Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #41
Traveling

Hi Rhonda; Ours took about 12 weeks so you should be close. NOTE! I strongly recommend you call the factory and check on it. I am certain that had I not called and told them we were desperate to get our coach, it would STILL be sitting in Indiana! There is a huge shortage of drivers for the rv's in Indiana. Many coaches (last I read about 25K) are sitting in lots waiting to be delivered. Mine was put out for delivery right away after I called. Redwood was great about helping me. I would call!!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #42

Thanks for your prompt response! We have had our salesperson call the factory twice and are awaiting the response of call number 3. Our Redwood was supposed to be in paint on Friday so we'll see what they say tomorrow or Monday. By the way, since you seem to have the same spectacular taste as my husband and I, can I ask what type of trailer hitch you purchased?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #43

Rhonda,

As Todd emphasised, call the Redwood factory (855) 226-7496, and ASK about your coach, where it is in production. We ordered ours in November 2012 and received it in March 2013, it took about 15-16 weeks. At the time we were waiting there were long delays in paint and delivery, I know ours sat in the delivery lot for several weeks waiting to be picked up by a driver. Once the coach is picked up the process will speed up quickly, when delivered to your dealer you SHOULD be notified by them, then another short wait while the dealer does their part to get it ready...this interval can vary depending on whether you're having them add anything and several other factors.

As to hitches...there are several, like trucks and you'll get different opinions from folks on the forum. Some are better than others, the important thing to remember though is to make sure you get a hitch capable of handling the load these Redwoods generate. Our rigs weigh in the neighborhood of 16,000 to 17,000 pounds, a hitch should be rated for weights approximately 20% more than the coach weight so I would not even consider a hitch rated at less than 20,000 pounds.
I have a Ford with the Fifth Wheel prop kit, the only hitch that will fit is the Reese Elite, it comes in two sizes, 20K and 25K, I opted for the 25K and have no problems and no regrets!

I wish you the best and welcome to the Redwood family!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #44

Congrats and good luck, I hope enjoy yours has much has I am.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #45

Congratulations.....wonderful hearing everything went well for you. One of my favorite features is the slide in a slide. Love seeing people noticing it for the first time. I hope you enjoy your new adventure as much as we have. Redwood is awesome! :-)
Lady DRV - 2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450 w/Executive Office Options
LadyEcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #46

Thanks everyone for all the great information, and for the warm welcome!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #47

As to hitches, I would have air somewhere in the hookup. Either an air pin box, or an air hitch.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #48

We may have seen yours being built last week Tuesday if it is ready for paint. They were building 38GK's that day.

They do not paint them at the Redwood factory though. They said they are sent to Precision Paint for the final step. we were told all RV's are having a problem finding enough drivers for all RV's. Since we are from Indiana we were in Elkhart first and then drove to Syracuse to have the factory tour. We purchased ours off the lot of Tiarra RV, so we did not have to wait thank goodness. Perhaps they have several on the lot there because they are so close to Syracuse.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Hi Rhonda; Ours took about 12 weeks so you should be close. NOTE! I strongly recommend you call the factory and check on it. I am certain that had I not called and told them we were desperate to get our coach, it would STILL be sitting in Indiana! There is a huge shortage of drivers for the rv's in Indiana. Many coaches (last I read about 25K) are sitting in lots waiting to be delivered. Mine was put out for delivery right away after I called. Redwood was great about helping me. I would call!!

Maybe we should start and owners pony express. One person picks up the trailer and hauls it until they reach the next person. Eventually the new trailer will be delivered to the rightful owner.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Maybe we should start and owners pony express. One person picks up the trailer and hauls it until they reach the next person. Eventually the new trailer will be delivered to the rightful owner.
I used to haul 5ers for a local dealership (not RW's) when they had a show about 2 hours from here. Back then I think it was $1.35 a mile only when you were hauling. All the drivers made 3 trips per day. It was fun, but not very lucrative. I'll bet the pay is not that great and the deadhead is not worth it unless they have a return load for today's drivers. Oops, here I go again, off topic

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #51

I checked into it and they pay under $1.90 a hauling mile. I don't think that's enough. You furnish a truck, insurance, nights stay somewhere, regulated as to how many hours you can drive a day and free deadheading for the carrier. Not a good deal.
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
Oops, here I go again, off topic
Regrettably, your post has been reported to the site administrator.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Regrettably, your post has been reported to the site administrator.
Shhhhh---They're here. THEY ARE HERE !!! It is the Redwood site admin rapid response team off topic sentries!! They have surrounded the house and they are driving a dented, old gray 69 VW bug with a 20k reese welded on the back. They are trying to figure out how to hook up to our 38GK !!! HIDE, HIDE !! My wife is in the bathroom and I am pounding on the door to see if we have an old white pillow case to use to tie to a broomstick so I can surrender--she told me to shut up. Wait, shhhhh, they are knocking on the door. Two old bald guys in Redwood tshirts have informed me that if I go off topic again, they will tackle me, roll me up in a Redwood banner and throw me to the Chihuahua's.

Now that Ladies and Gentlemen is how you go off topic

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #54

I couldn't have said it any better. We welcome the off topic police. LOL
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #55

Truth be told, I'm only partially bald.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #56

Wish we had a "LIKE" button on here for Coloradolivins reply!!!
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #57

Quote:
Shhhhh---They're here. THEY ARE HERE !!! It is the Redwood site admin rapid response team off topic sentries!! They have surrounded the house and they are driving a dented, old gray 69 VW bug with a 20k reese welded on the back. They are trying to figure out how to hook up to our 38GK !!! HIDE, HIDE !! My wife is in the bathroom and I am pounding on the door to see if we have an old white pillow case to use to tie to a broomstick so I can surrender--she told me to shut up. Wait, shhhhh, they are knocking on the door. Two old bald guys in Redwood tshirts have informed me that if I go off topic again, they will tackle me, roll me up in a Redwood banner and throw me to the Chihuahua's.

Ha Ha, got a good laugh from this one

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #58
Site Team

Quote:

Hey........my Chihuahua wouldn't bite anyone. She would just get you down and lick you face until you yell "Ieeeee chiwawa". Now, where is my Redwood T-shirt?

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #59

Quote:

Yes a like button would be great or we could just take the list to Facebook. LOL
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote