Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #1

New 38rl

Stopped to get parts, and talked the wife into looking at the 38RL with King -

Hats off to Redwood - what a nice looking coach. Had the King slide in a slide and holy buckets, there is enough room for a crib in there! The double Armoire's, drawers in the bathroom, buffet table, even the residential fridge with side pantry! The wife decided she could forgive Redwood for shortening the counter with the Residential Fridge given the additional space in the buffet table.

I could even get over the loss of the wood paneling around the bathroom....Entry door still irritating the way it barely moves, but I could be talked into a new one.

Give them guys a thumbs up at the Rally!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:21 AM   #2

Brad,
The 38gk grabbed us the same way.....go for it! As my buddy's license plate reads "ZEROLFT". I'm doing my personal best to live his dream...and mine too!
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:20 AM   #3
Traveling

I know I know! It's sweeeeeeet!!!!!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Stopped to get parts, and talked the wife into looking at the 38RL with King -

Hats off to Redwood - what a nice looking coach. Had the King slide in a slide and holy buckets, there is enough room for a crib in there! The double Armoire's, drawers in the bathroom, buffet table, even the residential fridge with side pantry! The wife decided she could forgive Redwood for shortening the counter with the Residential Fridge given the additional space in the buffet table.

I could even get over the loss of the wood paneling around the bathroom....Entry door still irritating the way it barely moves, but I could be talked into a new one.

Give them guys a thumbs up at the Rally!
Will do Brad - we're off to the factory tour in a couple of hours. Met with the President & GM yesterday for a Q & A.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Bub

Hello All,
Long time reader but I've never posted. My wife and I just picked up our 2015 38RL this past week. The dealer had kept it to repair items found during the walk through. They kept it for 2 months!! The entry door was one of the items needing repaired. Still not fixed correctly!! We love the unit but the experience with the dealer has sure dampened our spirits. I'm planning on contacting Crossroads next week. Thanks to all for the very useful information I've gathered here over the past few months.
Bub
Bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #6

Sorry to hear Bub! There is a huge gap between the level of service at the Dealers, and the level of service from Crossroads unfortunately, and Dealer service is far from consistent between dealers, good or bad.

My perception is just pure lack of communication between Crossroads and the Dealers, and lack of understanding of the Redwood line on the Dealers part.

The entry and cabinet door changed last year - Kinro vs somebody else. Hinges broke on one of my cabinet doors because the struts replaced under warranty were too strong for the older style hinge. Stopped in the Dealer yesterday to get the new hinges and door, and of course they are for the new model, not the old like mine. The Dealer is trying hard, but I don't think they are getting the feedback they need from Crossroads. A simple serial number should bring up all the build parts for my rig, without having to use the trial and error game. I wasn't there to hear how the Dealer communicated with Crossroads to get the parts, but there has to be an easier way. I really think this is part of the reason these things sit on the service lot for weeks at a time.

Ah, the woes of a young company, especially a young RV company.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #7

Hi Bub, Welcome to the Redwood Family and the forum.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum. As you have noticed you get all sorts of opinions, and some really great ideas of how to solve your own problems. But most of there are some really great campers on here who only want to make YOUR camping experience better.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #9

Hi bud welcome, your not alone on the entry door thing I've read it alot on here.I have a new 36fl with two doors spent a few hours adjusting two doors, good luck
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote