Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 12:44 AM   #1

39MB New Butler Pantry

So I mentioned this in our introductory thread and was curious if anyone has seen this in person. We have only seen photos last week when we did the order.

The butler pantry option has now removed the two inner walls from the 1/2 bath making it a completely open space. From the photos it looks really good. Should make the space feel larger also.
JahRomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:01 AM   #2

I wonder if by removing the walls if that means the attic area goes away??
We just stored a bunch of little used items and other items for transport to Florida in the Attic yesterday. Would really hate to lose that area.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:43 AM   #3

My wife is wondering the same thing. She was kind of counting on that area. Honestly we didn't notice when they showed us the photos (we had 1000 other things on our mind that day) and wasn't til we got home that we thought about it. No one at the dealership knew as it is a very recent mod. Was hoping someone here might of seen it.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:54 AM   #4

I can't imagine that the overhead storage would still be there, it would make the whole area look strange. I still can't believe they would screw up a 39MB by putting a pantry there in the first place, the whole idea in the first place was gaining the half bath. We wouldn't ever consider giving ours up for a pantry, just sayin....We have been full-timing for close to two years and haven't needed a "pantry" yet.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:04 AM   #5

Really it doesn't screw anything up, as it is only an option. If you need/want a bath it is there. For us the 1/2 bath was of no importance, so why not a little more counter and cabinet space. Here is the photo, but it doesn't show the ceiling area. We did not opt for the wine cooler as shown here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Open Pantry.jpg (43.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-09-2015, 05:19 AM   #6

That looks great. We saw one in production at the factory during the rally tour.

Seems to me that sized wine cooler wouldn't do much good though.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #7

Yes really, it does! Just picture yourself 75 miles from the rest stop and suddenly you need that half bath! Hmm, there's not one, Oh well you can just crawl across the bed, try to get the bathroom door unlocked and make your way to the bathroom, hope you make it.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideone View Post
Yes really, it does! Just picture yourself 75 miles from the rest stop and suddenly you need that half bath! Hmm, there's not one, Oh well you can just crawl across the bed, try to get the bathroom door unlocked and make your way to the bathroom, hope you make it.
As the undisputed owner of the smallest bladder ever, I would still opt for the extra storage.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #9
Site Team

I will agree with the above from Tracy ~ when we were flying regularly (Piper Warrior - that's where Piper Guy comes from), I never worried about running out of fuel. Plane's fuel range was 5+ hours. Tracy's ~ 2-2.5 max....... LOL

And we would definitely take the storage option in a MB
Old 09-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #10

OK, this from two traveling Females. Our Bathroom door is held open with the small bungee at the bottom and rolling across the bed is no problem for either of us. We've logged almost 8000 miles since May and haven't had a problem getting to the bathroom.
We probably carry more than we should, but the amount storage given up for the half bath was a no brainer for us to go with the Pantry and the Attic space was another big Plus.
But that's the reason they make different models and options, "Different strokes for different Folks".
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 09-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #11

That is actually a nice option for those that don't need the extra bath!

Of course I would have to convert the back seat of the truck into a bathroom for Dory....
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #12

We still have a Port-a-Potty that we kept in the back of the Truck (with a cap) during our Pop-up and TT days. You want that for Dory in the back?
Old 09-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #13

hahaha - I'll just retrofit it for the front, so I can drive through a whole tank of gas without stopping
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #14

I have a peanut sized bladder, it last about 2 hours. Worked years ago with my grandad & I did the driving & I told him that every time I put that lever in "P" I did.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideone View Post
After 20 years of living and working in remote areas of 3rd world countries, we are pretty good at taking advantage of opportunities when presented and planning our needs. Besides, the dogs need to get out every couple hours anyway. Worst case, a lot less picky about where/how we go.

Everybody's needs are different, guess that's why there are "options".
Old 09-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
I have a peanut sized bladder, it last about 2 hours. Worked years ago with my grandad & I did the driving & I told him that every time I put that lever in "P" I did.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:39 PM   #17

LOL Tracy... and lest we forget, one less loo to clean or malfunction! That's a plus, right? I vote for pantry. We have learned to ask: "So, do you need to use the bathroom before I shower?" LOL!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
LOL Tracy... and lest we forget, one less loo to clean or malfunction! That's a plus, right? I vote for pantry. We have learned to ask: "So, do you need to use the bathroom before I shower?" LOL!
Absolutely! And when I was young, there were 5 of us sharing 1 bathroom. Sharing now with just one is a piece of cake.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #19

We have had the 39MB with the pantry for 2 months now. As others have said it has to do with your needs. We love it for the extra countertop space and kitchen cabinets. We also love the open larger area it gives. Worth looking at if the feel of open space appeals to your needs.
diverval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:07 PM   #20

Looks really nice. For my wife and I the extra bath was a must. Have had ours for a year and love our second bath. But if we didn't I love the new look.
Enjoy.
YogiBear is offline   Reply With Quote