Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2021, 06:31 PM   #1

Newer vs Older Interior Wood ...real cherry?

We're looking at the Redwood coaches and want to make a purchase soon. As we are seeing more, I am seeing the newer coaches with a dark, reddish stain with high gloss on the wood work. Some of the older coaches seem to have the true Cherry wood finish. The high gloss doesn't look to me like Cherry wood.

Did Redwood discontinue the Cherry interiors?

We're looking for a nice coach, around 2013 to ?? ...I really prefer the true Cherry wood.
KevInCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:43 PM   #2

We've seen some of the new "High Gloss" Finish and it didn't even look like real wood to us.
If you're looking at used, I wouldn't go much newer than a 2016 which is what we have, personally think they went down hill shortly after that, others will disagree.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:28 AM   #3
Site Team

We would agree with Michelle. Love our 2013 36RL. Solid cherry everywhere and tons of storage.
I would look for a nice 2013-2016 with upgrades like MorRyde IS, disc brakes, etc.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevInCT View Post
We're looking at the Redwood coaches and want to make a purchase soon. As we are seeing more, I am seeing the newer coaches with a dark, reddish stain with high gloss on the wood work. Some of the older coaches seem to have the true Cherry wood finish. The high gloss doesn't look to me like Cherry wood.

We're looking for a nice coach, around 2013 to ?? ...I really prefer the true Cherry wood.

KevInCT,

I have a 2012 Redwood Model 36RL which we ordered from the Redwood Factory and took delivery in September 2011. We are planning to sell and if you are interested, send me a PM with your email and I can send pictures and more detailed information.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
KevInCT,

I have a 2012 Redwood Model 36RL which we ordered from the Redwood Factory and took delivery in September 2011. We are planning to sell and if you are interested, send me a PM with your email and I can send pictures and more detailed information.

Guy
Oh NO Guy! You two quitting the rv thing?
We sold our RW 2 years ago when we bought a modular home in a rv resort between Tucson & Phoenix, so still living the lifestyle just not mobile. Still undecided about getting another smaller rv for short summer travels when it's to hot here.
Whatever you're plans are we wish you the best!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevInCT View Post

My 2019 3901 WB is solid Walnut on all of the cabinets
EarlA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
We've seen some of the new "High Gloss" Finish and it didn't even look like real wood to us.
If you're looking at used, I wouldn't go much newer than a 2016 which is what we have, personally think they went down hill shortly after that, others will disagree.

I disagree. Anything newer than 2014, not 2016.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Oh NO Guy! You two quitting the rv thing?
We sold our RW 2 years ago when we bought a modular home in a rv resort between Tucson & Phoenix, so still living the lifestyle just not mobile. Still undecided about getting another smaller rv for short summer travels when it's to hot here.
Whatever you're plans are we wish you the best!

Danny,
Yes unfortunately we are hanging up the RV thing. We have had a great run for 10 years with our Redwood. When I bought the Redwood, I said I would tow until I was about age 78 and I just turned 79. We had some very good times traveling from Indiana to Florida 6 out of the last 8 years, Colorado in 2013 and Washington State in 2014.

We had no serious problems during those years until last fall when a spring bundle broke on the way to Florida. I have replaced the suspension system with the Roadmaster Comfort Ride Slipper Spring System which is a significant improvement.

My wife and I decided this past winter late that it is just getting too crowded in Florida and the traffic at times is insane. So, we just decided to sell the Redwood. So, if anyone is interested in a well taken care of 2012 Redwood 36RL, send me a PM with your email and I can send you information and pictures.

Danny, I always hoped we would get out Arizona with the Redwood and stop in where you are located. I have been past your location 3 or 4 times back in the years when I was still working but not since about 2010. Hope you and Linda are doing well.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #9

KevInCT

We have a 2017 Redwood 5th wheel we're considering selling for something smaller. We love to disperse camp and stay in state and national parks. Our 41' is really more than we need. I wanted to mention that unless you are completely sold on the cherry color, we opted for their lighter colored woodwork...and yes, it's solid wood and beautiful. We felt a little claustrophobic in the dark interior. If you would be interested in learning more about it, please private message us. We haven't had any trouble with it other than replacing a water heater, and recently we had to replace the brake calipers and rotors. All other things have been small (and usually operator error). :-) We've been happy with the quality.
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote