Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #1

How many of you have purchased an extended warranty? The dealer is proposing a 5 year warranty at $3000 with a $100 deductible. I realize dual voltage rv equipment replacement can get pricey but this warranty will not really go into effect until after the RW two year warranty is over. I would like to get your thoughts and learn what some others have done.

Thanks for your input. My order goes in this weekend for the 36RL. Going to be a long winter

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
How many of you have purchased an extended warranty? The dealer is proposing a 5 year warranty at $3000 with a $100 deductible. I realize dual voltage rv equipment replacement can get pricey but this warranty will not really go into effect until after the RW two year warranty is over. I would like to get your thoughts and learn what some others have done.

Thanks for your input. My order goes in this weekend for the 36RL. Going to be a long winter

I did not get one. there warrenty runs along with the factory warrenty, so you loose two years. not worth the buck.

Lillyputz
Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

We said no to the 3000 offer for company called XtraRide...But bedfore we left they offered the same exact program for $1400 with $ 100 deductible...We did take advantage of that..

Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #4

Idid not purchase the extended warranty from the dealer, since they have no repair shop to speak of. I instead purchased one from Good Sams for $783.16 for 3 years. Now this is a wrap around, which means it goes along with the a 5th wheels regular 2 year, only leaving me 1 year of coverage at the end of the manufactures warranty. Now that doesn't sound good until you realize that not everything in the rig has a two year warranty. The Good Sams coverage covers everything that moves within the rig. That means, tv, a/c, water heater, generator, slides, everythihg except the walls, roof, and floor. The 5th wheel pin, axles, bearings, most everything that "works" within the rig. For an additional $150 for three years, it covers the tires, up to $350 per tire for replacement for any reason. You might want to call Good Sams for a quote before you pay a lot more for less coverage.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #5

We paid $1298 for a 5 yr extended warranty froma company called Cornerstone. They too have a $100 deductible. It also coversup to $500 in towing if needed, but we did have an issue with them covering towing if the defective component is under manufacturers warranty. We purchased this from our dealership.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #6

Extended Warranties

I know this is an old thread. But I'm getting ready to order a new 38RL. I'm looking for dealerships that sell Redwood with Cornerstone extended warranties. I've had Cornerstone the last 5 years and have been very happy with them. If anybody has any info. Please let me know. Thanks Jim
Jimni5er is offline   Reply With Quote