Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #1

How many tries before you go crazy

well good news all. Our trailer has arrived back from crossroads from its 60 plus punch list and another month in the books. Let me first say we have owned this one almost six months and five of those glorious months it has been in the shop. Well let me first start off by saying my patience has reached its end. I can go no more, Beth is on the phone as we speak talking to our lawyer and I did give my trust in crossroads to make this right. Well let's start off with hydraulics

Ummmm the auto level does not work now. It's just roars and grinds and faults come up on the screen and with jack fault failure and such that and so on

I guess somebody didn't like our island because it is keyed from one side to the other. Looks as if someone tried to scratch lottery tickets on it or something. Our wonderful fridge is all scratched up. Wasn't there before

Some one bottomed out my trailer in rear because ladder is bent back on bottom and twisted to the right. My pictures before show it perfectly straight

The skylight in the bathroom was replaced. They used a thicker bezel to replace the origional with but the screw holes that was used on origional are visible and ceiling panel is ripped still

Closet door hinge is in two pieces. They said it was fixed

I stopped there Closed the door to it at explore USA and refused it. Called crossroads and no one has time to even talk to me so there you go everyone. Step up and show you care redwood because it shows you do on mine. Any one want to buy a newesd 5th wheel. I think my wife will let this go cheap.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #2

Doesn't sound good This actually went to the Service Center in Indiana?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #3

Yep. Just got off the phone with mike antal service tech from there and just sighed and moaned and told me to be patient and he needs to make a phone call. I thought I've been patient I thought 5 months of my 6 was patient enough. But any way I'm sitting in the corner of the house as if I was a bad dog because my wonderful woman is um a little pissed off right now
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

Sounds like it went to Explore USA, not the factory ??

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #5

No it first went to explore USA and problems said were fixed but not. Then it went back again to exploaderusa and problems were not fixed but bandaided up but didn't last long. Then it went back to exploaderusa for a courier to pick it up and take it to the Indiana. And was shipped back to exploaderusa for me to final inspect it and it is worse than we first left it to be shipped to Indiana
Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #6

You probably already know - but Explore USA, Crossroads, and the transporter all should have done checklists and inspections as it passed between each of them. Somewhere that Ladder has to be identified - and chances are good it was the transporter. He may of even spent some time inside it, although they aren't supposed to.

I saw a comprehensive list on mine when Explore USA accepted it from the transporter (don't think we were supposed to see it). The Transporter was responsible for some of the minor touchups, and Redwood the rest. About a $2,500 bill overall before we ever saw it. Mainly tweaks and cleanup done at the Dealership.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #7

Clean up. You got a clean up. It looks as if someone took this trailer on a white rock road and then found 50 mud holes and hit every one. The inside is a pig sty. My wife is a clean freak and when we dropped this thing off. A fresh wax was just done to it and we scrubbed the inside from top to bottom with murphys soap because my wife would want someone to walk into our trailer looking like a mess
Old 10-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #8

And guys I am sorry for sounding like this but come on now I can't be the only one here getting this treatment on a used to be new trailer
Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #9

That is a real bummer, sorry to hear

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #10

I've put my trust in jim Lazzorino not once but twice now. I was assured this trailer would be better than new the next time we see it. Can I open my eyes yet. Because it's no surprise you want to get. 100plus k down the drain that's what I'm hearing from the Tasmanian devil talking to someone
Old 10-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #11

So sorry to hear the problems you are having with your coach. I think I can "see" why the wife is a tad bit upset! I would be right there with her! Good luck.
usaf1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #12
Traveling

Super sorry to hear this. I hope a miracle happens and things are made right.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #13

I can't believe that you were not required to pick the fifth wheel up at the service center. When they picked mine up and took it to the service center for repairs I was told that I would have to pick it up when it was done so that they could go through everything with me and make sure I was satisfied. I was happy to pick it up and actually would have been happy to drive it there (1,000 miles each way). Had I not picked it up my battery cutoff switch would still be nonfunctional. After discussing that issue when I arrived, they were able to rewire the cutoff switch and solve the problem. Sorry to hear of all your problems. Hope this gets taken care of to your satisfaction.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #14

You're attorney will tell you to stop posting 'his arguments' on the forums...at least that's what "this guy I know" said...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Super sorry to hear this. I hope a miracle happens and things are made right.
Sometimes miracles need legal assistance to help push things along, and made right.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #16
Traveling

I completely agree. Most miracles are "made" happen ;-) To be honest, I would have been on the phone ahead of Beth probably! It is unacceptable to spend that much money on something and then to have it be a complete lemon like that. Is that the issue in the RV industry? Lack of a "lemon law" ?? I wonder...They do sometimes seem fearless that you have any recourse.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #17
Site Team

This is a shame......Hopefully Redwood will get all of this straightened out VERY SOON!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #18

David, you are killing me ours is at the dealer now for a lot of the same problems you have.sorry to hear it came back worst, my wife will flip too if ours comes back dirty inside.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #19
Traveling

Jim, I think Explore USA has some real issues... I have heard this before about them. I can tell you that our service department here in the Portland, OR area actually covered our carpets with plastic and was meticulous. I could not even tell they had been in there. Try to be optimistic!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #20

We have our fingers crossed.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote