Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #1

First 1,000 Mile Trip New 38GK

New 38GK is performing well, only 120 miles from Shipshewana. The A/C is not cooling properly but we are out of the Oklahoma heat. The door on the 50 amp cord reel is pretty cheap. Have no idea how it has stayed on this long. Like every other new rig there are latches that need to be added but nothing you wouldn't expect. Very happy so far.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #2

You got that right about the cheap flimsy cord reel access door Ron. Come on Redwood..... you guys can do better with the quality of some of these components/parts on a "Residential Quality Unit" costing $100,000.00+ ! It was out of adjustment when I took delivery. Dealer wanted me to return the 39MB for a replacement door assembly, repaint, etc. claiming that it was "warped". I opted to try to fix myself. Wasn't warped.... just sloppy install at factory. Made some adjustments to the way the door frame was "slapped on"@ factory & that fixed the problem.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
New 38GK is performing well, only 120 miles from Shipshewana. The A/C is not cooling properly but we are out of the Oklahoma heat. The door on the 50 amp cord reel is pretty cheap. Have no idea how it has stayed on this long. Like every other new rig there are latches that need to be added but nothing you wouldn't expect. Very happy so far.
Good to hear Ron,
our rear storage door was not straight, dearer at PDI removed the top screw and put HD Rivit in its place.. Straight now!! I agree about the cord reel door but im just so stinking happy to have an electric cord reel its not that bad for me!
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
You got that right about the cheap flimsy cord reel access door Ron. Come on Redwood..... you guys can do better with the quality of some of these components/parts on a "Residential Quality Unit" costing $100,000.00+ ! It was out of adjustment when I took delivery. Dealer wanted me to return the 39MB for a replacement door assembly, repaint, etc. claiming that it was "warped". I opted to try to fix myself. Wasn't warped.... just sloppy install at factory. Made some adjustments to the way the door frame was "slapped on"@ factory & that fixed the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
At least you have a cord real, I'd take your flimsy door. great to hear everything is going good and enjoyable!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote