Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #1

PDI Help SLC

Hi Folks

We are expecting delivery of our new 39MB sometime in late November and am hoping to find someone who may help with the PDI. It will be delivered to Salt Lake City and then I will take it back to Vegas. I know not a lot of people passing that far north that time of year, but maybe by chance someone actually lives there.

This is our first RV and just thought maybe I could use some help on learning curve, if possible. By that time I will have read all I can on the "oohleys" that are common and any systems info from this board, but always better to have some experience if you can. I am a maintenance guy so I am used to using checklists and standards on systems and equipment inspections, just need to know what those items are.

If you can help or know someone locally that I can get in touch with I would be very appreciative.

Ron (Xena & Mona's Dad)
JahRomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #2

I too will be taking delivery of a 38GK in October. I know I have seen a PDI Checklist posted on this forum in the past, but cannot find it now via Search. This would help out both Ron and myself. I have made note of some of the common problems Redwood owners have encountered, such as the plumbing connections under the bed, factory (crap) batteries, AC unit seals, Water feed to Fridge, etc. Anything else of a common problem??
I have followed this forum for the past 3 years and learned so much. I am excited that I finally will have the RW of our dreams, and can be more of a contributor in the future.
Ken
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #3

This the one a lot of us use.

Doug's RV Checklist Page
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:17 PM   #4

Lloyd....Thanks for that link. This is excellent! Exactly what I was looking for. With this I am sure I can do a fairly good inspection.

Still willing to have a seasoned hand along for the day if any is interested and in the area. I will most likely camp in SLC that night anyway, so you could probably con a good dinner and bottle of wine (or rum) out of me.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:28 PM   #5

Ron, We own a 39MB and purchased in SLC at the dealer. I work 10 minutes from there. I would be more than willing to help you out.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:30 AM   #6

Bob....now that's what I call some good luck. I know we used the same dealer since that is the only one. I will contact you later on a PM and we can start sorting this out.

Only one question for you though.... exactly how Psycho is PsychoBob?
Old 09-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #7

HAHA!!! My kids gave me the nickname because of all the crazy stunts I done when they were growing up. I assure you I'm as normal as the rest of the world. LOL!

Just send me a PM when your ready and we'll make a plan. You'll love your new RW.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBob65 View Post
I assure you I'm as normal as the rest of the world. LOL!
Now I am really worried. LOL I sent a PM
Old 09-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #9

OH MY --- Normal as the rest of the world. Good Luck with your PDI. Keep both hands on the wheel. You are going to love that new RW.