Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #21

We stayed the entire weekend at our campsite, the weather was mostly rainy so it gave us time to take care of inside housekeeping. I ordered extra picture frames ( not hung)so DW being a photographer, replaced the stock photos with her own and got those hung. pulled all floor vents and used dirt devil to clean factorywood chips from them. figured out our TV's (working fine) caulked inside generator compartment floor so it was useable for storage. added a mud daubber screen to furnace vents outside to keep stinkbugs out.programmed keyless entries on both doors with new codes.the only real issue that I have found isI need to get some wood filler to fill a couple of brad holes that the factory must have missed. the other thing that I will modify is that the TV in the living room is in plain sight, DW would like me to build doors to cover it while not using the TV. Iwill contactRW and hopefully theyshould be able to supply me with the matching woodand hinges. If not I know a few local Amish that build custom roll top desks and may be able to build what I'm looking for. We really enjoyed the new unit, and have not found many problems at this point.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #22

Chris, sounds like you're pretty "handy". I also had a list of things that I fixed myself to avoid leaving it at the dealer. So nice... I don't want it out of my sight :-).

I found that HD & Lowes don't seem to carry any putty that comes close to matching (I bought 3 that were close but still hidious). I suggest you bring a piece of trim or small cab door with you to a paint store. The stuff that Redwood uses matches perfectly so it's out there...

When I was at the Rally in August, I was surprised to see that Redwood actually makes all their own cabinets & trim "in-house". I'm sure that they have the resources tobuild matching doorsand trim for that project, but will they? - since they would have to design it as well. That sounds like a good option for them to offer- as long as it actually looks goodandthey could keep the weight of the doors from cracking theframes while bouncing around on the road. On my RL, I think theTV tilts - sothe bottomsticks out past the recess. Question is, can you make the compartment deeper so that the TV won't rub inside it while traveling - without it getting big and fugly? :-)Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote