Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #1

Has anyone gone with the quartz options? Are they offered in different colors?
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #2

Picked our 36rl up earlier this month. Came with quartz countertops. We weren't aware they were an option, didn't special order them. Factory rep says they're standard now. I'm not aware of any choices as far a s color goes. What we have is a beige, gold, brown, cream sort of mix -- very pretty with our coastal trail decor -- seems like it would be equally attractive with either of the other 2 decor choices. Most people think it's granite. Stove and sink covers are quite heavy -- my factory rep says there are lighter weight plastic covers available, but I haven't had him send them yet -- I'm not sure what color they are, if they'll match the quartz, etc. They've also changed the flooring from seamless vinyl or whatever to tiles (Rep told me who makes them but was getting so much info during pdi I can't remember who it is says if one or 2 are damaaged, the damaged tile(s) can be removed and replaced instead of patching or replacing the whole floor). Look like real stone tiles -- seams are all but invisible. Also in our unit (don't know what they've done in other floorplans), the former bedroom 6 drawer, 4 cabinets + tv on top has been changed to 4 drawers, 2 cabinets + tv and full height "armoire" -- all shelves just room on top for dvd or blueray player or satellite box. Lost the "laundry chute" but way more storage!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #3

Congrats, would love to see a picture of the new layout in the bedroom. Nice to see Redwood updating and continuing to improve their product.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Flyer
Congrats, would love to see a picture of the new layout in the bedroom. Nice to see Redwood updating and continuing to improve their product.
X2
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #5

Love to see a picture too.

Is your bedroom door hinged on the bathroom wall or the laundry room wall? They were changing some over while we were touring the factory during the rally. You see both on the '13RLs. Guess it dependson what peoplerequested when ordering. Like anything else, some people love the new door position andsome people don't. I liked the look because the hallway looked more open and easier to use the washer and dryer. The downside is that the bedroom door is longer than the bathroom wall and it protrudesinto the bedroom more.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #6

Our friends with the slide in slide has the door hinged on the bathroom side wall, it makes it a little tough to walk into the bedroom around the bed. Would not work with a king bed in there, tight enough with the slide in slide and queen, in my opinion.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #7

I'm sure it does, but it's also tough to do a load of wash, unload into a basket, walk into the bedroom, close the bedroom door, open the other laundryroom door and load the dryer.Ugh.... It's a trade off. If you don't plan on ordering or install the W/D, you might like thestandard location better.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #8

Our RE arrived yesterday. The dealer asked us to stop by last night to take a look. We too were pleasantly surprised by the quartz countertops and the new bedroom dresser/armoire setup. We also have a second sink and vanity in the bedroom next to the dresser drawers that we were not expecting. Didn't notice the new flooring, but did notice new light fixtures over the kitchen island (they're okay).

Dealer will have it for another week to finish the PDI and to install the sattellite system, AGM batteries (4), power inverter (2000W), vent covers, solar panels (90W), inline surge protector and a strut on the entry door.

I'll be by the dealership this weekend and will take a few pictures of the bedroom setup to post here.

Cannot wait to get our hands on it and hit the road.
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #9

5th Time:

Our rl came through with the bedroom door hinged on the bathroom wall, opening into the bedroom. We spent a lot of time in rl's at various dealers trying to figure out which would be better (for the reasons mentioned above). Kept going back & forth about whether it would be better to have less room between the open door and the bed (queen)-- wouldn't work with a king -- or be inconvenienced when doing laundry. We figured closing up the bedroom walkway every day, often several times a day, would be more annoying than dealing with the laundry a couple of times a week.We didn't specify (expected it to be hinged on the w/d wall between the doors and our unit came through with the door hinged to the bathroom wall. Factory rep told us this is standard on the '13's. Too many complaints about doing laundry with the door hinged on the w/d side. It worked out fine when we were staying in it and bringing it home (almost 2 weeks) -- it worked out for the best. We do cut through the bathroom a lot when getting to the dresser and closet, especially when carrying something, for more room.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #10

I think that is a mid-year change. There are many photos of '13RLs on dealer sites. Most of them have door on W/D wall. You lucked out.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #11

We have the door on the W/D wall and just empty the washer into a basket and push it over to the dryer... bit of a PITA but it is what it is.

Our second AC controller mounted on the bathroom wall just inside the bedroom is wearing a really nice spot in my bedroom door while travelling. Dealer is hopefully going to fix that next week when it goes in for 10-12 fixes.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Tammy
Our RE arrived yesterday. The dealer asked us to stop by last night to take a look. We too were pleasantly surprised by the quartz countertops and the new bedroom dresser/armoire setup. We also have a second sink and vanity in the bedroom next to the dresser drawers that we were not expecting. Didn't notice the new flooring, but did notice new light fixtures over the kitchen island (they're okay).

Dealer will have it for another week to finish the PDI and to install the sattellite system, AGM batteries (4), power inverter (2000W), vent covers, solar panels (90W), inline surge protector and a strut on the entry door.

I'll be by the dealership this weekend and will take a few pictures of the bedroom setup to post here.

Cannot wait to get our hands on it and hit the road.

What amp/hour AGM batts and how many 90 watt panels.

Lillyputz
Old 10-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #13

I believe they are 220 amp/hour.

Only installing one 90W solar panel for now. Dealer said I could add up to two more if necessary.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #14

Quote:
I believe they are 220 amp/hour.

Only installing one 90W solar panel for now. Dealer said I could add up to two more if necessary.

Sounds like (4) 6 volt batts. that would give you 440 amp/hours. one 90 watt panel will noteven come close to charging your batts, I think you will have to have at least four panels.

I would check with someone like Wholesale solar (1-800-472-1142). you might be making a mistake with that small of a system. I'm puting in (6) 6 volts at 232 amp/hours each. that gives me a total of 696 a/hs. I need approx. 4 panels at 140 watts each for a total of 560 watts to keep the batts up, if I don't go below 30 to 40 percent discharge. Thiswould change according to the weather.

Lillyputz
Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #15

Lillyputz,

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to share this with my dealer today.

Incidentally, are placing all 6 batteries in your battery compartment? I originally planned on 6, but my dealer said the compartment would only accommodate 4.

Thanks again
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #16

There's enough height to build a removable battery rack to stack them on the right side. Also, if you didn't order the Onan, you have that whole compartment on the left.

One issueis how much "real estate" there is up there for the large panels.Second issueis how to get the cables back to the monitor panel closet for thecharging monitor/regulator paneland then back to the battery compartment. It challenging...

Old 10-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #17

I have the generator. This is why I've agreed to start with just one panel. I really only need the batteries for the early a.m. and evening. For the most part, I intend to use the generator to recharge the batteries.

I've insisted that the monitor/controller for my solar panel and inverter be placed in the panel closet. Had to pay a little extra for the labor involved, but it beats having them installed in the lower compartment.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Lillyputz,

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to share this with my dealer today.

Incidentally, are placing all 6 batteries in your battery compartment? I originally planned on 6, but my dealer said the compartment would only accommodate 4.

Thanks again
The batts, I'm going with are Interstate, 6 volt, 232 a/h. they messure 10 1/4in. long x 7 1/8in. wide and 11 3/16in. high. We have the generator option. There is enough room, plus room for the hydraulic hoses and wiring. They will be here tomorrow. The panels messure 59in.x26 1/4in. each. The batt cables should be #2 and all the same length

Lillyputz
Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #19

I had them put two groups 29 interstate batteries in mine there 210 Amp hour I think
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #20

If not too much trouble I would really like to see a picture of the new 36RL bedroom wall layout. I think I would gladly give up the laundry chute for the extra storage. I would like to know if this will be included on our unit going into production in January.

Thanks for sharing.