Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #1

New Models

I had to go by the dealer and pick up a part That came in for our RW this weekend. They had one of each model out front that they were getting dressed up for a RV show this coming weekend. So we walked through all the models. I liked some of the things but for the most part nothing that would make me want to change. Its funny not one had disk brakes or 17.5" wheels it seems like no one listens to what PPL want. None of them had the third AC or Dual heat pumps. Lots of LED Lights on counters not that I care for that. I did like the new awning covers. The new steps hurt when walking up them in sock feet but I did like that the carpet was gone.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
I had to go by the dealer and pick up a part That came in for our RW this weekend. They had one of each model out front that they were getting dressed up for a RV show this coming weekend. So we walked through all the models. I liked some of the things but for the most part nothing that would make me want to change. Its funny not one had disk brakes or 17.5" wheels it seems like no one listens to what PPL want. None of them had the third AC or Dual heat pumps. Lots of LED Lights on counters not that I care for that. I did like the new awning covers. The new steps hurt when walking up them in sock feet but I did like that the carpet was gone.
That's the difference between the New buyer and the OLD buyers. The new buyers are looking at the glitter and flash. They have dreams of independence while they travel freely through the country side without the worries of the boss or the stick and brick homes. Unfortunately these folks can end up with a surprise and many times "buyers remorse".

The Old buyer looks under and around the coach for maintenance issues and although they have fantasies of traveling freely through the country side, they're also aware of the probable issues. Although they're happy with their purchase, they also hold their breath when leaving the dealership with their new RV, fearful of the potential issues.

Both of these buyers spend hard earned money to follow a dream of freedom and adventure. Unfortunately I believe the RV companies must find it easier to cater to the New Buyer because they keep building more glitz and glitter into their units instead of strength and reliability. The same problems occur year after year while the glitz and glitter keeps getting brighter.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:42 PM   #3

Dave
Well said. Just sucks that if you want all the right stuff you have to order it or put it on later. I would rather have it right the first time.

I think in a few years when we finally are able to be completely free of work I will probably go back to Class A pusher. But until then we are happy with the RW and it works for us. I am praying that it holds up to our use so far I am not overly impressed but its only been one year.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #4
Site Team

To be clear....I'm not just bashing Redwood. I'm a critic of all the RV companies that seem to follow the same game plan.

For the record I'm still thrilled with my current purchase but I'm always looking at RVs as a hobby.

I watch people at the RV shows and wish I could sit some of them down and ask...."are you sure sure you're looking at the right things? " There's so much to consider when purchasing an RV and much of it is below the skin. I do enjoy watching the excitement and dreams on the people's faces while they tour the RVs. I particularly enjoy watching young families with children in tow.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #5

Actually I find the Dealer inventory units only get the glitz, because it keeps the price down showing they have the edge over other Dealers.

The guy off the street sees a Redwood on Lot A for $80K and one on Lot B for $110K, he doesn't take the time to learn one has 8K axles or disk brakes or better tires, he just sees what he can see and goes for the cheaper one thinking the Dealer is giving a better deal.

I don't think I would buy an inventory unit unless I really felt confident I know what it had compared to what the company offered.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Actually I find the Dealer inventory units only get the glitz, because it keeps the price down showing they have the edge over other Dealers.

The guy off the street sees a Redwood on Lot A for $80K and one on Lot B for $110K, he doesn't take the time to learn one has 8K axles or disk brakes or better tires, he just sees what he can see and goes for the cheaper one thinking the Dealer is giving a better deal.

I don't think I would buy an inventory unit unless I really felt confident I know what it had compared to what the company offered.
Brad,

That is the exact reason. No one wants to be the dealer with a "non-competitive price" and having to sit on the higher priced unit when compared to the ones down the street. You can not see the axle, brake, tire option unless you look deeper. Unfortunately, I am sure that there are several under built and overweight units on the road.

I am happy that we did all of the research and special order our unit even though it will take a couple of months.

Larry
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:23 AM   #7

Special order will be the way we go on the next RV. It will be our total retire unit and will want it exactly the way we want it.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #8
Site Team

mine is the way I wanted it because Entegra really doesn't offer many options. But it did have some "rot lot" and for this reason I guess I should have ordered a new one.