fantastic. Their service department goes out of their way to help. We have had some problems as with every "house" you buy, not one single problem with Crossroads/Redwood when it comes to fixing them on warranty. Fast and no discussions.

So again yes for sure we will buy a Redwood again!
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #26

We bought ours at Explore USA Canton. Got a good price, they jumped through hoops during the PDI, and continued to help us with parts afterwards. No real complaints there, although I think some of the custom work we asked for didn't happen because the Dealer never really asked.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #27

I appreciate reading the posts on this subject. We took of our new '15 RW 38MB 2 apin the middle of August. We went from Indy to Appleton WI and stayed in our unit for about 2 weeks on our maiden voyage. We found only 2 small issues on this individual trip. (Corner trip in the bedroom closet and sliding doors out of adjustment after the trip).
I think you all might get a kick out of this one: after setting up in the state park in Wisconsin, I got up on the roof to get debris off and I discovered 2 25 ft. Tape measures left on the room from installing the slide out covers it was totally amazing these heavy tape measures did not bounce off during the trip. Praises to God! That could have hit a windshield and caused a accident.

We will be heading to Florida soon for 3 month extended stay, which will give us a better idea on our coach. So far very happy with the unit and the dealership we purchased from.

PS we ar from Indiana, we are customers and not company employees.

Look forward to meeting other owners this winter and talking face to face.

Allen and Kim & Yogi our LabraDoodle
YogiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:38 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
I appreciate reading the posts on this subject. We took of our new '15 RW 38MB 2 apin the middle of August. We went from Indy to Appleton WI and stayed in our unit for about 2 weeks on our maiden voyage. We found only 2 small issues on this individual trip. (Corner trip in the bedroom closet and sliding doors out of adjustment after the trip).
I think you all might get a kick out of this one: after setting up in the state park in Wisconsin, I got up on the roof to get debris off and I discovered 2 25 ft. Tape measures left on the room from installing the slide out covers it was totally amazing these heavy tape measures did not bounce off during the trip. Praises to God! That could have hit a windshield and caused a accident.

We will be heading to Florida soon for 3 month extended stay, which will give us a better idea on our coach. So far very happy with the unit and the dealership we purchased from.

PS we ar from Indiana, we are customers and not company employees.

Look forward to meeting other owners this winter and talking face to face.

Allen and Kim & Yogi our LabraDoodle

A couple of questions.................

What dealer did you purchase from in Indiana?

What is home base in Indiana? It is good to see some other Hoosiers on here.

We purchased our 2012 36RL (built in August 2011) from Tiara RV, Elkhart, IN and our home base is northeast Indiana near Markle. We will be staying near Palmetto, FL for the winter.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:04 PM   #29

Hoosier Guy,
Sorry for the delay (Colts game).
We are located north of Danville IN.

We purchased our RW at Colerain RV on the south east side of Indy.

We did go to the factory for a tour, but it was after we purchased our unit.

I have seen your posts and appreciate your reply. I am new to the site and not sure how to use it.

As you or someone said the more you post the better you find your way around.

We are headed to Key Largo for the winter, it will be our third year at the same spot. Met many good friends and it feels like home.

Looking forward to having additional discussions and perhaps meeting up somewhere next summer.

Safe travels to you and your wife.
YogiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #30

Purchased mine at ExploreUSA in Fort Worth. Very happy with the sale and the people that work there.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #31

I found 2 of the glass light fixture covers wedged under the seal on top of one of my slides.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #32

Purchased ours from Whitehorse RV in New Jersey and could not be happier !

So far , we are in the - yes we would buy one again camp!

I also believe that the wrong dealer could ruin the best of trailers...
Old 11-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
Hoosier Guy,
Sorry for the delay (Colts game).
We are located north of Danville IN.

We purchased our RW at Colerain RV on the south east side of Indy.

We did go to the factory for a tour, but it was after we purchased our unit.

I have seen your posts and appreciate your reply. I am new to the site and not sure how to use it.

As you or someone said the more you post the better you find your way around.

We are headed to Key Largo for the winter, it will be our third year at the same spot. Met many good friends and it feels like home.

Looking forward to having additional discussions and perhaps meeting up somewhere next summer.

Safe travels to you and your wife.

Allen & Kim

Wow! All the way to Key Largo. You should not have any problems with cool weather down there. Have a great winter and enjoy your new Redwood.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:51 AM   #34
S&K

We purchased our coach from Explore USA in Seguin, TX and have had really good service. They are very knowledgeable on the RW units.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Purchased ours from Whitehorse RV in New Jersey and could not be happier !
Did you guys make the trip to Stoltzfus RV in West Chester?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Did you guys make the trip to Stoltzfus RV in West Chester?
We did... had a horrible experience there... I can PM you the details if interested as I am not looking to blast them in public...
Old 12-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #37

We looked at them also. My wife and I still laugh about the salesman to this day.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
We looked at them also. My wife and I still laugh about the salesman to this day.
I will say this.. the salesman was persistent... even after telling him that he insulted me with the numbers , he kept calling me and asking if I made my mind up
Old 12-02-2015, 04:15 AM   #39
Site Team

Just for entertainment purposes...

I've gone to a RV dealer and walked in telling the salesman that I've never owned a RV before and was curious about them. It's shocking what they'll tell you and how far off the truth they are. This is especially true about the carrying capacity or towing requirements.

Maintenance? I had a guy tell me "They make these things pretty much maintenance free these days.......not like they used to be". Ginny doesn't like going with me.....she says I'm mean.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Dave
I want one of them maintenance free ones