Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #1

Persistence Pays Off for our 38RL

So, we first have to thank Todd & Theresa and Chuck & Ruth for recommending we call the factory ourselves! Come to find out our Redwood order was never even placed until our first follow-up call with our sales rep, which was almost 6 weeks after the paperwork was completed and the deposit cleared. We're thankful to have found the Redwood Forum a couple weeks ago or we may still have been in the dark. Sadly, our sales rep has not even apologized or offered any compensation. Luckily things seem to be working out despite this delay. Since we're located in CT, will be picking up our new Ram truck in GA and hooking up with family in TN and FL, coordinating flights and schedules was a bit of a challenge. We're very appreciative to Hilton Riggins at the Redwood factory who helped accelerate the process and scheduled our unit at the head of the line for paint in order to get us our 38RL before the factory closes for two weeks over Fourth of July. If all goes well now, we expect to be Redwood owners by 7/7. Now we just have to sell our S&B so we can hit the full-time road.
Full-timers as of 10 a.m. Sept. 15th
Currently living in CT soon to be residence of FL
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #2

Good luck with a speedy deliver and enjoy on receipt

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #3

Rhonda & Craig,

So glad to be of assistance, that's the beauty of this forum and mores the Redwood community.

It's funny how things work out for the best, you're right about Hilton, he is wonderful and always goes beyond to try to remedy any problems, so glad we have him as part of the Redwood team!!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #4
Traveling

Oh my gosh! That's a terrible delay on your order being placed! SO glad that things are working out. I am still "sore" from being so anxious for ours to get here, and IT WAS SO WORTH IT! It's wonderful!!! I can't believe how much we love this coach. There have been many little "things" we have had to tweak or fix, but like I said, nothing major. SOON you will be thinking the same thing: "We love our new RW!" I hope it flies by!!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:20 AM   #5

Thanks for the encouragement, Todd & Theresa! I'm sure we'll be picking up our unit before we know it. We booked flights to TN for 6/28 and have scheduled my parents to pick us up there so we can spend a few days with them. Then they'll drive us to GA to get the truck and we'll part ways. We'll drive the truck to FL to see Craig's brother and sister-in-law for a couple days. Then finally up to Lazy Days to get the RW on 7/7. Kids will watch the S&B and the plants, and Craig's mom will watch the two furry "kids", so the schedules are set. Also, since we have the exact same units, can you tell us if you have mud flaps on the Ram? And have you looked into an auxiliary tank for the truck at all? We read about your "problem" with your B&W hitch. We plan to get a TrailAir pin box and wondered if you've heard anything about these or what the best hitch is?
Full-timers as of 10 a.m. Sept. 15th
Currently living in CT soon to be residence of FL
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:25 AM   #6

Our 38GK is going into production June 19th. I hope is is over at the paint shop when the plant is closed for 2 weeks. Good luck all!!!!
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
38rl, chuck & ruth, hilton riggins, todd & theresa