Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
gus

Try windish rv in lakewood co. got mine with the paint for under 70
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #22

We're in the shopping stage. Was that the price with a trade-in is that just the cost of the RW?

Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #23

I would call Lazy Days in Tucson, AZ. They gave me a great deal!! 520-741-2219
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #24

I also bought my 201336RL from Windish Rv in Colorado. It came with full body paint and many other options. I paid $68,500.00, there was no trade in. I highly recommend Windish because of their great customer service and low price. I traveled from Utah to get the deal because my local dealer would not even come close.
Sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #25

Bought ours (2013 36 RL ordered out) at Quietwoods in Door County. Very straight forward discount applied to final MSRP including all chosen options. A very nice allowance for our 2011 Northtrail 28 RLS was provided.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
gus

No trade, one low price. Mine was delivered to my home for a faie price, but had no walk through with anyone. Noticed there was a dump valve labeled galley water. Now on a boat that would refer to fresh water.after a few days i ran a load of dishes in the dishwasher. Woke up to water all over kitchen floor and a pressured gray tank that the dishwasher was trying to pump into.my point is i sure wish i could have had a walk through with someone because that generic manual they give you does not tell you anything.but all the little things aside this I'd the nicest trailer i have owned and wouldn't trade for the world.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #27

Gus, we have a 36FL with a dishwasher and it is prepped for a washer and dryer (we do not have a washer/dryer installed). You have 2 grey tanks, on our coach the gray water from the kitchen and bath flow into one grey tank and the other is strictly for the washer and dryer. It is useless unless you have the washer/dryer installed. I am going to re-plumb so the bath water flows into one grey tank and the kitchen flows into another. I have the plumbing schematic if you would want a copy, send your email address to coljdm60@gmail.com

John
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Gus, we have a 36FL with a dishwasher and it is prepped for a washer and dryer (we do not have a washer/dryer installed). You have 2 grey tanks, on our coach the gray water from the kitchen and bath flow into one grey tank and the other is strictly for the washer and dryer. It is useless unless you have the washer/dryer installed. I am going to re-plumb so the bath water flows into one grey tank and the kitchen flows into another. I have the plumbing schematic if you would want a copy, send your email address to coljdm60@gmail.com

John

John - we have the identical coach and I am interested in making the same changes. I'll also send you a note.

Andy

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #29

You may want to check out the posts on thisforum topicto save some time.

<H1>"Gray water and the 36 FL"</H1>

There is a simple way to tie the two tanks together. There are pictures there that will show the process.Also, replumbing could void your warranty.

Here's a link: http://forums.redwood-rv.com/forum_p...the-36-fl#3314Edited by: Grandpa
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #30

I am having a redwood dealer service center replumb the pipes so I do not have a warranty issue. Redwood should look at this process as it is really stupid to carry a grey tank that does nothing, Redwood should consider the plumbing for a dishwasher the same as for a washer and dryer, in any event, why have 2 grey tanks and only use one? I understand the washer/dryer process but you only use a washer dryer on a weekly basis or at best a couple of times a week so why preclude use of the grey tanks the remainder of the time? In my humble opinion, it is a poor design and should be changed (we should be given an option at time of purchase). Just my opinion.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #31
Site Team

Yep...and the "FL" model is the only one plumbed like that.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #32
gus

My email is locked70@aol.com, would you have any idea why my fresh water tank siphons off to 2/3 after i fill it?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus
My email is locked70@aol.com, would you have any idea why my fresh water tank siphons off to 2/3 after i fill it?
There's a easy fix that your dealer can do. The factory is aware of the problem and all of the new trailers are fixed before they leave the factory. You can also put a "pex" shut off on that line and close it after the tank is filled and it starts siphoning.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #34

We drove from CO to Boise, Idaho to purchase a 2012 36FL because Windish wouldn't take a trade on a $70,000 price and told us no dealer would. Their MSRP was $106,000. Dennis Dillon RV in Boise had the $116,000 MSRP priced at $69,900 AND gave us a fair price for our trade. We have all of the bells and whistles including full body paint. I LOVE the dishwasher!!!
marandjwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #35

I fixed the gray tank issue on my 36 FL by adding a gate valve on the discharge tube. When I don't have full hookups I close the new valve and open both of the factory gray valves. This allows the gray tanks to equalize and does not void your warranty. I asked and have an email from Brian stating so.

The parts are all Valterra:
T1003vp - 3" valve
T1005 - Slip Hub- 2 of these.
and some PVC primer/cement

The easiest and quickest way to go is to gate a Valterra T58 Twist on gate valve. You can use it only when needed.

The new gate valve is also nice to have should one of the cables on the other valves break or malfunction..
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #36

Steve, thanks. I wil buy the new gate valve and install. I guess it is a matter of principle with me, the damn thing should have been plumbed to maximize use of the advertised grey capacity. it just perturbs me (I really cleaned that one up). Did you ever have any leaks when using the gate valve equalizing method? Hope to see you both at the Rally in July. Take Care and thanks again
John
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #37

John, I have the same system onourl FL and it works great, no leaks at all. Cost was about 25 dollars I think. Very easy to add valve anll you do is slide the cover off the connection and add the valve then slide the cover pipe back on. Works great and not noticable at all. Good luck. Bud
Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #38
Site Team

After Steve originally posted this last summer I put the same setup on my RL. The grey water tank for the kitchen got very little use until I added this. Now my wife and I can camp for 5 days without worrying about the gray tank.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #39

We,ve had one from the get go. I like the emergency aspect of the valve. If you have a problem you can resume normal camping until you can fix the issue. I for one don't like the chunk o honey shower.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #40

I'm gonna add one to mine. I like that idea.5 days ?! Not mine , between my wife and daughter one is pushing it lol
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote