Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #1

We are wondering if anyone else has had recent shipping delays with their Redwood RV from the factory? We ordered the new Redwood on 02/24/13 and were told by the dealership it would take about 6-8 weeks to be delivered. Around 04/05/13 (6th week mark) we were told by the dealership it would be here around 04/15. On 04/18 we were told it was leaving the factory and should be here by 04/22. Did not arrive then and has still not arrived and have been told twice more since then that it is "leaving the factory" and should be here the next week. We are now hoping for the week of 05/05 (10 weeks since order). Am not sure if this is a problem with this dealership or with Redwood in general. It is a little concerning that we have been told it is "on it's way" several times and that the salesperson has vaguely referred to possible weather issues. Try not to worry too much but on the worst days think it was in some kind of weather related accident and has been in some shop along the route for the past 3 weeks. On the other hand, maybe the dealership was a little overly-optimistic about Redwood's manufacturing and delivery schedule. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.Edited by: Oregonbound
Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #2

I believe the Dealer has to rely on the info from the Rep, but it should be accurate. Our Dealer knew about when it would be done (and it was), and he knew the day it came back from paint and the day it left the factory. What he could not tell is transport pickup times, as it could set in a lot waiting its turn.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #3

We ordered ours on the 16th of Feb last year and it didn't arrive at the dealership until the 26th of April, but right now with trying to gear-up for Carriage production and taking on the CrossRoads ToyHaulers, may have caused some delays in RW production. Now this is just a guess on my part.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #4

thanks. do you recall how long the dealer said it would take and how long it actually took?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
I believe the Dealer has to rely on the info from the Rep, but it should be accurate. Our Dealer knew about when it would be done (and it was), and he knew the day it came back from paint and the day it left the factory. What he could not tell is transport pickup times, as it could set in a lot waiting its turn.
Thanks. Do you recall how long it took from order date to delivery?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771
We ordered ours on the 16th of Feb last year and it didn't arrive at the dealership until the 26th of April, but right now with trying to gear-up for Carriage production and taking on the CrossRoads ToyHaulers, may have caused some delays in RW production. Now this is just a guess on my part.

Thanks. Sounds like around 10 weeks is about what we should expect.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Dan

Ours was 2 weeks late as there was a "shortage" of "qualified" (bonded) drivers todeliverto Canada at that time. So the dealer along with thedistrictrep threw in some extra cash to entice a driver to "jump" in anddeliverit

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #8

Ian,

I didn't volunteer that info right off because I know you are as anxious as I was, but ours was incredibly fast:

02/19/2013 Order date
03/14/2013 Manufacturer date
04/03/2013 Delivered to Dealer

Now we did order from the Dealer during the RV show and the Rep was there. The Rep actually talked to us, reviewed the order, discussed some options, and then an hour later said because of the 8k axles he was putting our name on one already on the line and that we would have it by the end of March (less than 6 weeks). He was true to his word.

That's the kind of direct communication that should be taking place - We had a Vin number within a couple of weeks, did you get that yet?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #9

That is the problem with delivery you need a delivery driver that can take the cach to your dealer. I did that job and we were always 2 weeks behindJust remember ithese drivers are for the mostpart RVers like us that are trying to make extra money to live. And they don't make a lot on the trip, that's why I quit delivering.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Ian,

I didn't volunteer that info right off because I know you are as anxious as I was, but ours was incredibly fast:

02/19/2013 Order date
03/14/2013 Manufacturer date
04/03/2013 Delivered to Dealer

Now we did order from the Dealer during the RV show and the Rep was there. The Rep actually talked to us, reviewed the order, discussed some options, and then an hour later said because of the 8k axles he was putting our name on one already on the line and that we would have it by the end of March (less than 6 weeks). He was true to his word.

That's the kind of direct communication that should be taking place - We had a Vin number within a couple of weeks, did you get that yet?
Thanks for the concern Sounds like working directly with the rep. may have had a pos. influence. We haven't received a VIN# yet. Is it pretty standard to get one right away?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #11

As far as drivers for deliveries, wonder if being in Montana has something to do with it - not the best place to travel to in early spring. We had snow flurries during the last few days. Maybe there are more drivers interested when there's a better chance of seeing some sights. Glacier Nat. Park won't be open for another 2 months - hence, Oregonbound (eventually). Not to offend N or S. Dakotans, but a drive through that country may not be on the topof many driver's list.

My wife also just reminded me that the day we ordered (in Feb), another Redwood was delivered and the salespeople looked genuinely surprised - like they were not expecting it. I assumed that if UPS can track a $10 package through planes, train and van transfers, certainly a $100,000 (list) RV could be tracked pretty easily(GPS). Maybe something the RV companies could look into. Then again, maybe if they are already having difficulty finding drivers, they may not want to put them under more time pressures (and I certainly wouldn't want them driving faster than comfortable just to make a time schedule)Edited by: Oregonbound
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #12

Don't worry too much the weather has been and is pretty bad on Indiana.Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr
Don't worry too much the weather has been and is pretty bad on Indiana.
Thanks. That helps. MAybe they have Rvs stacked up and ready to go when the weather clears. I imagine that it the company that has the most to loose in sending drivers out into nasty weather conditions - so they don't.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #14

Rather be grateful that they didn't send it out.

Cheers, Vic
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #15

We placed our order on 4/7/13, got the VIN # on 4/18/13 and expect deliver to the dealer the 3rd week of May. That is fast as well. The dealer we were working with in AUS had quoted us at least 9 - 10 weeks. We went with another dealer because he was about $6K lower in price and the delivery time was better. We will see if it comes in as expected. He called today, but I was busy at work and couldn't really talk. I will call him tomorrow and see what it up.

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #16

Oregonbound - Transport may be exactly the issue. I know our Dealer (same as SW117 I believe) did say that when it leaves the factory - his communication is over. The transports may be waiting at the door, or they may be so booked that the rig gets transferred to a staging lot and sits there.

You might ask the Dealer for a factory MSRP sheet for your unit. We got one from the Dealer that had our vin, year, customer name, every option and total MSRP. It's the same order sheet that gets forwarded to the DMV after delivery to get title. Its not the purchase agreement, its the traveler that goes with the unit from Crossroads RV.

Understand this is all info as told to me - I am certainly not experienced in how these get built or delivered beyond the consumer side.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW1117
We placed our order on 4/7/13, got the VIN # on 4/18/13 and expect deliver to the dealer the 3rd week of May.Â* That is fast as well.Â* The dealer we were working with in AUS had quoted us at least 9 - 10 weeks.Â* We went with another dealer because he was about $6K lower in price and the delivery time was better.Â* We will see if it comes in as expected.Â* He called today, but I was busy at work and couldn't really talk.Â* I will call him tomorrow and see what it up.
Â*
Â*
AUS, as in Australia?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #18

LOL......sorry, I work for an airline and deal with codes all day long. Didn't even realize I did that! We live in Austin.

Sharon
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #19

Ordered ours on 2/19 with full body paint. It was completed on 4/5 and arrived in Denver on 4/15 with a couple inches of snow on it! I'm sure weather has been an issue. There have been lots of spring snow storms the past 4 weeks. And lots of units to be delivered from all manufacturers.

The transport companies are the bottleneck, I think. And the weather just complicates it further.

JJ
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote