Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #1

I was just at the local Redwood dealer today and our salesman said that Redwood is dropping the 2+5 warrantee (effective with any new orders). Has anyone else heard this?
Rocketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #2

No.

johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #3

My wife and I was at the Redwood factory yesterday checking on our new 38FL and asked about the 2+5 warrantee and was told nothing has or will be changing around this program. That's directly from factory reps, we took that a step further and went by the Crossroads customer Service center, who stated the same thing and even gave us lots of good infor how to access the program should we need warrantee work or even emergency work while on the road.
JellyStonePark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #4

That's good to hear. Makes me wonder where our sales rep got his info? Guess I'll give him this one; he's been really good with everything else so far. Just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your RW? We've been working with Windish.

BTW - What do you think of your 38FL? My wife and I have pretty much narrowed it down to the 38FL and 38GK.
Rocketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #5

We chose to purchase our Redwood from Tarpley RV in Durango. We had looked at Windish here in Denver and felt there prices were out of line with going rates. We also like the feel of a small town dealer who seems to value a long term relationship with their customers.

As for the 38FL itself, with the exception of the fireplace issue which is being addressed it's a nice unit. We weren't crazy about the new counter color (Bone corian) we understand they had lots of cracking breaking issues with the quartz product, so I understand and appreciate wanting to avoid those kinds of issues. On a personal note we chose to go back to the queen size bed instead of the King we had ordered, feeling the king made the bedroom feel too tight with the new chest of drawers.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

We heard the same rumors when we bought ours, turned out it had no basis.

What is the bone countertop? Do you have a pic?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmx
I was just at the local Redwood dealer today and our salesman said that Redwood is dropping the 2+5 warrantee (effective with any new orders). Has anyone else heard this?
I asked Tom about this and he affirmed that the warranty would in all likelihood change.

At the rally, Tom said that he was fighting to keep the 2+5 warranty. The problem was that the suppliers of the components we're wanting to warranty everything for the 2 years. I hope they keep the 2+5 but time will tell since he's no longer with the company.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #8

Hope they keep the warranty as is. It was a major factor in our decision to buy a Redwood. If nothing else, it speaks to the manufacturer's confidence in the quality of its product. We were totally turned off by those offering a one year warranty, and then, only if it was used for recreational use -- warranty -0- if used to fulltime. If they didn't think it would survive one year of fulltime use, we wanted no part of their product.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #9

It would be a mistake to get rid of it now the Landmark has it
Old 09-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #10

The Counter tops are no longer made of Quartz, due to breaking and cracking. The quartz became a huge warrantee issue for Redwood. The solution was to change all the counter tops going forward to a Corian product, that is the color of "Bone". The Corian doesn't look bad it just doesn't have that touch of class the Quartz had.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #11

nor the weight - one of the gk's we looked at had it and removing the stove covers was a two person job almost

johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #12

We have the quartz and love it. But left the stove top and sink covers in storage. We replaced the stove top pieces with a custom made maple cutting board.

So far at least no cracking.

Rick
Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #13

Saw the new counter tops in a unit on our dealers web site, think I like the 2013 standard counters we have better but thats why we get to make choices, we all don't like the same things.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #14

we were not impressed with Windish. First off they had never heard of our trade, Crossroads Kingston, and all but called us liars about the features in our unit. The salesman was not knowledgeable about the FL we were looking at... this was not our first look at a Redwood... we went to Dennis Dillon RV in Boise, Idaho from CO in January to buy from a dealer who treated us like family and still do. They had the best deal, too
marandjwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyStonePark
The Counter tops are no longer made of Quartz, due to breaking and cracking. The quartz became a huge warrantee issue for Redwood. The solution was to change all the counter tops going forward to a Corian product, that is the color of "Bone". The Corian doesn't look bad it just doesn't have that touch of class the Quartz had.
Do they still have the gray LG stuff like ours, or is it all Corian now?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #16

Disappointing to hear of the issues with the quartz product. We have it and love it, have had no problems.

The weight is of course an issue, we too took the stove and sink covers out and stored them, I like Rick's idea, might do that too!!