Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2022, 08:48 PM   #1

Does anyone like their 2021 4001lk?

I read all these negative reviews on the 2021 4001lk. Does anyone like this model?
Purplepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:10 PM   #2

everyone is fast to tell everyone what they dont like but very slow to give thumbs up . Given the 2021 models where built during Covid lock down time I would guess there was a few quality control issues. Every manufacture in the RV supply chain was breaking new ground on how to fix there issues. Building anything now a days is difficult still, supply issues and back log of work has set everyone up to fail. I sure hope I am wrong, but I can see the construction industry doing a BIG downward spiral in the next year. Every project we are currently building we are going back months after compleation to install parts that you can get in time to complete . We have 4 large ATS custom built switches that are backordered for 14 months and no real production date yet. We had to install rental ATS units to do start ups for heat and AC in the lab building we just compleated.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:18 PM   #3

So are you a Redwood Owner or manufacturer?
Old 09-11-2022, 10:17 PM   #4

owner. Why would you ask ???
Old 09-12-2022, 11:36 AM   #5

By your reply it just sounded like you were a manufacturer.
Do you like your Redwood?
Old 09-12-2022, 01:26 PM   #6

I agree with Mark, MOST persons are quick to be vocal about issues, but silent when things are as they should be.....

As far as the question, asking who likes a certain floor plan would have to be answered by someone who owns it.. As far as liking the "REDWOOD" name, there a few here, me included that are on our 2nd Redwood because of our likes..

Redwood is like any other manufacture, they are just as capable of producing a lemon in some eyes as they ALL pull from the same work pool of folks in Indiana. And they MOSTLY all get paid by piece, not quality.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:50 PM   #7

Like Joe stated , I agree with!

"Redwood is like any other manufacture, they are just as capable of producing a lemon in some eyes as they ALL pull from the same work pool of folks in Indiana. And they MOSTLY all get paid by piece, not quality."

Our Redwood is a older unit and was built before Keystone owned the brand , I cant comment on any unit other then the one we own. Its had some minor problems that for the most part can be fixed by myself.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:25 PM   #8
gee

We love ours. When we bought it there were some issues but we quickly learned getting warranty work done was a joke. We had researched and found out most manufacturers warranty work was taking months. We had sold our house and just had to do what we had to do. I just fixed our issues and moved on. We have been full time for over a year. Spent last winter in va and had no issues. Added a couple infrared portable heaters. One in kitchen and one in master bath. We did replace the mattress.
gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:49 PM   #9

Like our Red Woods -

Hello - all of the above comments are spot on - that said we are full time RVers and had purchased a used 2017 RW38RL17 Jan 2020 - We loved it - ended up going to RV show in Tampa FL and purchased a 2022 4001LK - with this new RV there was just enough lemons to make some lemonade the biggest issues we have that are not easily remedied are flooring issues - living room has a chassis screw bulging the floor up and bed slide managed to gouge a couple inches of the bedroom flooring near the bathroom door. The rest of minor issues were all fairly straightforward to remedy. GET A REAL BATTERY! The dealership sticks a battery strong enough to provide a few minutes of breaking power in case you detach from your tow vehicle - really inadequate for anything else for your RV.
big-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:38 PM   #10

Review

After reading other owners experiences I thought we'd share ours,good and bad.We ordered our 2022 4001Lk and waited 8 months for it. That was not a big deal,more anticipation than anything else.
Let me start with the positive sides of our rig. I'll begin by saying that we live full time in ours and do not tow it around.We live in an owner occupied park in Florida. We absolutely love the layout with plenty of storage space,windows etc.My wife calls it our one bedroom apartment.Our's has the third a/c unit which we very rarely use as the living and kitchen cool very nicely.We also ordered ours with full body paint of which the quality is top notch.Didn't get the washer/dryer combo due to mixed reviews,loss of space in closet and the fact that our laundry here is exceptional.We did however order the dishwasher and works perfect. Quite and cleans our dishes as expected.Really like the sun shades which actually work.Pretty much sums up the good.
As with any RV nowadays there will be issues.As you all know you need to be handy to own one of these.I had to redo the shower controls due to them not tightening the fittings and leaving off a clamp.Have an issue with the Power Control System. The board doesn't regonize 50 amp service.Everything works as should but nobody can figure it out. Warranty item but I'll get to that in a minute.Had a leak in the compartment for the hydraulic connections that mysteriously stopped.Also had an issue with the microwave not being a convection type as advertised.
This is where I feel we were let down.The dealer we bought from was excellent.Keystone was and is absolutely terrible.Sent us out a service tech of their choosing to look at the items described above. The first tech told us he had no idea what was wrong with the PCS.Looked at the hydraulic and scratched his head. Wrote everything down and said we'd hear from them. After not hearing back I was informed the service and tech had both quit. Sent out another two guys and he told me it was our power pole,which checks out fine.Told the hydraulic was an overtightened line.Would have bring the rig in because it was a six hour job. The rep from Keystone told us they have the right to substitute in regard to the microwave in they're disclaimer.
Long story short,we love the unit but Keystone isn't worth a plug nickel. Hope this helps.
Mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 07:23 PM   #11

LOVE the 4001

We absolutely LOVE our 4001LK (rear kitchen)! We feel it really does have the best floor plan to feel like home for our full time travels. Yes, the rear end does bounce A LOT but plenty of things you can do to prep for that and have enjoyable travels ... we did do the ultimate and had the MORryde Independent Suspension with disk breaks installed and she rides like a cloud now! We really love the huge walk in closet in the front and after almost 3-years on the road now we have zero regrets!
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 10:27 PM   #12

Good to hear. There have been so many negative things about Redwood, but we love ours too.