Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #41

I hate to say it, but if the bashing and lawyer talking continues I too will go back to a more enjoyable forum. Sometimes you really have to wonder if some of those doing the most bashing even own an RV yet alone an RW. Go over to the Keystone Forum and they're bashing all brands from Keystone, while others on RV Net are bashing RWs and you can tell from their posts they have never been in one. Then there's the DRV group and per them there's only one RV and that's a DRV, but there's plenty of them with problems.
Our RL will be one year old tomorrow and has not been to a dealer for anything, that doesn't mean we haven't had any problems, but nothing we couldn't handle with parts from Brian. Now with Brian gone we'll just have to see what happens.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
Hoosier...what was the recall and is there a central "storehouse" for recall info?

My coach was built to order in the July to September 2011 time period. In late January 2012, I received a letter from Crossroads / Redwood that a recall was being made for coaches with Kodiak Disk brakes due to a Carlisle actuator failure which could cause you not to have braking capability. I found out later from my dealerthat this issue was not just a problem for Redwood but any manufacturer that was using the Carlisle actuator.

I took the coach into my dealer in late May 2012. The issue that arose on my coach was that Carlisle refused to replace the actuator under warranty causing a lot of finger pointing to go on between Crossroads, Redwood and Carlisle. After nearly 6 weeks of this, Redwood finally agreed to pay for it themselves to resolve the issueso the dealer couldget the coach back to me.

While I had the coach at the dealer, I requested that the wheel bearings be greased, the TV cable jacks be labeled (which turned out they did itwrong), a broken grease zerk be replaced and the annual warranty inspection be done. The dealer service manager was embarrassed by the delay on the brake issue and apologized and said there would be no charges for any of the work that was done.

I later found out at the 2012 Redwood Rally that the annual warranty inspection was required to be done within +/- 30 days of the purchase anniversary date and that a report was to have been filed by the dealer with the factory which was not done. So, I took my coach into the factory service centerin November to have the warranty inspection done by the factory. The factory service centerwas 1 1/2 hours closer to me than the dealer. The factory did the inspection and also took care of some other minor issuesat no charge including a couple of Technical Service Bulletins. The only charge was for a table between the recliners which I had ordered and I decided to have the winterization done while they had it at the service center.

To answer your question about a storehouse for recalls.........I really don't know if there is such a thing although it does make sense that there should be.Ireceived the recall notice by register/certified mail that I had to sign for at thepost office.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #43

We had a list of things after 6000 miles last summer and the dealer fixed them all for free last Fall... All I paid for was the 60 minutes the Tech spent showing how to properly Winterize my coach which I posted on this forum. Just got my coach back from the 1 year inspection and everything was checked out plus some extras and a wash for FREE.

Very happy with dealer service... happy with RW now that we have a DVD player that works for more than 10 minutes and the trim no longer falls off.

Newbees... really do a thorough PDI to ensure everything is the way you ordered it and fit and finish are up to par. Each of you will have your own stoies about your dealer service or support... mine has been excellent since I met tham at the RV Show.

On a similar tact, I havepitifully poor fuel economy on a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe that was the toast of the town when they came out. You can't swing a cat around here without hitting one. I get 23 mpg on a 4 cyl 6 speed manual and my Ford F350 diesel dually gets 19! Service manager at Hyundai just shrugs... and told me it must be the way I drive it. Gave the Santa Fe to my wife and I drive my truck to work every day and flip the bird in the general direction of the Hyundai dealership every time I pass it.

Life is a bowl of cheeries.... but every once in a while its just the pits...
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #44

We all gripe, but We ALL bought the RV. MY QUESTION "What has your REDWOOD DEALER FIXED for you, was to ID the issues to look for in your REDWOOD, EVIDENTLY I DID NOT STATE IT CORRECTLY. I WAS WANTING TO PEOPLE TO SAY, I have a 36 FL and this is my issue.
Instead we drifted off the post. So the owner of each type knows what to check and how the issue was fixed
Example: leak in front bedroom.
Fix: dealer resealed END CAP RING AND CHARGED. Edited by: RifRaff
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #45

When I had my RW at the dealer, the service tech told me that recalls or service bulletins will come up on their screen as soon as the key in my VIN. Some issues are only model specific and nothing came up for my 38BR.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #46

RiffRaff,

Here is what they fixed last week on my 38 BR...

Hi All,

Got the call from my Service Guy at Camping in Style in Brooklin Ontario and they completed the following:
- greased wet bolts, 2 zerks missing, replaced and greased
- only 6000 miles on unit, told no need to grease wheel bearings until 10,000
- roof inspected and sealed as needed
- all exterior lights and clearance lights resealed
- all slides recalibrated, seals cleaned and lubricated, glides lubricated
- jack cylinders cleaned and lubricated
- washer/dryer/bedroom slide reset so it closes flush on all outside surfaces
- slide trim cut back where it was touching lino when closed at top of stairs
- all maxxair fans checked and lubed
- sagging TV cabinet door hinges realigned
- paperwork faxed to Redwood for Year 1 Inspection
- trailer washed and ready for pickup this Saturday

- Cost to Owner ===> ZERO !!!

That's Customer Service!!
Edited by: BradPAjax
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #47

We have a 38BR

Here what they fixed in October for free...

1. Roof to wall trim above main electrical cupboard bulging

2.Crown molding on top of electrical cabinet loose

3. Trim popping off stair tread

4. Stair tread moved exposing gap in tread to riser

5. AC control rubbing finish off bedroom door

6. Crown molding above bed headboard bulging

7. Bad quality stile on left side of TV cabinet

8. Bedroom window fire escape latch will not hold window open... Used a coin

9. Rear door rubbing against rain trim

10. Second RCA unit still not playing CDs or DVDs properly.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

I hate to say it, but if the bashing and lawyer talking continues I too will go back to a more enjoyable forum. Sometimes you really have to wonder if some of those doing the most bashing even own an RV yet alone an RW. Go over to the Keystone Forum and they're bashing all brands from Keystone, while others on RV Net are bashing RWs and you can tell from their posts they have never been in one. Then there's the DRV group and per them there's only one RV and that's a DRV, but there's plenty of them with problems.
Our RL will be one year old tomorrow and has not been to a dealer for anything, that doesn't mean we haven't had any problems, but nothing we couldn't handle with parts from Brian. Now with Brian gone we'll just have to see what happens.
THANK YOU!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #49

Atom Ant,

I have not been on the forum for a couple days and saw your reply. After thinking what "we" could do I thought of the Redwood rally. There will be a lot of Redwood owners, Dave & Ginny for example, could compile a list of the more common problems and have a one hour session with Redwood management. Coming from a group of committed Redwood owners may be one thing that does hit home. Insist on seeing Redwoods quality manual. Ask what has been done in the last six months to improve quality. I am sure there are many more questions from the forum users that could be used. Yes have fun at the rally but also accomplish something from a quality point. My daughter is delivering our 4th grandchild mid August so I cannot attend the rally, but would be glad to help anyone in developing an outline for a quality discussion.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #50

I find it strange that the company arranges for a forum and then apparently neither monitors or moderates what is discussed... if they do it is not apparent to me.

Some sort of feedback once in a while like "Duly noted..." or "we'll get back to you" would be nice on a thread related to concerns or common issues.

How about a Moderated Thread that stays on topic for more than three responses...

We should not have to wait for an annual rally and have a owner rep air our concerns with RW Mgmt... no disrespect to Dave and Ginny but I don't have any plans to attend a rally in the next yr or two and my warranty will be up by then.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #51

I started reading this forum because we were planning to go full time in an RV. No idea which one, but started reading different forums and the information and "lack" of bad issues for RW made up our mind. I love the storage and that was really important. But, I have to say that all of the informaion here and the extremelly helpful people brought us to buying a RW. I feel that what has happened here is that we have let a few unhappy people (and there are always some) get the best of this situation. Stay togher strong as RW owners. There will always be someone who is not happy and can't be satisfied no matter what. I expect to recieve my 38GK by the end of the May and I will not let my enthusiam wavier. I have high expectations and I surely trust my dealer, so come time to pick up my new home, IWILL be happy and anything that isn't quite as it should be will be fixed to my satisfaction. Keep the faith!
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 AM   #52

Welcome, to THE FAMILY!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #53
Site Team

I have been moderating the forum the past few months and apparently not do doinga great job. Have been throwing spammers off the forum but have been hesitant to control directions that threads are going.

I agree-a better effort needs to be made to stop the bashing but still allow constructive criticism. I will work at improving the forum by trying to keep threads more on track and discourging bashing. I am open to suggestions-please send me private messages thru the message option.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #54

Good luck at differentiating between bashing and constructive criticism. IMHO, a moderator's job is to curtail personal attacks and other such nonsense. If someone wants to be critical, so be it. You can always choose to ignore the malcontent. Usually, they get the message. I'd hate to see the mod begin to employ gestapo style tactics as opposed to allowing free speech. Besides, I often find these posts filled with pi## and vinegar rather entertaining.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #55

Sometimes after WORKING with a DEALER, bent on only profit, I want to rant; although I know none you of personally, I feel like you are my friends, so I can rant to friends with the same type of problems. And YES DEALERS do set me off, from time to time. So please forgive. BTW, I started this thread so I would know where issues have occurred on my type of RV,( that is why i ask folks to list type of RV), MAYBE I can avoid some go the cost of repair by knowing where I might need to do little PM. I couldn't think of a better way to find out issues on my RW.(36FL)
thanks folks.Edited by: RifRaff
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #56

I am only trying to explain that I do not think we should have to have so many workmanship repairs. My list is just a heads up to others. It is what it is. I guess if your a full timer,I have been for 17 years now, you might spend more time in your rig,put more miles on it and have and notice more problems. I'm just saying. Dave I will look for you at the ralley I have your photo. See you then. Everyone be safe in their travels. GB
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
I find it strange that the company arranges for a forum and then apparently neither monitors or moderates what is discussed... if they do it is not apparent to me.

Some sort of feedback once in a while like "Duly noted..." or "we'll get back to you" would be nice on a thread related to concerns or common issues.

How about a Moderated Thread that stays on topic for more than three responses...

We should not have to wait for an annual rally and have a owner rep air our concerns with RW Mgmt... no disrespect to Dave and Ginny but I don't have any plans to attend a rally in the next yr or two and my warranty will be up by then.
Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenhardt
I have been moderating the forum the past few months and apparently not do doinga great job. Have been throwing spammers off the forum but have been hesitant to control directions that threads are going.

I agree-a better effort needs to be made to stop the bashing but still allow constructive criticism. I will work at improving the forum by trying to keep threads more on track and discourging bashing. I am open to suggestions-please send me private messages thru the message option.
Bruce,

you came into this after the damage had already been done. Since this forum had been so mismanaged for so long, it would be a full time job and then some, to get it straightened out. Sort of like trying to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun. You have done a great job dealing with the spam.

As for the posts, there's a lot of folks on here with a lot of different opinions. There's bound to be a few clashes every now and then.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #59

<str&#111;ng style="text-align: left; ">Blenhardt… Thanks[/b]<div style="text-align: left;">Keep up the good work, I hated those spam sales and unconstructive blogs.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #60

Bruce.... Thanks for all you do with moderating the forum. You are doing a great job. We routinely check for new information and updates. We find the information very helpful for knowing issues to check and watch out for. To keep in line with the tread, our dealer Sturgeon Woods RV in Leamington ON, has fixed minor issues on PDI and normal wear and tear issues or commonly identified issues (DVD player replaced, shower stall minor leak and replaced shower taps, changed light bulbs, sticking desk drawer, replaced blind). They also repaired issues caused by us - major scratch in countertop. All of this was done quickly and without charge. They respond to our questions when asked and are easy to deal with. We spent all winter in our 36RL and loved it. We have travelled many miles and as with any home, have done minor mtce ourselves as needed(install of TV/telephone cabling, greasing, and hot water tank repair). We have had our unit for 2 years and wouldn't trade it. See you at the Rally.

Rolly and Laurie