Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #21

I originally was going to order a 2013 Big Sky by Montana before ordering my Redwood last spring. I loved everything about the Redwood but figured they would be out of my budget. After comparing the BS to the RW and working with my dealer on building each coach exactly how I wanted them, I found that the RW ended up costing me approx. $92 more a month than the BS and this coach has more features and options that were not even available on the BS at the time I placed my order. I can also give you a quick comparison - there is a Keystone Alpine and a Heartland Landmark in my park right now and they have been here all winter as I have. Those two are averaging over $80-$85 a week in propane use while my average has been $25-$30 a week. We are currently located in the upper midwest and have seen temps as cold as -22 degrees (before wind chill). There is no water at the sites as they are off for the season so all three coaches are winterized and we all keep our thermostats set at 70 degrees. All three of us are also using electric heaters inside the coach, as well, the furnace for when the electric heaters cannot keep up. So the comparison is fairly accurate and comparable. After seeing how a few other brands are standing up to the winter temps, I am only that much happier that made the decision to go with the Redwood.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroute
I originally was going to order a 2013 Big Sky by Montana before ordering my Redwood last spring. I loved everything about the Redwood but figured they would be out of my budget. After comparing the BS to the RW and working with my dealer on building each coach exactly how I wanted them, I found that the RW ended up costing me approx. $92 more a month than the BS and this coach has more features and options that were not even available on the BS at the time I placed my order. I can also give you a quick comparison - there is a Keystone Alpine and a Heartland Landmark in my park right now and they have been here all winter as I have. Those two are averaging over $80-$85 a week in propane use while my average has been $25-$30 a week. We are currently located in the upper midwest and have seen temps as cold as -22 degrees (before wind chill). There is no water at the sites as they are off for the season so all three coaches are winterized and we all keep our thermostats set at 70 degrees. All three of us are also using electric heaters inside the coach, as well, the furnace for when the electric heaters cannot keep up. So the comparison is fairly accurate and comparable. After seeing how a few other brands are standing up to the winter temps, I am only that much happier that made the decision to go with the Redwood.
WOW! that's a great comparison....thanks. I almost bought a Alpine 2 years ago.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #23

Dave,

The Alpine is a nice unit and the owners next to me are really happy with theirs. I had three Montana's prior to my new Redwood and really enjoyed the Montana as well. The problem with my Redwood is now that I saw the 38GK floor plan, I have trade in thoughts running through my head... Not to mention that I ended up trading in my 2011 SRW for a 2012 DRW this past fall as the Redwood was just too much coach for the SRW. I guess it is a good thing I am only 33 yrs of age, full timing, and enjoying the Rv lifestyle, all while still having time to keep saving for retirement!

Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #24

I am looking at ordering a RW 36RL. WITH 8K axles, "G" tires and wheels, three roof air maxx units, 2 ac's with heat pumps disc brakes, washer and seprate dryer full body paint, retracting sat. dish , trail air pin box, gen prep and unaguard upgrades to the awnings. I got quoted a price of 75k with my trade in. is that a good price? is Lazydays Tampa a good place to buy?
dnghz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #25

Without knowing the value of your trade, that question is difficult to answer.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

I know this happened to several lo who were supried and happy.....Who ordered a 2012 around March 13,2012 and received a 2013 instead...Please put down date of order date picked up and model number...Thanks, Royce

Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #27

I started this post and after much research I am going with the Lifestyle coach. I would suggest you check it out.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I started this post and after much research I am going with the Lifestyle coach. I would suggest you check it out.
I did, and I bought a Redwood. The Lifestyle was a nice looking coach.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #29

We looked at them, but no FL, so we bought a Redwood.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana

We looked at them, but no FL, so we bought a Redwood.

X2
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #31

We looked at them also and could not find a floor plan to come close to the Redwood.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #32
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Some of us are still out on the choice of RW, could you list your top 3 reasons for going with Lifestyle?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #33

What is a Lifestyle coach? It is a 5er?

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #34

They were formed by Evergreen to fill the gap in the high end market after the demise of Carriage. Affirmative, they have 5'ers, but no FL floorplan, so we didn't consider them.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #35

Lifestyle

Not to promote one or the other, but we found it interesting that at least for the two we compared side by side, they are complete opposites.

Lifestyle was 100% Dometic - (fridge, awning, AC, etc.) but absolutely nothing Lippert (custom frame - big foot level, etc.)

Redwood was 100% Lippert (FIT), but absolutely nothing Dometic (Norcold fridge, Carefree awning, Coleman AC). I realize there were some Dometic fridges, but there was nothing dometic in the one we looked at.

It's like Redwood says Falcon Integrated Technology is your one stop shop for all of the structure components - yet they bought the accessories and fixtures from all over the map instead of going to the other half of the one stop shop - Dometic. Not saying good or bad, but we thought is was kind of funny. As it is, we would have preferred the Dometic AC, but the Norcold fridge will suit us just fine.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Lifestyle

Not to promote one or the other, but we found it interesting that at least for the two we compared side by side, they are complete opposites.

Lifestyle was 100% Dometic - (fridge, awning, AC, etc.) but absolutely nothing Lippert (custom frame - big foot level, etc.)

Redwood was 100% Lippert (FIT), but absolutely nothing Dometic (Norcold fridge, Carefree awning, Coleman AC). I realize there were some Dometic fridges, but there was nothing dometic in the one we looked at.

It's like Redwood says Falcon Integrated Technology is your one stop shop for all of the structure components - yet they bought the accessories and fixtures from all over the map instead of going to the other half of the one stop shop - Dometic. Not saying good or bad, but we thought is was kind of funny. As it is, we would have preferred the Dometic AC, but the Norcold fridge will suit us just fine.
I have a 2013 Lifestyle brochure in front of me.
Lifestyle does not use Dometic. They use the low profile coleman a/c. Carefree Travel'r electric awnings, Norcold refers. But, your are right about they do not use anything from Lippert.

Lillyputz
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #37

I sure thought the one I looked at in Loveland was all Dometic. Maybe it was an early one, or I am just wrong. Looked at a batch that day.