Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #21

SueMar: Even though I live 45 miles from the place, I just couldn't take the "attitude" and the statements like that, I drove right past and traveled another 5 hours so I could do business with Bob Wilson at Leo's Vacation Center in MD. What a positive experience. Unbeatable price and they treated me with respect throughout the process. Once I had a brake issue and the Service Mgr. sent a tech to the campground I was staying at in DC - no charge. Next Spring, I'll drop the 5th off for inspection while I"m site seeing in DC.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #22

5th time: just noiced that you have a 2012 GMC. We have a white on just like it. Where did you have the 60 gal titan tank installed? My husband was looking into adding anothr diesel tank, but both the dealer and GMC discouraged him citing possible"warranty problems"
Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #23

I asked Titan for a couple of installers and the recommended Fleet Street in Bloomfield, CT. They had the best price and totally friendly, professional installers. Three hour install. Tank replaces stock so you can't tell until your fuel guage drops so slowly. This has been one of my best moves yet. Highly recommended. No warranty issues cause it uses stock sending unit, etc.Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
SueMar: Even though I live 45 miles from the place, I just couldn't take the "attitude" and the statements like that, I drove right past and traveled another 5 hours so I could do business with Bob Wilson at Leo's Vacation Center in MD. What a positive experience. Unbeatable price and they treated me with respect throughout the process. Once I had a brake issue and the Service Mgr. sent a tech to the campground I was staying at in DC - no charge. Next Spring, I'll drop the 5th off for inspection while I"m site seeing in DC.

What kind of brake issue did you have??

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #25

My disk brakes were very weak & still are. I'm having Redwood examine them when we're at the rally.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
Ha, I've only heard of one dealer that has the nerve to actually state they will not service your unit if purchased elsewhere and they're in MA. Accoding to Andy, that is against their contract with Redwood.

I too know this dealer. He said the same thing to me, that if we bought one from some where else then he wouldn't service us either. He did change his statement to wel'll service them but you'll be at the very back of the list. Which to someone that is on the road is like saying no! He told me this when we were trying to make a deal. I did make a deal but it wasn't with this dealer. We like being treated with respect. And we didn't feel like we were the longer we talked with them trying to make a deal.

So what is someone to do if you bought one and are 1000 miles away from home for several months and need this inspection?
Another good question to ask at the rally.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #27

undrpsi: Where did you end up buying? Were you happy with the follow-up service as well as the price?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #28

undrpsi: Where did you end up buying (I'm in VT, but don't mind traveling if I get a good deal from a good dealer)? Were you happy with the post delivery service?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #29

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: n&#111;ne; ">We bought from Lazydays in Tampa FL. We flew down to look at the newest floor plan for the 39HH and didn't like the way they did the garage area. Plane ticket was best money spent! Saved us from a HUGE mistake. Ended up ordering a 36FL but if your close to Montpellier VT Country Camper gave me a very good price but I was already locked into buying from Lazydays. You know what they say about hind site?Wish I knew they sold Redwoods earlier. We did have some delivery problems at LasyDays. and they tried to make good. Have to get the rest fixed at Factory during the Rally.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Just a quick point, it's a 5 year structual warranty, provided it's inspected each year to keep the warranty in effect.
Is there any documentation telling us what is covered on 5 year structual warranty?
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutTravelers View Post
Is there any documentation telling us what is covered on 5 year structual warranty?
Nope, just what it says in owners manual and that isn't much. I've tried several times through Redwood to get a written response to this question and there is none. Best I can tell, each warranty question is decided on when it comes up and what is decided for your same warranty issue may not be the same decision I receive for my same warranty issue. No one wants to commit themselves to specifics. Personally, I think it's a joke. It was a way for Redwood to entice buyers but when it came down to structure, it's always someone elses fault. If I did have some kind of structure issue I would definitely pursue it, but be prepared for a fight. Oh, and there is no required inspections anymore.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote