Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #41

Speaking of smoking mirrors, the video has been pulled by the user
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #42
Site Team

I wasn't at the "question and answer" of the rally BUT i was told that it was said that the company lawyers didn't like the 5 year warranty because it was full of loop holes. What did the loop holes not cover? Structure is a pretty simple term, frame and the bones of the trailer ( wall studs, roof beams, frame and lamination).

Folks......the lawyers work on the behalf of who pays them. In this case they work for Redwood and not the people who buy Redwoods. If the lawyers saw problems, it would be a problem defending the company not the end users of the Redwoods.

Because they aren't taking away from current owners, there's not much current owners can complain about BUT potential owners........that's another story.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #43

sure we can complain Dave - we were just told by the President that it was a marketing ploy, not a confidence warranty. That doesn't set well with me as an owner. I was also told by the President in the video there are so many loopholes in the warranty, that it most likely would never pay out. That doesn't give me any warm fuzzies about my Redwood or the people that sold it to me either.

Well the lawyer stuff was also told by the President - but that was probably just another marketing ploy...but the video is gone, which says something else as well.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
sure we can complain Dave - we were just told by the President that it was a marketing ploy, not a confidence warranty. That doesn't set well with me as an owner. I was also told by the President in the video there are so many loopholes in the warranty, that it most likely would never pay out. That doesn't give me any warm fuzzies about my Redwood or the people that sold it to me either.

Well the lawyer stuff was also told by the President - but that was probably just another marketing ploy...but the video is gone, which says something else as well.
Also proves who the ROG represents to, it was their video yet I bet RW ask them to pull it so they did.
Know this, this is the forum he said was a problem, the other is administered by the ROG and we now know where they stand .... Transferable 2 year warranty was a priority LMFAO!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #45

Ken said he's moving the video & adding more to the same place, so far not gone just moving!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Ken said he's moving the video & adding more to the same place, so far not gone just moving!
Sure hope that's the case. Everything they said is public info so would be nice to keep it up.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:46 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Thanks Yale ,
like stated earlier , I'm still on my honeymoon.. we will see.. I have learned to pass judgment only after first hand knowledge.. In MY mind all is good , that is until they prove to me its not...
BTW , how did you make out installing those Stable Loads ? Do you like them >?
Joe
We can attest to RW honoring the plus 5 as they replaced our pin box while we were here at the Rally. We were out of the standard 2 year warranty, yet RW took care of this without any delay. In fact it was fixed the day after being notified. We only had one claim during the regular 2 year term, and that was quickly taken care of as well. We are extremely happy with our level of service and communication with RW
scott&phyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:56 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott&phyllis View Post
We can attest to RW honoring the plus 5 as they replaced our pin box while we were here at the Rally. We were out of the standard 2 year warranty, yet RW took care of this without any delay. In fact it was fixed the day after being notified. We only had one claim during the regular 2 year term, and that was quickly taken care of as well. We are extremely happy with our level of service and communication with RW
While I have great hopes RW is doing good things and will work to care for customers, you really had the upper hand there. Do you really think they would say no in their back yard with all those Redwood owners around?
It's awesome you got your issue resolved and are happily heading down the road again.
May I ask what was the issue with the pin box, those things are pretty tough IMO.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:06 AM   #49

The rally is an opportunity for Redwood to present their best and I wish we could have gone. The vast majority of Redwood owners will never be able to attend the rally and these people must receive the same level of consideration as those that go to the rally in my opinion. Resources spent at the rally on fixing things gifts and everything else come out of the marketing budget. For the rest of us repairs to our coaches come out of a different budget and it is one that they try to keep as small as possible. That's the way it should be. But sometimes it is prohibitive and causes some friction. Very glad to see that Redwood is trying to work on a weakness that was developing. Very good news.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:07 AM   #50

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
We have to many chicken Littles on this forum running around telling everyone the sky is falling. Get a grip. Unless you have legitimate facts of what has actually happened to you there is no value of putting out speculation of what might happen. These are RV's and not masseratti's.Oh ps they break down to. If you have a legitimate complaint then post it. If you want to speculate on the what ifs sell your trailer and go somewhere else. I have dealt with many different manufactor over the years that as was brought up in the meeting with redwood that hit the delete button and will not give you the time of the day. Redwood is head and shoulders above these company's with their interaction .This and all of the forums were designed for people helping people with the common interest of getting into the outdoors. Let's leave all the B'S behind and enjoy ourselves. LIFE IS TO SHORT
Old 08-13-2015, 02:25 AM   #51

Shane; I understand your comment, but I will respectfully disagree. I do not feel like people are posting to many "what-ifs" There are some, to be sure, but we have made a multitude of fixes and improvements on our own to our coach because of the trials and hardships (and let's face it, DISASTERS) of others and prevented a warranty claim and/or something worse many times over. There have been many. This comes from others sharing what happened to them. We have found things "about to break" or clearly on the verge of failing, and PREVENTED it. This is a good thing.

I have been on this forum for a long time and I feel grateful to those who have shared their experiences. They have helped us immensely.

We have been involved with Redwood long enough to feel the tides of change at the company. As I have said before, there are good times, and not so good times, but as long as they are working to do the right thing, I will be right there to support them. That does not mean that I will not point out when they are falling below expectations. There has NEVER been an RV company EVER that did not have peaks AND valleys. How they conduct themselves in a "valley" is what makes or breaks them.

I also must respectfully disagree with your summation that this forum is designed to help people enjoy the outdoors, and it does do that often, I come to this forum for information and fellowship regarding my Redwood RV, and the details of enjoying it more and making our life in it more successful, and to help others do the same. I go to other forums for enjoying "camping" or the "outdoors". I think it is perfectly ok for people to discuss, IN DETAIL, issues, happiness, complaints and praise about their Redwood. This is the "Redwood RV Owner's Forum".

If there is a thread that particularly pushes the wrong buttons for me, it is very easy for me to not read it and focus on what interests me. It would not occur to me to tell people what to talk about or what not to talk about.

Please don't attack me :-) I enjoy your posts and will continue to do so. But when you express your opinion, you are, by default, inviting others to opine on it.
I really hope you can understand what I am saying, but if not, that's the way it goes I guess! As Christian says, JOURNEY ON!! :-)

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 AM   #52

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
For one thing people helping people is posting a problem they had with factual information and giving them the corrective action to fix it whether they, the dealer or redwood did it. If you have a problem with your rig address it to the people that can fix it and let the rest of is know. I AM IN NO WAY ATTACKING YOU AND IF YOU THINK I AM THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM. This forum has a whole bunch of great people trying to help each other. That's what these forums are for. When problems arise that we personally have then it is great to share with the group so we can possibly prevent the same thing happening to us.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
The rally is an opportunity for Redwood to present their best and I wish we could have gone. The vast majority of Redwood owners will never be able to attend the rally and these people must receive the same level of consideration as those that go to the rally in my opinion. Resources spent at the rally on fixing things gifts and everything else come out of the marketing budget. For the rest of us repairs to our coaches come out of a different budget and it is one that they try to keep as small as possible. That's the way it should be. But sometimes it is prohibitive and causes some friction. Very glad to see that Redwood is trying to work on a weakness that was developing. Very good news.
While the goodies and food would be budgeted as a marketing line item, in my 30 years as an accountant, repairs and warranty expenses would be charged to the appropriate line item. My marketing VP would not even think about letting those kind of items be charged against his budget! This was consistent at all 3 companies I worked for.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:59 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
While I have great hopes RW is doing good things and will work to care for customers, you really had the upper hand there. Do you really think they would say no in their back yard with all those Redwood owners around?
It's awesome you got your issue resolved and are happily heading down the road again.
May I ask what was the issue with the pin box, those things are pretty tough IMO.
We have the standard pin box and the thick rubber piece between the upper and lower portion of the pin box was about 1/3 of the way out. We think it might have started to work out about 30 miles before we got to the rally based on the way the 5th wheel was pulling.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:09 AM   #55

Haha! I agree Scott and Phyllis. I was speaking metaphorically, but I stand corrected. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:35 AM   #56

IMO, the biggest problem facing RW right now is a public relations one. We simply do not know how many people have had significant problems, but from what I have seen, the vast majority of owners, like ourselves, have been very pleased with not only their Redwoods, but with Redwood's customer service. We personally have had excellent, excellent customer service. Andy and Randy at customer service have been wonderful to deal with. And Troy and Nick, who sweated for hours working on our rig at the rally, were awesome. I even have to give high praise to Jim Lazzarino who, from everything that I've heard, goes to bat for the customers.

I believe Andy Cripe's intentions are good. I think he misspoke, badly, about the warranty issue at the rally, but I think this was due to his frustration at not wanting to see his company's reputation unfairly or unjustly damaged by the stories we read about on the forum.

What we are seeing are a few, very few relatively speaking, frustrated, unsatisfied owners. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch if not rebutted swiftly and properly. Censorship is not the answer. Adding injury to insult by saying the disgruntled owners aren't being truthful is not the answer. The answer is simple one: reply with factually-based commentary as to why you dispute what the owner was saying, or what you have done to address the situation. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:50 AM   #57

Well said Tracy
Old 08-13-2015, 04:29 AM   #58

I like some others was a little aggravated with our Redwood at first but we have worked through all the minor issues, Redwood and Jim Lazzarino have stepped up and taken great care of us.
All the issues have been taken care of by either our Dealer, Redwood or I have taken care the rest of the issues.
Some were items that were broken or not right and needed to be taken care of, some were just items I did not like how there were done so I made them better to satisfy myself.
We passed our 1st year anniversary date a little over a month ago and we have been enjoying our "Home on Wheels" and seeing the USA.
There will always be items that need to be looked after and maintained on our Home but in the end we are happy with our Redwood and the customer service provided by Redwood.
We are currently in Florida, NY and got another compliment on our Redwood shortly after arriving.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:35 AM   #59

Just for clarification - what posts represent a lie? None that I know of. Just because Redwood said they are all lies, just means they don't know enough to know they are true. and they may have learned a few new things today after RomanyLife's denial and Blue Dog's explanation to Andy direct.

And this ain't Love Boat - if you're looking for that, ignore the posts that offend you, but don't try to control the forum to suit yourself!
Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #60

Tracy and Shane, so happy for you that it's working out well, and you have those ahead of you to thank for that....
hopefully you won't find out the 'truths' some did.
Maybe it's very, Very few posting issues because:
1) Initially the people not having issues would dog-pile on the issue with "Mine's fine" and dismiss it.
2) After the settlements, non-disclosure agreements stop them from posting their 'truths' and that is what the mfg demands with any settlement.

How can you refute a charge if you are prevented from defending it?
I best stop now as I've lost enough time. money, vacations
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote