Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2020, 11:10 PM   #1

2016 Redwood Cypress 38CFL

Looking at purchasing a used Redwood Cypress, can't find any information on the web regarding build quality. How do they compare to a true Redwood 5th wheel. If you own one, has it be a good coach? Any dislikes?
lfrisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:31 AM   #2

Not even close to a Real Redwood. When Redwood first came out they also offered a Blackwood, took one look and went right back out. They have since tried two others Cypress and Sequoia at a much lower price point and neither have faired very well.
If looking for a lower level fifthwheel the Cypress might work.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:16 AM   #3

I own a 2015 Cypress

I’ve owned my Cypress since new (2015) and I will say the build quality is above par. Almost identical to “real” Redwoods. They built the Cypress as an entry level fiver to introduce customer to the line. Where did the manufacturer save money, you ask... the inside is the same... I’ve been in plenty of them. The rear wall is not a fiberglass cap, it doesn’t have auto leveling and it also doesn’t have full body paint. You will be buying something that was built very well at a significant savings. The 2016 was also built before Redwood was bought out and IMHO they are far superior to newer models. Compare the cabinetry to the new ones and you’ll know what I mean. Like any used item, though, check it out well!
RobMt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMt View Post
I’ve owned my Cypress since new (2015) and I will say the build quality is above par. Almost identical to “real” Redwoods. They built the Cypress as an entry level fiver to introduce customer to the line. Where did the manufacturer save money, you ask... the inside is the same... I’ve been in plenty of them. The rear wall is not a fiberglass cap, it doesn’t have auto leveling and it also doesn’t have full body paint. You will be buying something that was built very well at a significant savings. The 2016 was also built before Redwood was bought out and IMHO they are far superior to newer models. Compare the cabinetry to the new ones and you’ll know what I mean. Like any used item, though, check it out well!
Redwood was not bought out it was started under the Thor umbrella as a stand alone company then was transferred to combine with crossroads then crossroads was combined with keystone
All of which are owned by Thor
Old 11-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #5

Thanks to all

Thanks to all for your feedback and input. This is helpful in trying to make a educated decision.
lfrisby is offline   Reply With Quote