Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #1

2016 Equipment Changes

On the 2016 MSRP option sheet, the changes effective 9/1/2015 are in bold type. They are:

1. Jensen Surround Sound AM/FM/CD/DVD/Bluetooth/USB Entertainment center. I assume that means the sound bar has been replaced.

2. Straight Roof Line. I am not sure exactly what that means or the advantage/disadvantage of this.

3. EZ lube axles W/Correct Track. What is Correct Track?

4. Aluminum 4-step entry. I believe that I will like this over the steel just for corrosion sake.

5. Stainless Steel 60/40 sink with High-rise faucet. Was the previous sink a composite material?

6.Wastemaster Waste Mgmt. System. I looked at the you-tube video on this and I think I like it over a standard sewer hose.

7. Hand-Laid Vinyl Tile Floor. Were the previous ones a one piece and now separate tiles?

8. Energy MGMT. System. This could mean several different things to me. Does anyone know exactly what this means for 2016?

The production date for my newly ordered 31SL is 11/15. That should mean I get the brass bushings in the springs. Not sure if a door hinge change is taking place before mine or after.

Thoughts?

Larry
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
On the 2016 MSRP option sheet, the changes effective 9/1/2015 are in bold type. They are:

1. Jensen Surround Sound AM/FM/CD/DVD/Bluetooth/USB Entertainment center. I assume that means the sound bar has been replaced.

2. Straight Roof Line. I am not sure exactly what that means or the advantage/disadvantage of this. I did hear about this, but not sure what the advantage is

3. EZ lube axles W/Correct Track. What is Correct Track? Nothing real dramatic, its a slotted bolt system to enable some alignment capabilities to the axles

4. Aluminum 4-step entry. I believe that I will like this over the steel just for corrosion sake. I see this advertised at CW - nice upgrade. Unfortunately in CO, the mag chloride corrodes the aluminum worse than the steel

5. Stainless Steel 60/40 sink with High-rise faucet. Was the previous sink a composite material? I believe they were always stainless, but now they are 60/40 instead of 50/50 like ours

6.Wastemaster Waste Mgmt. System. I looked at the you-tube video on this and I think I like it over a standard sewer hose. Very nice upgrade, and more importantly is the improved hose storage that has to be easier than reach under to store in those tubes

7. Hand-Laid Vinyl Tile Floor. Were the previous ones a one piece and now separate tiles? Haven't figured this out - mine is separate tiles, as they took some up to repair creaks in the floor and replaced with new ones. Maybe this is vinyl in lieu of carpet option.

8. Energy MGMT. System. This could mean several different things to me. Does anyone know exactly what this means for 2016? I believe this was a necessity to allow for the 3rd AC option using the standard 50A hookup. It monitors load and distributes power to the ACs based on what else is operating in the RV

The production date for my newly ordered 31SL is 11/15. That should mean I get the brass bushings in the springs. Not sure if a door hinge change is taking place before mine or after. Congratulations! Sounds exciting. Should have the brass bushings, but I hadn't heard about a door change.

Thoughts?

Larry
Just from what I've heard through the grapevine Larry!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:42 AM   #3

[QUOTE=xtasee;57242]On the 2016 MSRP option sheet, the changes effective 9/1/2015 are in bold type. They are:

" 1. Jensen Surround Sound AM/FM/CD/DVD/Bluetooth/USB Entertainment center. I assume that means the sound bar has been replaced."

Mine is an early production (March) 2016 Unit with the Cheap Soundbar. The true surround sound system sounds like a nice "upgrade"....... should have had this to begin with as expensive as these Redwoods are.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 AM   #4
Site Team

This is a GREAT list of up grades for Redwood. It's good to hear that they are upgrading the trailers. As for the Correct Track......Mine was a guinea pig for this Early 2014. Lippert had my Redwood and I was told they pulled it all over Indiana while making adjustments. I pulled the trailer another 15 months and several 1000 miles and I liked it.

The energy management system (if it's a good one) will be a very handy thing to have and will make operating the Redwoods much easier especially in crowded or under powered campgrounds.

Again....this is a good list of improvements. It sounds like Redwood is trying to gain their spot in the food chain.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #5

I think in 2014 they eliminated the stainless steel sinks and went with the composite sink. Funny, that they are going back to that. Also in 2014, I believe they went to the sheet vinyl flooring in the kitchen area. Funny, how they are going back to the individual tiles. I always thought thosetwo changes cheapened the looks of the Redwood. Now they need to get the wood curved wall back.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
Site Team

I know they experimented with the "IS" system but for one reason or another not gone to it. I still believe their suspension is a weakness but the "Correct track" is a baby step in the right direction. These trailer have to be designed to be pulled.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:31 PM   #7

Just informed my unit is out for delivery this week. The order went in 9/3, so I wonder if they are incorporated. OR are these just "available options" and not "standard features". Wife is not going to be happy if we get the split sink I think.
JahRomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #8

We were told about the Butler Pantry option removing the walls though.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahRomo View Post
Just informed my unit is out for delivery this week. The order went in 9/3, so I wonder if they are incorporated. OR are these just "available options" and not "standard features". Wife is not going to be happy if we get the split sink I think.
These are Standard with the 9/1/2015 orders. These and the addition of the 31SL now having a rear window and popup TV.

Let us know what you wind up receiving....

Larry
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #10

Thanks Larry....I will probably be picking up around the 20th so will let you know.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I think in 2014 they eliminated the stainless steel sinks and went with the composite sink. Funny, that they are going back to that. Also in 2014, I believe they went to the sheet vinyl flooring in the kitchen area. Funny, how they are going back to the individual tiles. I always thought thosetwo changes cheapened the looks of the Redwood. Now they need to get the wood curved wall back.
X2 on the wood curved wall - thats what sold us originally
Old 10-29-2015, 12:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahRomo View Post
Our early 2016 has 1 large sink and we really like that! Our last SOB had the 2 smaller sinks , and it was real hard washing the larger platters and grittles..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Our early 2016 has 1 large sink and we really like that! Our last SOB had the 2 smaller sinks , and it was real hard washing the larger platters and grittles..

Agree....... my wife prefers the one large sink for that reason.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 AM   #14

OK, this one is throwing me a curve: 2016 36RL

https://www.lazydays.com/rv/new-rvs-...edwood-rvs-026

I see outside speakers under the awning, a real nice lower control microwave by Whirlpool, single plastic sink, but I also see the radius wall to the upstairs has been replaced with a broom closet (mucho sadness) and I don't recognize the bathroom at all. No second door and the corner shower is gone in favor of the 3 panel tub type. (also mucho sandness).

If my micro goes out, I'm getting one of the new ones, they look cool!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:44 AM   #15

Your right Brad ,mint looks like there is only 1 bathroom door.. AND it looks like it is directly across from the washer dryer closet , If that's the case , you would have to open the slide to get in there... A deal breaker for me
Old 10-30-2015, 01:52 AM   #16

Oh I didn't even think of that. Mine is at an angle so I can g r the in with the slides closed, and I can even get in the bedroom because of the second door. Sadness.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:34 AM   #17

It will be interesting to see if they add shocks to the Correct Track on the Redwood. Our 2013 Landmark had this system and it had shocks. I don't ever remember any discussion about the suspension on that Coach. I was disappointed the RW didn't have shocks.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:37 AM   #18

Looks like RW took a great floor plan and turned it into, I don't know what.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #19

I would like to see a drawing of the new floor plans to verify that... I cant believe they would be that out of touch? No access to the bedroom or bathroom without opening a STREET SIDE slide ?? NO WAY !
Old 10-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #20

the bathroom having two doors was one of the things that we liked best about the 38RL. If that is gone I would have gotten the GK or the MB. Sounds like a mistake on RW's part.