Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2022, 10:59 AM   #21

I bought both a 21 Redwood 4001LK ~and~ a 22 Riverstone Legacy 39RKFB.

I sold the Redwood.

There are a lot of features you could compare and contrast... Leaving ALL of that out of the equation, the Riverstone is bigger feeling despite being nearly the exact same floorplan. In the living/kitchen, it's because of the slide configuration. In the master bedroom, it's because of the opposing slide.

The DRV version of the same floorplan is also like Riverstone's. After I saw that "flavor" of the same plan, the Redwood just seemed "small" to me.

It's all just preferences. Like Ford vs Ram etc.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:46 AM   #22
Site Team

Yesterday I was finally able to see a Riverstone in person. Not a bad it seemed very similar to the Redwood. I do like their hung walls and the storage space was well thought out. In my opinion, this unit was priced high for what they are.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:16 PM   #23

comparison

We own a 2017 36RL with full body paint. The paint is holding up remarkably well and so has the rest of the unit. Owners on this forum have noted the thick body walls, of the Riverstone, although that sounds impressive, the real heat loss occurs in the roof followed by the windows. Lastly, as someone else had mentioned, the slide outs are not as well insulated as the rest of the walls and roof, so heat loss is expected to be high there as well. I'm actually quite happy with the RW and if we were in the market, I'd certainly consider purchasing another. Was at the Tampa RV show and looked at all the RW models. The 4120GK is a new model that stood out. We particularly liked the sized kitchen, ample countertops and bathroom layout. The bathroom is similar to one of the LUXE models. We half time in ours during the winter months in SW FL, so use the kitchen a lot. One comparison that wasn't mentioned is the warranty differences between the Riverstone and the RW as RW went back to a 2 year bumper to bumper and a 3 year on the frame. Riverstone is just one year. Some have mentioned that overall, Forest River, the parent of the Riverstone, has had significant failure problems. We personally know an RV tech who will attest to that and says, stay away from FR in general, among other brands not mentioned here. RW, like any RV will have quality control issues because it's only as good as the weakest link working on your 5th wheel that day. These are assembly line workers who are incentivized to produce, subsequently they'll miss stuff, it's a given. RW reps know that too and are frustrated with the problems, they get to hear about them. Simply put, it all has to do with work ethic and production quotas. All of our issues we had, were addressed under that 2 year window. What remains is our problem now, and there have been few. Let's face it, there are legitimate problems with RV's, but to single out RW as one of the worst, just isn't a fact, it's an opinion. They're actually quite well made and a good value for the money spent.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:29 PM   #24

We live in our 2022 4001LK full time and don't move it. After getting the kinks worked out it's really starting to feel like home. We were fortunate to have bought it from a top notch dealer who doesn't forget who you are after the rig leaves his lot. If your banking on the manufacture to get you thru the warranty phase,FORGET IT. Probably the case with all of them now but just learn to be handy and like Youtube.
Mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboy View Post
We live in our 2022 4001LK full time and don't move it. After getting the kinks worked out it's really starting to feel like home. We were fortunate to have bought it from a top notch dealer who doesn't forget who you are after the rig leaves his lot. If your banking on the manufacture to get you thru the warranty phase,FORGET IT. Probably the case with all of them now but just learn to be handy and like Youtube.
I'm happy that you have such a great dealership, but we can't take our dealership with us. There's those of us who move away, locate our units in another state or are on the road and don't have the fortune of having this top notch dealer in our backyard. So, my point was, that's where the 2 year warranty comes in to cover your unit's problems wherever you are. In fact, many owner's have issues occurring when away. Our RV resort is over 1000 miles away from our dealership and we used well referenced mobile techs and other dealerships where applicable, but all were professional and did good work. For that reason alone, the two year warranty tops anyone's and gives you a peace of mind.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:24 PM   #26

I agree the two year warranty is fine but the catch is having to bring it in to a dealer for any repairs. The only time Keystone waived the $300 service was the first time we had issues. We had a hydraulic leak somewhere in the Lippert control.We were told in order to fix it had to be in a clean inviorment. Our lot is 100% concrete and pavers.Told it was at least a six to eight hour job. It's BS likes this where the problems lie.
Mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote