Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #1

Angry Delivery saga continues!

Well .... Heard from the dealer today, still can't give me a date when our trailer will be ready for us (keeping in mind it was supposed to be ready last Saturday) There is a major gap between the drivers side metal side skirt and the side of the trailer they don't know how to fix without messing up the paint. They inform me that redwood production says its "Normal" for a residential refrigerator to tip outward " 2-3 inches" during travel and that it can't tip out any further because the top of the frige will hit the cabinet .... I ask what the doors and everything in side was going to do while the refer is bouncing around 2-3"? Service writers reply "good question" As of today they have no answers for any of the problems that made us leave it behind at PDI and can't tell us when they will. There are lock and latch issues, paint issues, dishwasher has error code and will not shut off, battery box not secure, 2 exterior doors don't align right and some other small things.
Lesson to All, do not sign paperwork or take delivery until everything meets your satisfaction!
The frustration is starting to set in!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #2

If I power up my Redwood, I get an error code (2 I think) unless I have water to the unit. I just ignore it.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
If I power up my Redwood, I get an error code (2 I think) unless I have water to the unit. I just ignore it.
Yep, also you'll get a code if the bottom spray shakes loose during transport. Super easy fix, just put it back in the right spot.

Hopefully the dishwasher issue is just one of these two. Other than the odd slide issue the rest of them should be easily remedied by the dealership.

While I'm still not a huge fan of Lazydays in Tucson, they did do a very impressive PDI when we picked ours up. They worked for about two days fixing all the little issues.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
Traveling

Super sorry to hear this . Keep us posted. Might warrant a call to Redwood.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #5
Traveling

By the way, on the fridge, I read that a good fix is to insert foam blocks on the top and sdes of the unit to keep it from moving during transit. I thought it sounded like a good, lo-tec way to secure it better. I think I will try that.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
By the way, on the fridge, I read that a good fix is to insert foam blocks on the top and sdes of the unit to keep it from moving during transit. I thought it sounded like a good, lo-tec way to secure it better. I think I will try that.
I still maintain this is Redwoods problem, I'm not going to find a fix for their mistake ... These things are made to go down the road so they should build them to do just that.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #7
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Well .... Heard from the dealer today, still can't give me a date when our trailer will be ready for us (keeping in mind it was supposed to be ready last Saturday) There is a major gap between the drivers side metal side skirt and the side of the trailer they don't know how to fix without messing up the paint. They inform me that redwood production says its "Normal" for a residential refrigerator to tip outward " 2-3 inches" during travel and that it can't tip out any further because the top of the frige will hit the cabinet .... I ask what the doors and everything in side was going to do while the refer is bouncing around 2-3"? Service writers reply "good question" As of today they have no answers for any of the problems that made us leave it behind at PDI and can't tell us when they will. There are lock and latch issues, paint issues, dishwasher has error code and will not shut off, battery box not secure, 2 exterior doors don't align right and some other small things.
Lesson to All, do not sign paperwork or take delivery until everything meets your satisfaction!
The frustration is starting to set in!
Hang in there. Everything is fixable. As frustrating as it is, it's still worth it.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #8
Traveling

I certainly agree. HOWEVER as in anything RV related, sometimes the manufacturer's idea of good enough isnt quite inline with mine. :-) An example would be how everyone adds rear stabilizer jacks because the back end of these coaches tend to shake a little, even with the landing legs down. Or adding slide locks to the pantry shelves. It just works a little better. If Redwood feels that my refrigerator AND ITS CONTENTS!! are ok slamming around 2-3 inches, I will not accept that. I will secure it better.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:21 AM   #9
S&K

Agreed, TNT! If they don't know about the issues, how can they build a better coach? What can we do as owners to make changes?

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #10
Traveling

I need to check for a FAVORITE MODIFICATIONS THREAD. I love learning about others genius customizations. in my opinion, redwood would be well served to read some of these postings and learn from them! Most of them are very low cost but very effective. & I always think that it's very small innovation that cause me to like one coach over another.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #11

Oh I agree it will all work out, but when I know of a clear issue that needs to be fixed I'm going to make them fix it. Everyone does their own make it better mods and one that will do that too but for them to say its ok for the fridge to bounce around 2-3" is not acceptable. That is a design flaw they need to address for all Redwood buyers.
I'm mostly frustrated that we a have trip planned and can't start loading and setting it up she it's in the dealers lot 150 miles away. And they aren't saying when I will get it and they have my money. If they hadn't closed the deal I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated! That's my fault for signing before I accepted it.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #12
Traveling

Thankful for your sharing Blue dogs. you can bet that we will be extra alert when we go in for our pdi If it ever happens. We're on week 7 and haven't even gotten our VIN number yet :-(
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 AM   #13

Hey BlueDogs, I hear your frustration !! I don't know if you have contacted RW but if not, try to get in touch with Ron in CS. Lynn is also a good guy and maybe you need to start rattling some trees. It is BS to have a dealer tell you "don't know when and don't know how" I'd call the bank and raise hell too, unless you paid in full. Keep on it, maybe some freebies are in order such as extra stuff like a small genset, sat antenna, larger propane bottles what ever.

Regardless, we love our rig and you will too !!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:59 AM   #14

if you are talking ABOUT DISHWASHER ERROR CODES... it might not be just a loose spray arm. We had the same problem.. During it`s 4 MONTH stay at the INDIANA REPAIR FACILITY, RON Howilard replaced the dishwasher np i thought.. Used it several times with out a hitch since then.. (after our maiden voyage produced a locked dish drawer and constant beeping when running on the genny..)

6 months later.. we where boondocking at a family gathering.. using the generator... again.. as soon as the genny fires up.. error codes 2/4/7 agAin W.T.H. ?? Back to dealer... 3 weeks.. can`t find a thing wrong..

I store the unit with all the breakers turned off.. except for the battery charger circut.. it is plugged in 24/7/365 when it is in it`s hole beside the garage.

De-winterized it 3 weeks ago.. always do my genny test run every 2-3 weeks so this time.. all the breakers are on... error codes in the dishwasher.. everything else appears normal...

I was having an electrical inspection done here on our new house and asked the electrician to verify my findings.. Checked our unit.. with the genny operational and running.. for volts/amp.. np.. but here`s the kicker... power should be the same as household current 60 hertz..+/- .01 hertz.. our genny is floating between 62 and 67.7 hertz... not good..

I used an sr meter (square root), and secondly a kill-o-watt EZ energy monitor to verify this b4 the electricians did the same...with the same findings..

Called Mark Quinn.. 2 weeks ago and again this am.. setting things up to get main board or gen set complete replaced...
mesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:12 AM   #15

Is there anywhere a "this needs to be addressed" list we could give to RW @ the Rally in August? If we could work up a list of common issues (like the fridge) that needs engineering improvements, perhaps we could get a chance to sit down w/ some of the RW execs in August and discuss them.

I come from the cruise industry and when we would have large gala events like the beginning of a world cruise w/ a few hundred frequent cruisers on hand, it would be common for the execs to have a Q&A/feedback session so everyone could feel lilt they got heard and yes sometimes they actually listened .

Do you think that might fly?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:15 AM   #16
Traveling

what an outstanding idea! Why don't you start a thread titled issues for redwood? Or something like that? There is so much wisdom on this forum and everybody has a can do attitude with improvements. I think they should be thankful for such a list!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 AM   #17

Wait a minute !! I have asked all the folks at RW and also our Dealer who is going to see our coach in May, "Do you guys even know there is a forum out there dedicated to RW owners??", answer is no, sheepishly. I said, better get a grip !!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesg View Post
if you are talking ABOUT DISHWASHER ERROR CODES... it might not be just a loose spray arm. We had the same problem.. During it`s 4 MONTH stay at the INDIANA REPAIR FACILITY, RON Howilard replaced the dishwasher np i thought.. Used it several times with out a hitch since then.. (after our maiden voyage produced a locked dish drawer and constant beeping when running on the genny..)

6 months later.. we where boondocking at a family gathering.. using the generator... again.. as soon as the genny fires up.. error codes 2/4/7 agAin W.T.H. ?? Back to dealer... 3 weeks.. can`t find a thing wrong..

I store the unit with all the breakers turned off.. except for the battery charger circut.. it is plugged in 24/7/365 when it is in it`s hole beside the garage.

De-winterized it 3 weeks ago.. always do my genny test run every 2-3 weeks so this time.. all the breakers are on... error codes in the dishwasher.. everything else appears normal...

I was having an electrical inspection done here on our new house and asked the electrician to verify my findings.. Checked our unit.. with the genny operational and running.. for volts/amp.. np.. but here`s the kicker... power should be the same as household current 60 hertz..+/- .01 hertz.. our genny is floating between 62 and 67.7 hertz... not good..

I used an sr meter (square root), and secondly a kill-o-watt EZ energy monitor to verify this b4 the electricians did the same...with the same findings..

Called Mark Quinn.. 2 weeks ago and again this am.. setting things up to get main board or gen set complete replaced...
Funny you bring up the generator, ours was running on the Genny when we were having the issue, I'll call have have this issue checked tomorrow. Gotta think this would raise issues with other electronics in time too. Don't know if there is a error code plugged in?

I think Redwood could learn a lot and produce a better product with a simple customer survey. There are a lot of good simple issues solved here on the forum that would be simple for them to address during manufacturing.

I got word late today that Redwood engineering is now looking into the residential fridges not being secure and a way to lock doors during transport. yippee! They "think" they have a fix for the side skirt and have fixed most of the small adjustment issues .... We might be making progress. My salesman is going to put an eye on the fixes to be sure they are done right before I get the word it's done. Time will tell!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:05 AM   #19

Ok. let's get real people. If there are PDI issues out there for the folks that are going to buy new or used, we need to talk to RW and have a .conversation. Having the engineers figure it out ain't goin to work.

We are owners and I think there are only about 4500 of us at this point. This is a great rig and the people putting it together are not getting the feedback that they need. I am a production guy and I know that the front line folks are not into it for the money. However, they believe that we as our customer, are ohhh so happy. Well, if we are not, let's let them know. is it a dealer issue or a company issue ?

Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #20
Traveling

Every time I go to the doctor I get a survey to fill out afterward. You would think that if they really *cared* about making the BEST coach for the money. They would invite feedback I just have to beleive that's true. HELLO REDWOOD! Come on in and ask! Its friendly water, we LOVE our rigs!!