Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Site Team

My how time flies.....I think I first found information on the Redwoods in June of 2011 while I was looking at the Carriage products. A year ago we drove 5 hours to an RV show and showed my wife the RV I wanted to buy ending my long search. At the show while touring an RL and talking with Andy (the OZ), my wife and I finally found what we had been looking for so we placed the order for the Redwood without any regrets. About 2 weeks later I found and joined this forum for more information. At that time there didn't seem to be many owners on the forum but there were a whole lot of us nervously waiting for our units while the time seemed to drag on.

I really think my wife was relieved the search was over because she got tired of me showing her RV comparisons for the past several years. I literally have a file cabinet filled with brochures from about every make and model of RV for the past 5 years. My wife is thankful that over the last year I haven't collected a single brochure or been to any RV dealers.

Now she only has to contend with all the modifications I do on the truck and trailer. The list of modifications is never ending.....mmmm "Firestone R4tech Air Suspension"......yep gotta have that! I think I need an increase in my allowance.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #2

It takes a really good woman to put up with us and mine has been a trooper the last few years. She put up with all the stuff I had to have for the truck and when she found the RL I couldn't say no. Seems like she doesn't mind so much when I find something for the trailer. Got a wireless TPMS yesterday and she didn't try to talk me out of it! I'm done for a while tho.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #3

What kind of remote TPMS did you decide on? Be sure to update us on how it works and how hard to install. Thanks,
Pigdoc

pigdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Air bag system for sale. I bought and installed a bag system for my Ford about 2 months ago complete with the wireless remote control. But my wife still wants a better ride so after I showed her the Firestone R4tech air ride in the magazine and on youtube she was sold.

So if anybody needs a system let me know, I'll give a good deal to someone.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #5

It's called Tire Tracker, made in livingston Tx. Looked at several and it came down to Pressure Pro and this one. Haven't installed it yet but the instructions and installation of this one seem to be way simple compared to Pressure Pro. It also moniters tire temp and that was a biggy to me. Not going to put it on til we get ready to head north in March. Will post results.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #6

Let me rephrase my answer above a little bit. The system I bought is imported for Tire Traker of Livingston Tx. All of these systems are imported. Also I'm not saying the other systems are bad just that this seemed better for my application. Research them all and decide which is best for you.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #7

John & Kay, Think I just bought the same setup from TechNoRV at the Rally in Daytona. Very simple setup. You're correct about where it's made. It's sold under at least 3 different names, and several of those sellers try to tell you it's made in the USA when it's not. So far we're pleased with the system, but won't really get a chance to put it to good use till spring when we start North for our Summer traveling.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote