Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 06:25 AM   #21

reasonable time for service.

Well it has now been over 3 weeks since I took my new 38GK back for warrenty work. Still no call to come and pick it up. So I called left a very firm message as my lack of information has now worn on my last nerve. Finally got a call to day from the Service manager. Was told that they have been done with it since the second day to took it in. But they are waiting for a jwrap part that is to be replaced on the lower dinning slide due to them moving it on the lot. And they failed to order it when it was suppose to be ordered over a month ago. So now we are on additional wait time of 6 weeks from the factory. I informed them I would be picking up my check and my onan generator which Installed alone with all my personal items. OF COURSE this was my frustration speaking and I know that it is pure empty bluff. They of course are not going to refund my money. But All I the customer needed was the truth and some updates and I would have been satisfied. Now I am totally unhappy with the dealers service department and I go to pick up my RW on Monday. Not sure my next step. I do not have another dealer closer than 5-6 hours from my location. That is how it ends ladies and gentlemen.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:36 AM   #22

So the Dealer damaged it?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstan View Post
Well it has now been over 3 weeks since I took my new 38GK back for warrenty work. Still no call to come and pick it up. So I called left a very firm message as my lack of information has now worn on my last nerve. Finally got a call to day from the Service manager. Was told that they have been done with it since the second day to took it in. But they are waiting for a jwrap part that is to be replaced on the lower dinning slide due to them moving it on the lot. And they failed to order it when it was suppose to be ordered over a month ago. So now we are on additional wait time of 6 weeks from the factory. I informed them I would be picking up my check and my onan generator which Installed alone with all my personal items. OF COURSE this was my frustration speaking and I know that it is pure empty bluff. They of course are not going to refund my money. But All I the customer needed was the truth and some updates and I would have been satisfied. Now I am totally unhappy with the dealers service department and I go to pick up my RW on Monday. Not sure my next step. I do not have another dealer closer than 5-6 hours from my location. That is how it ends ladies and gentlemen.
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear this. I have messaged you privately to see if there is any way I can help. Hang in there!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #24

AA, yessir that happened when I went to pick it up when I purchased it. It is not major. But it is damage they said they would replace the Jwrap piece on the lower back side of the dinning room slide. I am picking up my RW on Monday. I have a trip I need it for. When ever they get the Jwrap in I will schedule a time to take it back. They have had it for 3+ weeks now. Everything was completed on the warranty work except for this. And this somehow was never ordered. Got to keep a sense of humor in all this and remind myself, this is the best days of my life :-) Hey after all I am blessed to have a RW! Lots of folks are towing lesser coaches and for sure not as nice a looking coaches
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #25

Only 3 weeks? Mine was taken to the shop for warranty work on April 27 for an appointment so the dealer could contact Redwood. It's still there. The shop is telling me that Redwood has some approvals pending as of today, and when they approve things, they (Redwood) has to order parts to be sent to the dealer. Redwood did approve to have the end caps repainted, and this was done in early May. I have a good relationship with the repair manager, and he has gone out of his way to help us through previous visits, so I trust him. Let's see, travel six months (2013-2014) three months in the shop for warranty repairs, travel six months (2014-2015) two months and counting. I had just about talked my wife into going to the Redwood rally, but can't plan on it. O well, but it was a long trip anyway. Hope I can make it to a rally in Maine in August. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #26

We have been very happy with our service arrangement at B. Young RV in Portland, Or. When we have had catastrophic type failures (like when our surge protector fried and we had no power AT ALL) our service department got us in within the week. Other stuff on our running "punch list" we get all scheduled and approved and we have never stayed more than three days at the service department (they allow us to stay on site with 50 amp hookup). They get all repairs pre-approved and parts on site before we arrive and then it's just the work to be done. NO COMPLAINTS. We have never had to take the coach in for a visual inspection before our repair appointment. That seems ridiculous in most situations.

***IT IS NOT CONVENIENT TO HAUL THIS HUGE TRAILER IN FOR AN UNNECESSARY INSPECTION OF AN OBVIOUS WARRANTY CLAIM!***

I realize that once in a while it's debatable of whether or not a repair is covered by warranty or not, but most of the time it's very obvious and emailed photos are ample for ordering parts and scheduling work (again, my opinion after 20 years RVing).

Redwood (and all FULLTIME RV manufacturers for that matter) need to make some sort of effort to coordinate service options as an industry because it is a deal breaker for most people.

I asked our service department if they do service for Redwoods that weren't purchased at the dealership and they said not at this time, but maybe in October. They don't have room for "Outside customers". They are BUSY.

Many repairs could be handled (in my opinion) by a good mobile RV Tech, with pre-approved warranty and parts being shipped directly to the owner or to a local place (our service center will coordinate this when appropriate). I am not sure why there would be a "flood gate opened" of warranty claims, it has been my experience that folks don't WANT to have work done on their coach, but need to. It's ALWAYS a pain, even with an ideal situation. Seems like a glaring weak link to me.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote