Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #1

Smile Tentative completion date...

We have been provided a tentative completion date of 8/18 for shipment...
In your experiences what's the normal delivery process. I've been told that there is a shortage of drivers for deliveries...We live in AZ, and we have a trip scheduled to Bend, Oregon the first week of September. We were going to wait to place the order when we got back and just go with our CC but we were told that RW could make it happen (and we truly trust our sales guy) We have been planning this for 18 months. Some of your delivery issues/ quality control issues concern us...Our time frame doesn't give the dealership a lot of time to correct problems. Our #1 reason for going with RW is the quality... so I'm hoping no major issues and 1100 mile drive to Bend should be a piece of cake...or not??
I look forward to your feedback.
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey3025 View Post
Our #1 reason for going with RW is the quality... so I'm hoping no major issues and 1100 mile drive to Bend should be a piece of cake...or not??
I look forward to you feedback.
#1 misconception.

Don't set yourself up with high expectations. Redwood builds a nice product and maybe nicer than some of the others we have had, but they don't stand far above the rest. You are reading about issues and they do have some issues. If you think you are buying a Toyota, you are not.

Typical for the industry, expect to find some work that at went out the door that shouldn't, some Dealer frustration, and maybe a bit of a wrestling match to get it to the way it should have been to begin with. But, once the bugs are worked out - you should have a nice coach.

Hopefully your #1 reason is because you like the coach, the layout, style, and the color.

The Delivery time sounds about right.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #3

Our delivery was at 12 weeks, and that was after a phone call to RW to get it on the road (they stage them in lots waiting for drivers, yes there is a huge backlog). I would call them after it leaves paint and keep checking. We did not have any "trip ending" failures after delivery, but you ***WILL*** have issues. If you keep that in mind, and are prepared for it, that's fine. Just make sure your major systems work (heat, A/C, Water, tanks, refrigerator, etc.) Especially in that time of year.

I would *NOT* rely on it for a "dream trip" without at least one trip to warranty for repairs scheduled. We made our warranty appointment BEFORE WE EVEN TOOK DELIVERY! Some of the issues are quick and easy to fix, it's waiting for an appointment that takes time!

Good luck and ENJOY! We still look back fondly on our delivery, it went great and we did NOT have any major problems. Many people don't, just a bunch of small ones.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:26 AM   #4

Once we hit 12 weeks I will start stressing and hoping that it ships as quickly as possible.
Thinking positive thoughts!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:28 AM   #5

Where in AZ did you buy?
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #6

We purchased at Camping World, Mesa.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:15 AM   #7

When I agreed to buy our 38RL , I committed to it on Wednesday July 1st , it was at the Factory in Indiana.. It was picked up that evening by shipping , and taken to their shipping yard where it left Thursday July 2nd and was in New Jersey at my dealer Friday July 3rd..I could not pick it up until the following weekend , so that was the longest week of my life....
I was away when the trailer hit the dealer , they kept sending me pictures of the inside and out all week
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote