Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #21

Also, remember the Redwood product is still fairly young and still evolving, at least they are listening to the consumer and monitoring the marketplace and adjusting accordingly .
That is how you stay in business !!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:28 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
A lot of inexperienced rvers get on these forums and take everything for gospel. I have 7k axles under mine and have no problems. I have upgraded things that more than likely do not need it but I have always run things heavier than needed. I will eventually upgrade the axles to 8k as I am running close to 7k now on each one. All of the tires, Springs, axles have safety factors built in to them so running at max load you still have a buffer. As stated above lippert, dexter are supplying thousands of products to the RV industry and the amount of negatives are very low compared to what's on the road. When a company as large as some of these are you will be guaranteed to have some failures along the line. How they handle these is another story. I have had issues with this trailer just like the other 15 I have owned. Redwood has done me well with the items that I needed assistance with. I would consider them for a new purchase.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:35 AM   #23

This site is a definite plus for choosing the Redwood. Think of the years and miles represented by this site. For myself, I have updated the complete under carriage but before the upgrades I had no failures. I upgraded over an abundance of caution, and I am pretty hard on my equipment.

I would choose Redwood again.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
This site is a definite plus for choosing the Redwood. Think of the years and miles represented by this site. For myself, I have updated the complete under carriage but before the upgrades I had no failures. I upgraded over an abundance of caution, and I am pretty hard on my equipment.

I would choose Redwood again.
Same here, never had any undercarriage failures, just upgraded to ensure I had the best possible suspension, ride and brakes.

I did fail a pin box, but the pin box I failed was used on many high end 5th Wheels over the years including DRVs
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:26 AM   #25
Site Team

If you take anything from this forum or others, is that these wonderful things that afford us all the freedom of sleeping in different states each day also require constant maintenance. This is true regardless of the amount of money you spend. Much of this maintenance is preventative so it seems redundant but it's very necessary. Also it takes a watchful eye while traveling. Always be looking for the small stuff like wetness on the inside of the tires (oil or grease seal is bad) .

The frustration that most people share is when something does break and we see where the manufacturer could have prevented the problem for an extra $5 or a few extra minutes in the manufacturing process. The MOST important thing to consider when buying an RV isn't trying to find one that doesn't break because they all break. But rather, the company that stand behind them when they do break. Not all companies do this consistently.

Happy Trails & Enjoy Life. .....it's an adventure