Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #41
Site Team

You have to arrange it
Old 05-24-2014, 12:45 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
You have to arrange it
Do I have to call a certain individual or just call Redwood? and how far away from the Service Center is the factory?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:06 AM   #43
Site Team

It's about 20 miles away I believe. Ask your connection at the service center.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:19 AM   #44

Quote:
It's about 20 miles away I believe. Ask your connection at the service center.
Thanks, I will talk to Rick Drinkwine. Can you tell me the best way to get to the Service Center from Peoria? We are thinking 24 to to 31?
Old 05-24-2014, 02:38 AM   #45

take 55 up to 80/90 toll road
gocubs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #46
Site Team

To get to the factory, either take I74E to 55N or take 116 over to 55N to 80E (this will save about 20 minutes). Stay East on 90 toll road until Indiana 13 South, after you cross Rt 6 the factory will be about 1.5 miles on the left side. There's a large sign. There are 2 buildings, go to the rear building, there's a sign for the office.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Thanks, I will talk to Rick Drinkwine. Can you tell me the best way to get to the Service Center from Peoria? We are thinking 24 to to 31?
The Crossroads Service Center is in Topeka, IN near the west side of town. If you are coming via US24 to US31, take US31 north to US6. Go east on US6 about 29 miles to Indiana St Rd 5. Go north on St Rd 5 about 5 or 6 miles. There will be a Valero gas station on the right. Turn right on country road W700S and go east about 2 miles to Topeka. The service center will be on your right with the offices up front under the service center sign.

The Redwood factory location is on the north side of Syracuse, IN on St Rd 13.

By the way who is Rick Drinkwine and what is his function at the service center?

Good luck and hope everything turns out well for you.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
The Crossroads Service Center is in Topeka, IN near the west side of town. If you are coming via US24 to US31, take US31 north to US6. Go east on US6 about 29 miles to Indiana St Rd 5. Go north on St Rd 5 about 5 or 6 miles. There will be a Valero gas station on the right. Turn right on country road W700S and go east about 2 miles to Topeka. The service center will be on your right with the offices up front under the service center sign.

The Redwood factory location is on the north side of Syracuse, IN on St Rd 13.

By the way who is Rick Drinkwine and what is his function at the service center?

Good luck and hope everything turns out well for you.
Thanks for the information. Rick Drinkwine is the Customer Service Manager. He would be the supervisor of the techs you talk to when you call Customer Service. He is difficult to get ahold of!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:57 AM   #49

Sorry it's been so long to reply and let everyone know of my experience at the Service Center. Let me start out by saying that the staff there, from the Service Manager to the techs were professional in every way. The center itself was not what I expected but they are building a new one east of the existing facility and will have more bays available. Once we arrived, the fifth wheel was brought to the front and the service manager and tech that did the work met with me and we went through each of my issues one by one to make sure I was happy with the results. I can truly say that the roof and bulb seal issues were repaired to factory new. The roof membrane was replaced on both slides and the bulb seals were replaced and sealed accordingly. Excellent work!! All of my 11 or 12 issues were taken care of except the battery issue. That was partly due to the fact that they were not understanding what my issue was. The issue was that when the battery switch is turned off, it really isn't turned off! I could still operate the docking lights and the slides when the switch was off. They agreed with me that when the switch is off, nothing should operate. The Service Manager came up with a solution but wanted to run it by the factory production manager to make sure that it would resolve my issue. We actually took the Redwood to Shipshewana South and they came to me the next day to solve that problem. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they may have even decided to change the way they wire the switch during the building process. I told them that this has been a well discussed issue on the forum. I'm not an electrician but I know it was an easy fix for them and it did involve a jumper wire and removing the wire from the positive on the battery to the bussbar. Now, when my battery switch is off, nothing works. Success!! I feel like I have a new Redwood!!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:12 AM   #50

Don't we all love a happy ending? Congrats!!!
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Sorry it's been so long to reply and let everyone know of my experience at the Service Center. Let me start out by saying that the staff there, from the Service Manager to the techs were professional in every way. The center itself was not what I expected but they are building a new one east of the existing facility and will have more bays available. Once we arrived, the fifth wheel was brought to the front and the service manager and tech that did the work met with me and we went through each of my issues one by one to make sure I was happy with the results. I can truly say that the roof and bulb seal issues were repaired to factory new. The roof membrane was replaced on both slides and the bulb seals were replaced and sealed accordingly. Excellent work!! All of my 11 or 12 issues were taken care of except the battery issue. That was partly due to the fact that they were not understanding what my issue was. The issue was that when the battery switch is turned off, it really isn't turned off! I could still operate the docking lights and the slides when the switch was off. They agreed with me that when the switch is off, nothing should operate. The Service Manager came up with a solution but wanted to run it by the factory production manager to make sure that it would resolve my issue. We actually took the Redwood to Shipshewana South and they came to me the next day to solve that problem. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they may have even decided to change the way they wire the switch during the building process. I told them that this has been a well discussed issue on the forum. I'm not an electrician but I know it was an easy fix for them and it did involve a jumper wire and removing the wire from the positive on the battery to the bussbar. Now, when my battery switch is off, nothing works. Success!! I feel like I have a new Redwood!!!!

Rick, I'm VERY happy for you! It was also nice to meet you and Willie when you guys stopped by the house.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #52

Rick, that is a well written report with a happy ending. Be safe traveling back home my friend.

PS. After our long discussion with you about SW; I bought a Ram dually at the last minute. I was afraid I would be too overloaded with the extra cargo I will be traveling with.
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Rick, I'm VERY happy for you! It was also nice to meet you and Willie when you guys stopped by the house.
Same here Dave, It's always nice to put a face with a name. We enjoyed the conversation and the tour of your beautiful rig. It was also weird to discover that a childhood friend of mine is actually your sister-in-law! What a small world.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Roadrunners View Post
Rick, that is a well written report with a happy ending. Be safe traveling back home my friend.

PS. After our long discussion with you about SW; I bought a Ram dually at the last minute. I was afraid I would be too overloaded with the extra cargo I will be traveling with.
Jay D, You probably did the right thing, the safer, the better, and it will certainly give you peace of mind knowing you have 4 tires behind you on the ground. We did make it home safe but not without an issue. We were about 50 miles out of Little Rock when the bottom fell out of the approaching storm front. Wow, we went from 55 mph down to 20 mph almost instantly! Thankfully, everyone around and behind us did the same thing. I noticed quite a bit of vibration prior to this so I pulled in to a rest stop and checked the tires but didn't notice anything. We headed out after the front passed but still noticed vibration so we drove about 50mph until we hobbled into Benton where we had planned to spend the night. We unhitched and headed to the Ford Dealer down the road. They discovered that my right rear tire was separating, not on the sidewall but in the middle of the tire resulting in an unround tire! My tires only have 13000 miles on them. The dealer was able to prorate the tire and replace it so we were on the road the next day. I will be replacing those General tires soon. Needless to say, If that tire had shredded while pulling my Redwood, it could have gotten ugly.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #55

While staying at Shipshewana South, I discovered a leak at one of the water filter connections. Luckily the week prior I had purchased a Pex tool and connectors at Menards so I was able to take out the filter housing and reconnect the incoming filter line to the outgoing "t" connector with one crimp pex clamp. Now I will be able to configure the filter housing along with my new water softener into some sort of box that will be set under the Redwood when I am hooked up. No more climbing into the storage compartment to change the filter!!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #56
Traveling

I can never hear enough stories like this! Thanks for sharing!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #57

That is super - and just in time for the season! Now relax and enjoy
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #58

Congratulations Rick. I am very pleased you were able get things resolved.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:01 AM   #59

A while back I posted that my unit had a Schwintec seize up on the bedroom slide. I ended up taking the unit back to Tuscano RV dealership where I purchased it for repairs and also the front and rear cap paint. I'm happy to report that Redwood/Crossroads step up and covered the painting of the caps under warranty and they also covered the replacement of the two bedroom slide motors under warranty.

They had initially informed my dealer that the motors were not covered under warranty because I was past my 2 year warranty date by ~3.5 months. I ended up calling Redwood/Crossroads and voiced my concerns about the early failure of the motor. They requested I write them an email with my request and they would review it. After about 1 week everything was covered under warranty.

We are full time and we ended up living outside of the unit for 6 weeks with family and friends, but it was worth it as the bill for the 2 motor replacements was over $1K.

Now that is what I call "great" customer service!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #60

Dean & Pam - we all love a happy ending. Thanks for sharing yours!
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote