Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #21

Once again I agree with johnboytoo. Speaking of which why was the other forum created. I must have missed that.
pipeliner798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo
I really don't ....

It ASSUMES, we can't be truthful about our experience and must dictate what we should think and say....

hmmm, like some out of control gooberments

If redwood doesn't want negatives, then don't build IN negatives

I would normally agree with you 100%. Honestly, I don't think that anyone involved with this forum or even the other forum is going to fault, or black list anyone for saying something negative of having a bad experience with the Redwood company, dealer, or their coach that they have purchased.

I believe where the problem rises is when someone is repeating the same negative thing time, after time, after time. When someone else states an issue that same person comes out with a negative one liner. Again, time, after time, after time.

Other Redwood owners on the forum have offered to help these people that are upset with Redwood to get in touch with key people that would be able to help their situation.

Usually, someone that's upset with their coach will express their displeasure in a negative tone because they're upset. Most reasonable people will take some advise from the participants of the forum and try to get the negative problems resolved.

Unreasonable people will continue clammering and will not try to move forward to get things resolved. These are the people that the forum moderators are talking about.

An example: Read "Lillyputz" posts. He no longer owns a Redwood.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
I really don't ....

It ASSUMES, we can't be truthful about our experience and must dictate what we should think and say....

I would normally agree with you 100%. Honestly, I don't think that anyone involved with this forum or even the other forum is going to fault, or black list anyone for saying something negative of having a bad experience with the Redwood company, dealer, or their coach that they have purchased.

I believe where the problem rises is when someone is repeating the same negative thing time, after time, after time. When someone else states an issue that same person comes out with a negative one liner. Again, time, after time, after time.

Other Redwood owners on the forum have offered to help these people that are upset with Redwood to get in touch with key people that would be able to help their situation.

Usually, someone that's upset with their coach will express their displeasure in a negative tone because they're upset. Most reasonable people will take some advise from the participants of the forum and try to get the negative problems resolved.

Unreasonable people will continue clammering and will not try to move forward to get things resolved. These are the people that the forum moderators are talking about.

I agree with you Dave!!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #24

I can agree to that, and I am gonna apologize to the group for doing that, however I do feel that anyone of the members that had the problems I had in the first week plus when I carried it in them saying you are lucky you didn't burn down in your sleep. combined with finding out it would be 60 days to correct everything would be highly upset too. But yes I did get everything fixed (I hope) and it will be here tomorrow, without the 60 day wait. If so redwood and I will have a clean slate and start again. once again my apologies.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #25

Totally agree with you Dave! Nothing wrong with complaints or displeasure - not a perfect world, but the continuous derogatory slams at every opportunity by those that are unhappy get annoying and are not value added to any solution. These folks aren't looking for solutions, they are looking for revenge.

Mention "Redwood" in any topic in RV.net, and lillyputz will be right there with little one liners that slam Redwood.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #26

OK , this is not a rant then its stating facts. it just arrived and jacks still wont come down, water pooling in living room floor, central vac won't suck up a leaf still, and propane valve was on so tight two grown men couldn't get it open, once we did its broke and won't turn off. They did not return our extra set of keys we sent. driver said there wasn't any with it when he picked it up, for some reason the keyless entry dont work . The led awning light was also left on and both batteries were dead when arrived. just stating the facts here, shouldn't be anything wrong with that right?
Old 09-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeliner798
OK , this is not a rant then its stating facts. it just arrived and jacks still wont come down, water pooling in living room floor, central vac won't suck up a leaf still, and propane valve was on so tight two grown men couldn't get it open, once we did its broke and won't turn off. They did not return our extra set of keys we sent. driver said there wasn't any with it when he picked it up, for some reason the keyless entry dont work . The led awning light was also left on and both batteries were dead when arrived. just stating the facts here, shouldn't be anything wrong with that right?
Whoever supposedly fixed your unit should be getting a phone call Monday. Did it go to the service center or a dealer?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
I really don't ....

X3
Old 09-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #29

it went to the factory. I am trying to be constructive here. why would the valve been on that tight? The other is that tight also so after the other broke I didn't mess with it that way wherever it goes they can see how tight they were. where would water I'm floor come from? I am sure if keys arent located that will be big issue. The front and back jacks touch but middle ones still few inches off ground. This is not a rant I am honestly asking what y'all feel are causes here. I honestly just want to enjoy this thing.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #30

That sounds suspicious. It's not like they don't know how to fix these things. Plus, they wouldn't pay shipping both ways to accomplish nothing. I'd verify it actually went back to the service center.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
That sounds suspicious. It's not like they don't know how to fix these things. Plus, they wouldn't pay shipping both ways to accomplish nothing. I'd verify it actually went back to the service center.

I agree with you Mike. Like I had said earlier, I'd be ringing someones phone and getting some answers. Every time I've worked with the service center, they really out did themselves and I've never heard anybody else getting less than satisfaction from them.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #32

There was a 2ft hole in the floor where the kitchen slides trim around the fridge drove into the lineoium. It was fixed so it had to be worked on. I had a list of things like 15 tapped to the island so they knew what to fix plus it was emailed. They actually fixed the shower door without us asking. They installed a way to shut it from the inside. all we could do was keep pushing on glass to get it shut.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #33

They said vaccum quit working due to internal hose coming undone, but still won't suck up small leaf. I just don't understand. sorry again if sounds like rant not intended. I have been in contact with my salesman today, emailed Ron and dan . now we wait and see.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #34

Pipeliner798,

Did you personally deliver your coach to the Redwood Service Center? Or, is this being taken care of by your dealer that sold you the coach.

What is the manufacture date and model of your coach? Did you get a painted coach? I'm just curious.

Dave from Maine
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #35

no, redwood got it all together. The dispatch called us with a time and came and got it, and was delivered in same fashion. Its a 31sl manufacture date about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Those are pretty specific questions, what do you really have on your mind there? Is there something I should know?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #36

feel free to pm me if you like
Old 09-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeliner798
no, redwood got it all together. The dispatch called us with a time and came and got it, and was delivered in same fashion. Its a 31sl manufacture date about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Those are pretty specific questions, what do you really have on your mind there? Is there something I should know?
Just curious how it was handled for future reference. Didn't know whether you had taken the unit yourself or, as you have mentioned in this post, through a dispatch.

I'm curious about a specific time of manufacturing due to your having a host of issues with your coach. I am trying to determine if issues are more apparent during a certain time of the year or at random.

I am using your information and others as statistical data.

Dave from Maine

Old 09-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #38

it is painted, also the carbon dioxide and propane monitor was left unkooked. easy fix I know
Old 09-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #39

did I miss something?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #40

Water in the kitchen was most likely fom transport in the rain. They may have fixed the floor but something is still messed up at the lower seal in the wheel well.Just by best guess from afar.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote