Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #1

Residential sofa & recliners

We are closing in on ordering a 38GK. The current, but outdated brochure states the furniture is leather. The latest retail price sheet calls them faux-leather, and the website says neither, just sofa & recliners. We have sat in them and they are comfortable but didn't think to check the labels.

We are curious, Redwood owners, what are yours? Thanks.

Steve and Linda
Steve & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:16 AM   #2

Fake, but do look nice and fairly comfortable, and we're using our Full Time.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #3

We have faux-leather, looks good & are reasonably comfortable.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:21 AM   #4

our 38gk has the dark faux,
but has held up well so far even with a 65 lb wild dog running all over them

but understand we've only stayed in it 8 days when it wasn't in the shop !

the res are more comfortable than the sleeper sofa imho and the spare dinette chairs and the vacuum utensils store in there...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #5

Hmmm - faux. I never even noticed. They are extremely comfortable to us, and we ordered the standard couch in lieu of any kind of bed because of the comfort we noticed in the showroom model.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post

but understand we've only stayed in it 8 days when it wasn't in the shop !

the res are more comfortable than the sleeper sofa imho and the spare dinette chairs and the vacuum utensils store in there...
Jonnyboy, you are starting to sound like Lillyputz! Time to find a new shop!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #7

Given the poor treatment for them, I really take umbrage with that then but in my defense, it has been 40 days and counting @ ExploreUSA ... (this time)

So we shouldn't warn people about issues ?
If the truth hurts... we should take an aspirin...

But totally agree with you, as soon as I get it back, I will !!!
THEN I'll be doing some derogatory comments TO and about the dealer ...
Old 01-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #8

Yeah, that's like bad mouthing the surgeon while being under the knife:]
Old 01-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #9

I will have to say you're much more forgiving than I would be. Afraid I would have been there long ago and removing my RW from their property, that would be after a few choice words. Only way someone is going to have our RW that long is when they take it in trade.

OK, back on track: We too order the Resi Sofa too, as we've had different types of sleep sofas and none we good for sitting or sleeping.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
We can also attest that the couch stands up well to the dogs (65 & 75 lbs). They prefer the couch to their beds on the floor. The couch has also survived a few wars when the cat tried to encroach.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I will have to say you're much more forgiving than I would be. Afraid I would have been there long ago and removing my RW from their property, that would be after a few choice words. Only way someone is going to have our RW that long is when they take it in trade.

Quite a while ago I would have advised the Service Manager & GM exactly where they could shove the free dish, along the lines of where the sun don't shine.

Johnboy - long past time to get your coach up to the service centre or another dealer that will work with them.

Good luck & try to stay positive, remember you got a great coach when the issues are finally resolved.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Site Team

I can be a very forgiving and understanding type of guy but to be honest....about now I'd have someones neck between my hands and admiring the nice blue color on their face until they fully understood the situation and my disappointment.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #13

We have a 2012 and our furniture was faux leather. We enjoy the couch, however we replaced the recliners with leather lazy boys and they are a little narrower and a dream to relax in. We found the factory a bit uncomfortable after time.
Bill
b41wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #14
Traveling

"Cedar Lined Closet"

Unfortunately, RW still says in all of their literature that standard is "Cedar Lined Closet". Obviously (as I pointed out to the factory rep at the show) this is completely false, it is a cedar-looking laminate board, which is NICE, but is NOT cedar. Somebody obviously doesn't understand WHY cedar is good in closets... The MOTHS and BUGS will not be fooled! Ha!

They also say "leather chairs and sofa" in many places, and they are not. They are faux. A high quality faux, but faux nonetheless.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #15
Traveling

Theater Style Seating

I really wish RW would offer (instead of side-by-side recliners) the theater seating option. We have this at home, and we personally prefer it and think it's a cleaner look. We like the console/cupholders in between instead of two big armrests. Just in case anyone at RW is paying attention! We would have asked for that when we ordered our new 38R just a couple of weeks ago!!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #16

There's no way a mfg can fulfill everybody's wishes. If I was ordering a new RV, I would order it without furniture. We have changed some of the furniture in the last three campers we have had. Didn't like the recliners that came in the Redwood. Started looking for replacement recliners and ended up getting a power reclining loveseat.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #17
Traveling

Talking Theater Style Seating

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame View Post
There's no way a mfg can fulfill everybody's wishes. If I was ordering a new RV, I would order it without furniture. We have changed some of the furniture in the last three campers we have had. Didn't like the recliners that came in the Redwood. Started looking for replacement recliners and ended up getting a power reclining loveseat.
I agree... My list would be LONG if I could have whatever I wanted. I would LOVE to have the built-in, hard-plumbed coffee maker. Free up a lot of space and would never fall of of a counter! Those things are bomb, and we are going to install one in our coach. They are SWEET!

I have kind of a "thing" about minimizing all of the stuff we have to do to move. Obviously, there is something wrong with me!! LOL!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
I agree... My list would be LONG if I could have whatever I wanted. I would LOVE to have the built-in, hard-plumbed coffee maker. Free up a lot of space and would never fall of of a counter! Those things are bomb, and we are going to install one in our coach. They are SWEET!

I have kind of a "thing" about minimizing all of the stuff we have to do to move. Obviously, there is something wrong with me!! LOL!!

While not hard plumbed for water, our coffee maker in our 36RL is plugged into an outlet in the pantry on a pullout shelf. Doesn't take up any counter space.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:33 PM   #19

And the 38gk has MULTIPLE drawers to have the two coffee makers, the toaster, the cell phones, the flashlights, the ipods, the tablets, and sundries the wife feels we MUST have!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #20

Has anyone at RW realized that this is misrepresentation/fraud? Everyone who bought believing (based on the representations in its publications) they were getting leather and cedar could sue to get what they paid for? Probably too expensive unless a bunch of owners join together. Although some states may have legislation that would allow the state's attorney general to bring an action. Just the lawyer in me thinking out loud