Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide

For those who have the bedroom slide in a slide option, have you had any issues with it? If we end up buying a 36RL, I would like to have that option unless it's just a problem.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #2

Now that they have it in King - it would be a "must have" on our next order.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
Site Team

Same for us. We have a king in our RL and it's a bit tight. Thought seriously about switching it our for a queen, even bought the nightstands from Redwood for a queen. Decided we liked our king too much.

Anyone want/need a set of unused RW queen night stands ? I can be really friendly on price.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #4

I guess we're different as we prefer the queen. Our S&B and current rv have a queen and they're fine for us. What about any issues with the slide itself?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #5

Schwintek is what it is - trouble for some and fine for others (kind of like all RV stuff).

The new ones use a combination of Schwintek and cable system I believe, Schwintek for the small slide, and cables for the bigger. That way you are sure to get problems from one or the other .

Seriously, there is nothing unique about slide in slide over the standard slide, so nothing more of an issue with the additional slide. There has been some issues with the slide bellies wearing on the rollers, which you would think would be a bigger issue with the slide in slide because of weight, but I've only heard of it with the standard slide.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Same for us. We have a king in our RL and it's a bit tight. Thought seriously about switching it our for a queen, even bought the nightstands from Redwood for a queen. Decided we liked our king too much.

Anyone want/need a set of unused RW queen night stands ? I can be really friendly on price.
What is your asking price?? Definitely interested. My wife is actually using boxes covered with a wood looking cover LOL!
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #7

Our 38rl has the slide in a slide and we have had no issues so far. We love the added space. I just use the CRC spray lube about every 2 months on the gears and so far no issues.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #8

I think this is one of the main things that differs Redwood from all the others.

Nothing has brought more attention at the different campgrounds than the slide-in-slide.

I should be paid by Redwood for having shown at least 50 people ours ;-).

Almost everyone says "Why didīt our manufacturer think of that? So simple and smart"
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #9

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to hear no more issues than any other slide.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #10

I only wish I had the slide in a slide - I would love to show them DRV folks how you get 41" of walking space in front of the dresser WITHOUT shoving a slide into your precious patio space under the awning!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #11

No issues with ours. In half a day, we have had a drive by inquiry and a walk thru tour!
Old 07-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #12

We will take delivery of our Slide in slide Saturday.. We asked for Slide toppers to be installed all around.. The dealer said that the extra slide ( smaller part) would not have a topper because there is nowhere to mount it.. UI have not seen any online , is this true , or is the dealer not asking completely ??
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #13

If you have toppers added, be sure they mount the back end high enough to give plenty of slope. Mine were mounted at the factory & almost level so they don't drain just sag. Florida Rob installed his correctly, wish he would give the factory some tips while at the rally!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
If you have toppers added, be sure they mount the back end high enough to give plenty of slope. Mine were mounted at the factory & almost level so they don't drain just sag. Florida Rob installed his correctly, wish he would give the factory some tips while at the rally!!
Good tip... I see in your pictures that they are close to level... I have one now that sags and don't like it!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
We will take delivery of our Slide in slide Saturday.. We asked for Slide toppers to be installed all around.. The dealer said that the extra slide ( smaller part) would not have a topper because there is nowhere to mount it.. UI have not seen any online , is this true , or is the dealer not asking completely ??
As I understand, the Dealer is correct. It would probably look funky when closed anyway.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #16

According to my kids I am used to looking funky anyway !! :-)
Old 07-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #17

We don't have a slide cover on the small slide. It doesn't look like it would fit. Hasn't been a problem. I concur about angling the slide awnings. They get RUINED from sagging. We built supports for ours our of PVC but plan to have them "remounted" the correct way if possible. Not sure on that yet. It's a huge pain when you live where it rains all the time :-(

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Just go to home Depot and buy a 40'x20' plastic tarp to throw over it
Old 10-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #19

Bedroom slide does not work

I have 36 RL and our bedroom has a slide in slide. Closing up for the winter today the slide in slide came in as expected but the main slide in the bedroom would not come in. The motors did not even make a noise. All the fuses appear to be fine. Not sure what to do now. Any help would be great!!

Hoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:51 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoistman View Post
I have 36 RL and our bedroom has a slide in slide. Closing up for the winter today the slide in slide came in as expected but the main slide in the bedroom would not come in. The motors did not even make a noise. All the fuses appear to be fine. Not sure what to do now. Any help would be great!!

I would first check the connectors to the controller that is down in the storage area above the shelf on the left side of the storage area. Examine each connector and the connector terminals to ensure there are no broken wires or terminals pushed out of the connector housing. Pull and push the connectors off and on a couple of times to make sure the connectors are properly seated.

Next try to operate the slide again. If still no operation, you will want to check the connections to back of the switch that operates the slide. I think you can pop that switch out of the panel. Make sure the quick connect terminal are connected solidly to the switch terminals and that the terminal crimps are good.

I still no operation with the switch, you are going to need a voltmeter/ohmmeter and start tracing out the circuit for loss of power. Although I haven't had a need to do it myself, there are You-Tube videos that show how to access the Schwintek motors and override the system so you manually move the slide.

Hope this helps.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote