Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Site Team

Where is your most enjoyable camping done? Where is your next destination? What will you never forget?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

Garner State Park! Great floats, and NO MOSQUITO! River is crystal clear, Rio Frio River. Warm days and cool nights.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #3

Toledo Bend Louisiana side fishing, Durango/Pagosa Springs/Silverton, Colorado as well as Steamboat Srate Park, Co.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #4

Wallawa Lake State Park, OR.
A throwback to my youth; Jr Ranger program, night shows/movies in the am-pa theater, wildlife in the campsites, etc. I guarantee you will be excited to go back again and again!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Oak Creek Canyon north of Sedona, Arizona. But, you can't take a 5th wheel up the canyon. Stay at one of the RV parks near Sedona.

Getting ready to go to Colorado Springs, Gunnison and Mesa Verde,Colorado in late June early July for three weeks.

I won't soon forget the Grand Canyon, especially the North Rim. Thereare way too many unforgettable places to visit in the U.S. andCanada. Impossible to select only a few.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
Site Team

I'll be going to Mesa this Thursday and then Vegas on the 10th. After we leave Vegas we'll go to the Grand Canyon. Does anybody have any recommendations for Vegas or the Grand Canyon?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #7

Dave,

I may be dating myself, but when I was at the Grand Canyon, there was only one campground there operated by the park service. It was a great campground. The rest were private owned by off the park property which puts you about 50 miles out.

Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort - is probably as good as it gets there.Edited by: atom ant
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #8

Old 04-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdoc4

Wallawa Lake State Park, OR.
A throwback to my youth; Jr Ranger program,Â* night shows/movies in the am-pa theater, wildlife in the campsites, etc. I guarantee you will be excited to go back again and again!
Thanks, on my list now, added the You Tube tour.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #10

This may not fit the mold of the typical reply, but Ft. Benning GA, 2006. The unit I supported was doing some co-op training with a BCT. I was never too impressed with the hotels in the area around Ft. Benning (still, Pixie the midget stripper was an interesting experience), so I asked the unit about parking the RV next to the condemned hanger under renovation. After 6 years and 3 deployments with them, they were used to my eccentricities.

Funny story, a new and eager 2nd Lieutenant decided he had a place for me to park, right in the middle of the GP medium tents with cammo. The view from the top of the hill was great, a Class C RV with deployed awning, satellite dish and lawn furniture amongst the cammo netting. I new it wouldn't last long. Sure enough, upon my return from the flight line, the eager LT was anxious to let me know I should move it back to my original spot. It seems the CSM and XO were not pleased, but they got a kick out of it.

30 days of work camping. That little RV served as my office and lounge. It was much better than some of the other lodging arrangements I had shared with them in the past or to come. However, was a great time. I do miss my old job at times.

OJ

Edited by: a64armt
a64armt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #11

End of this week heading to Turtle Rock RV Resort in Gold Beach, Oregon

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

We haven't traveled much yet but, Tyler State Park in TX and Mill Creek Resort in Canton TX... Tyler is a beautiful well kept state park with good fishing...Then Mill Creek is a very friendly very up to date super clean park....Best trip yet was our Mini Rally in Canton and gettig to meet our first group of Redwooders and just left ther again this past week-end where we met up withAtomant (Brad, Dory and Sarah) They had just picked up their new 2014 (beautiful rig) and really nice people....Wish we would have had more time to spend with them, but they needed to get back to Colorodo and we had children who live in the area we needed to visit.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

We haven't traveled much yet but, Tyler State Park in TX and Mill Creek Resort in Canton TX... Tyler is a beautiful well kept state park with good fishing...Then Mill Creek is a very friendly very up to date super clean park....Best trip yet was our Mini Rally in Canton and gettig to meet our first group of Redwooders and just left ther again this past week-end where we met up withAtomant (Brad, Dory and Sarah) They had just picked up their new 2014 (beautiful rig) and really nice people....Wish we would have had more time to spend with them, but they needed to get back to Colorodo and we had children who live in the area we needed to visit.
Royce, if you have time after the rally, head north to the Upper U.P. of Michigan. Go up to "White Fish Point" and you'll see some sights to remember along the water falls.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #14

Try Pictured Rocks in the U.P. Outstanding.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #15

Quote:

We haven't traveled much yet but, Tyler State Park in TX and Mill Creek Resort in Canton TX... Tyler is a beautiful well kept state park with good fishing...Then Mill Creek is a very friendly very up to date super clean park....Best trip yet was our Mini Rally in Canton and gettig to meet our first group of Redwooders and just left ther again this past week-end where we met up withÂ*AtomantÂ* (Brad, Dory and Sarah) They had just picked up their new 2014 (beautiful rig) and really nice people....Wish we would have had more time to spend with them, but they needed to get back to Colorodo and we had children who live in the area we needed to visit.
Great meeting you folks Royce! Wish we could have stayed for the weekend, but after two trips it was time to get it home. Towed wonderful.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #16

Quote:

We haven't traveled much yet but, Tyler State Park in TX and Mill Creek Resort in Canton TX... Tyler is a beautiful well kept state park with good fishing...Then Mill Creek is a very friendly very up to date super clean park....Best trip yet was our Mini Rally in Canton and gettig to meet our first group of Redwooders and just left ther again this past week-end where we met up withÂ*AtomantÂ* (Brad, Dory and Sarah) They had just picked up their new 2014 (beautiful rig) and really nice people....Wish we would have had more time to spend with them, but they needed to get back to Colorodo and we had children who live in the area we needed to visit.
I use to live in Athens and didn't have a camper then, but know where you are talking about.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #17

Try the Great White North...

Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia

All coastal drives of New Brunswick... all the hard shell lobster you can eat

Banff National Park Alberta

Jasper National Park Alberta

Rogers Pass or Crows Nest Pass Alberta

Lots of mountains, glaciers, lakes, fishing, moose, elk, bear...

Members from British Columbia chime in...

Old 05-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #18

Brad - I hate to admit it, but we have done minimal touring in BC. My wife has toured extensively before we were married, but I have only crossed the Province once. Will correct this in August when we do a circle tour through the Rockies.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #19

We stopped over for a night at the US Space & Rocket Center RV Park in Birmingham. AL. Real pretty and inexpensive. We want to go back and spend more time to tour the space center, too.

Also, the Delores River RV Park in SW Colorado is nice and a good place to stay while visiting Mesa Verde. There;s a great Scenic Highway that loops up to Telluride, Ridgway, Ouray, Durango and back to Delores. DO NOT pull the RW on the Durango-Ouray stretch (Hwy 550 - the Million Dollar Highway) unless you're a REALLY good driver and ready for a big thrill!!! I drove it in my Escalade, not pulling anything, and it was pretty harrowing - narrow, winding and huge drop-offs - Kevin kept looking out the window and telling me how far we'd roll if we went over the edge!! That helped lots, too.(;

Joyce
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev n JJ
We stopped over for a night at the US Space & Rocket Center RV Park in Birmingham. AL. Real pretty and inexpensive. We want to go back and spend more time to tour the space center, too.

Also, the Delores River RV Park in SW Colorado is nice and a good place to stay while visiting Mesa Verde. There;s a great Scenic Highway that loops up to Telluride, Ridgway, Ouray, Durango and back to Delores. DO NOT pull the RW on the Durango-Ouray stretch (Hwy 550 - the Million Dollar Highway) unless you're a REALLY good driver and ready for a big thrill!!! I drove it in my Escalade, not pulling anything, and it was pretty harrowing - narrow, winding and huge drop-offs - Kevin kept looking out the window and telling me how far we'd roll if we went over the edge!! That helped lots, too.(;

Joyce

Now you have me worried!! My wife and I are planning to stay at Gunnison area for several days in late June and early July. I was planning to take highway US-50 from Gunnison to Montrose thenUS-550 from Montrose down to Durango in order to get over to Mesa Verde. Are you saying that is not a good way to go while pulling a 5th wheel?

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote