Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #21

And here is ours, a 2013 36FB [the older paintpattern]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0539.jpg (316.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #22

I work on the road and my wife and dog travel with me. We started out with a 28' Prowler, then an Alpha. My wife was researching rv's and ran across Redwood. Immediate infatuation! Our goal was then to move into a Redwood ASAP. We found a used 2012 36RL in NJ, about 2 hours south of where I was working. We went to 'look' at it and ended up buying it then and there. The deciding factors? #1 has to be RESIDENTIAL! Insulation, 4 door fridge, beautiful woodwork. I haven't seen our house in over 2 years so it was important that at the end of the day, we come home to what feels like our house. The furniture was not impressive to us but we have replaced the bed, chairs and couch and will do the same on our next Redwood. Can't wait to see what they will produce in the future. We are so happy with the unit and have not had a single regret. Count us lucky!
homeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #23

Washer and Dryer Question

I am still not sure if not putting a washer and dryer in our RW is the right thing to do. I would like input from those of you who have them. Do you use them or is it a waste of money? Problems using them? Thank you!

John and Eileen.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
I am still not sure if not putting a washer and dryer in our RW is the right thing to do. I would like input from those of you who have them. Do you use them or is it a waste of money? Problems using them? Thank you!

John and Eileen.
My wife and I use ours and they work well, they just take time. It's nice to keep the laundry done so we don't have clothes piling up and we don't have to carry as many clothes. We used to try using the laundry facilities at the campground but got tired of waiting around for our turn and not having good equipment. Then we tried the laundry facilities in towns and found them in many cases either hard to find or in bad neighborhoods.

Now we put a load in the washer in the morning and start our day.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:36 AM   #25
lwg

I'm with Dave. If you frequently need to do laundry while on the road then by all means install one. We Fulltime and couldn't imagine life without it. That being said, it's no where near as good as the Samsung Front Loading Washer & Dryer we sold with our house. We do tend to find our clothes shrink and we have difficulty getting some shirts to come out without wrinkles. In regards to the clothes shrinking, we finally verified its not just the eating out causing it! lol They truly do shrink if using the dryer. There's no real way to dry them without too much heat in my opinion.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #26

We are the opposite on the washer, dryer issue. We have been full time for 12 years, and the Redwood is our third unit. We have never had a washer or dryer in any of them, and have never felt the need. We use the space for a freezer and storage. Normally the wife does laundry once a week and it usually talks two hours or a little more. Having to wait for an opening isn't usually a problem. Just works best for us.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #27

Quote:

John and Eileen.
We fulltime, we have Whirlpool stackable W/D, had them installed by the dealer before taking delivery. We average 2-3 loads of laundry each week and generally do the laundry while doing other chores around the rig. We also work camp so we treasure our off time when we're working, we can load the washer before going to work, move it the the dryer later in the day then fold and put away everything when we get off work...we watch our fellow workcampers spend their day off doing laundry while we're out having fun. The down side, we have to dump the grey tank more often, a VERY small price to pay...Nuff said!!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:19 AM   #28

We also are fulltime & wouldn't take for our W/D. Don't get the combo as we had that in our SOB & it took forever to do a load. Also get the dishwasher, it works fantastic.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:50 AM   #29

We are only vacationers and we have the stackable type W/D. For us, they are a toy, but from one perspective, they are now 10 years old and just like new, so it could be considered a small investment when you look at the total years of service they provide, kind of like our 10 year old generator.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #30

We gave this one considerable thought weighing up the pros and cons, finally coming out in favour of Roger's argument.

For us the determining factor in our 36FL was storage or more specifically the lack thereof. We needed somewhere for the cat's litter box, dog food, cat food etc and the W/D cupboard was a prime candidate. So the W/D cupboard got shelved for storage and a cat door added for access to the litter box.

We haven't found issues with waiting at campground laundry facilities and also being retired are in no great rush anyway.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #31

We like the convenience of having the W/D in the RW compared to queuing up for the campground facilities and having to hang around while waiting for the process to complete. Presently our dealer is removing and disposing of our Splendide 2100 unit which has been troublesome since new (has failed each and every winter since new!), in the fall we will have a discrete washer and dryer pair installed for our winter in the south.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #32

We added the washer dryer and dishwasher after reading posts on the forum. We brought our Redwood home yesterday....great Mother's Day present right! we are so excited! I would like to know how to enter photos on this forum? It takes me to a URL and my photos are on my ipad. This forum is great! I kept watching for things I have read on the forum. Sure enough the water continued to run on he toilet and I had to pull up on the flush pedal to get it to stop. They put some extra Vaseline on it and said it was from lack of use. I hope so! Thanks so much for your help!

John and Eileen
Redwood 36RL
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #33

Quote:
We added the washer dryer and dishwasher after reading posts on the forum. We brought our Redwood home yesterday....great Mother's Day present right! we are so excited! I would like to know how to enter photos on this forum? It takes me to a URL and my photos are on my ipad. This forum is great! I kept watching for things I have read on the forum. Sure enough the water continued to run on he toilet and I had to pull up on the flush pedal to get it to stop. They put some extra Vaseline on it and said it was from lack of use. I hope so! Thanks so much for your help!

John and Eileen
Redwood 36RL
Purchase some battery operated water alarms and place one on the floor next to the toilet. You'll be happy you did, and you'll be able to sleep at night. Also, get in the habit of turning your water off when you leave the coach. This does not apply just to Redwood but all RVs! My philosophy is "water always wins" no matter how small of a leak or crack! Been there, done that!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #34

As for my wife and myself we as well looked for a 5th wheel to best meet our needs and not feel closed in. We bought a Carriage Compass C2 35slq and absolutely loved everything about but it always felt like pulling a tank behind us but it was worth every minute pulling it for all the compliments we got on it. Now we are nervously waiting for our RW 38BR to finally get all the glitches out of it. We also looked at the New Bigsky, Lifestyle, DRV, and Presidential but still came back to Redwood and narrowed it down to the 38BR over the front living. I dropped more money into it when we signed our name to the slip. Whirlpool washer/dryer, unagaurd awnings with LEDs, trail air tri-glide with chuckplate, and a Frigidair beverage cooler in the bonus room that will be placed above Queso's Kennel with a shelf that the RV dealership is installing for us. we just cant wait till that day is finally here. A month in waiting so far and possibly another 3 to 4 weeks more after we just did our walk thru and found several problems that had to be addressed and fixed before we would take ownership.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #35
lwg

We love our 38BR. I personally like the Redwood over DRV, New Horizons, etc as the exterior of the Redwood looks more modern. DRV and New Horizons still use the square front cap and blah paint schemes. Nice on the inside but I still prefer Redwood.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:59 PM   #36

What did you do to you bonus room part. I have heard of all kinds of different off the wall things done to them just trying to get more ideas.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #37
lwg

I had the office desk and cabinets installed in mine. I work in it 40 hours per week for my day job.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:57 AM   #38
S&K

Very Nice!

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #39

Super nice!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #40

Nice looking office there ... well thought out and designed! The window keeps it from being a cubical, too.
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote