Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
I think my wife is starting to get cold feet about the trailer now. I think what went on yesterday has taken a toll on her. She just wishes if we had the time and money we would of driven to the factory to see one being built and had one truly customized there. I think Exploreusa just ruined the buying experience for her.
Completely understandable. Just hate to see this kind of thing going on in the industry. Another black eye for sure.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #22

Which ExploreUSA?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #23

Kyle, Austin texas The only sad thing to say about this is Exploreusa is the only place we can go to for a redwood
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #24

So it's more than just the dallas store that has issues
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #25

Trust me we thought Kyle was awesome when we first looked at the trailer and thats why we kept going out of our way to go back and do business. The San Antonio location was our first place we bought our carriage from but service just sucked. Seguin location just made us turn around and get back in our vehicle. They didn't think we were serious about spending our money on a high dollar coach nor did they even try to let us see a Mobil d unit
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
So it's more than just the dallas store that has issues
Oh yeh! It's not just the Dallas Store! Been there, done that! The dealing and purchase was great!........service not so great.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #27

Well the dealing and purchase was great but what was put on paper doesn't always happen when it goes to service and we had to start making phone calls when a month was almost up since we last was there checking in things because no one was calling keeping us updated and when some if the items put on were not what we paid for so going back and forth just seemed to spiral out if control. I've even started to call redwood itself and finding out more details that was supposed to be on our trailer that we didn't seem to have And I might need to go back to keep looking things up on it and make sure every thing is being done correctly. Bad thing it's not a close drive from were we live
Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
Well the dealing and purchase was great but what was put on paper doesn't always happen when it goes to service and we had to start making phone calls when a month was almost up since we last was there checking in things because no one was calling keeping us updated and when some if the items put on were not what we paid for so going back and forth just seemed to spiral out if control. I've even started to call redwood itself and finding out more details that was supposed to be on our trailer that we didn't seem to have And I might need to go back to keep looking things up on it and make sure every thing is being done correctly. Bad thing it's not a close drive from were we live
It's amazing to me that they can offer a great purchase experience but then things aren't so great after. I'm also amazed that their locations always seem to be a long drive to get to which makes it even worse for the service experience. I believe their techs need more training. They are very nice and polite but I don't think they are trained very well in the makings of these RVs.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #29

With all due respect though, I wouldn't want to make Redwood dealers the sole culprits when it comes to service. I know of too many other brands whose purchasers say they will never go back to those dealers for service. What I will brag about though, is that Redwood does stand behind their product so far. It may take some teeth pulling at times to get to the right person in the Redwood system but they will make it right.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #30

We have been to all 3 dealerships and this one just felt right and welcomed us in which let my gaurd down Got a great trade in price on my carriage and good price on 38br. Robert was my tech and walk thru agent as well owned a redwood. Taught us a lot we didn't know about redwood good and bad and showed us one thing that we definitely had them fix which was the out side tv location. No insulation behind it and we take lots of trips to the coast so mesqitos would be filling in thru that spot to the inside of the trailer as well as cold nights there will be a breeze coming in from that location. He did do his job with all if that and even told us things about our pin box which made me realize they put the wrong one on we had paid for. But with all that said and the rear compartment door not working right and tv booster in the bedroom trim on the floor that came loose and gauges in thrum from washer and dryer being installed to every drawer you open up has saw dust in it and the main dining table solid dust and when you extend it and a thick layer of film over it just took it over the top for my wife. She keeps everything very clean and nice and to her it just made her sick seeing how they treated this that way. But with that she is so much on the edge and we have already made our first payment 2 weeks ago and we haven't had a chance to lie on the bed which she thinks it's still the wrong one we still try to smile and keep ourself sane and telling each other it will get better.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #31

That's why we will not step foot back in seguin or San Antonio location due to very poor service when we took our carriage in every year for yearly service. We took our carriage to a crest view location right down the road from us and was astounded by the service we received and phone calls non stop on everything they were doing from beginning to end even took photos of before and after service which was way above what we expected. But they didn't have the trailer we were looking for nor did they really carry the high end trailers we were accustomed to to match the carriage line
Old 06-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #32
lwg

Have you signed the paperwork yet? If not threaten to walk. I don't see Redwood as the problem here but the dealer. Unfortunately its seems all RV's (DRV & New Horizons being the exceptions) send these RV's to the dealership with lots of little bugs that are easily fixed but a pain.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #33

We signed paper work for the trailer over a month ago with our trade in. And when we did the walk thru on Monday Beth started to sign her name to it but I didn't Called them today for a progress check up and was told most if the stuff has been fixed including outside tv which was missing and coax gone as well I had them seal up the void between the mount and the bottom of the table so that will insulate from cold air penetrating the inside of trailer and prevent bugs and Mosquitos from coming in when we have it open watching tv. But a couple of hours later had the salesman call me saying he is picking up the tv now and confirming what I wanted there for brand and size. But still waiting on pin box I paid for but was given something else hoping I wouldn't catch it as well as the rear door coming from the factory to replace the faulty one on the trailer.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #34

Glad they're making progress on your coach, stay on them and make sure all is well before signing for it!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #35

Bought ours at Canton Explore USA. It came in as ordered. However it was a dusty rig inside. They gave it a "lick and a polish", but we spent a full day really cleaning it. I figured it was just Texas dust. It was also raining during the PDI, so I have no idea how shiny it originally was. Overall, they delivered and were super to work with.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. There is no excuse, but to be honest the issues seem reconcilable. I have heard of much worse, and even with DRV. Canton had a DRV in the shop that had been inside for a week just to fix the factory flaws.

I am not too impressed with the rear cabinet so far. I looked at a couple of new ones last week (both opened from the side) and one dropped about 5" on the latch side when you opened it, and to close it you had to pry up on it to match the latch. I buy heated outdoor enclosures for fire water systems and some are formed fiberglass and chrome hinge work, and more than once I've sent them back because they just don't close due to misaligned hinges, etc.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #36
S&K

We have been 'pressed' by ExploreUSA to fill out a survey about our experience. I have yet to fill it out on our purchase in March. If you hold out long enough, they will send you brownies and a new survey!

However, what they fail to cover in the survey is anything about the work you had done in the service department. (I had to use an additional page just to answer their last question about what they could do to enable them to do a better job for their customers) Still haven't sent it in. Still have issues; but it doesn't keep us from enjoying our RW. I'm seriously considering sending a letter to their Headquarters. They do seem to be fixated on sales and not service.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:09 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&K View Post
They do seem to be fixated on sales and not service.
Unfortunately this practice is way too common in the RV business. Best I can figure, all the margins are in sales with very little from service otherwise you would think they would be more attentive to their service business. Too bad.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:28 AM   #38

You know you pay the money for a 20k trailer and you get what you pay for but when you pay 100k for a trailer you would at least think they would clean the dang thing. I've seen 20k trailers cleaner on the inside than this trailer or at least flush out the winterizer already. It's texas and it's June I don't think it's going to freeze in hell any time soon. Here's a question and tell me you would or would not accept this last statement. I've your brand new trailer has a brand new pin box installed but the bolts and washers put back on look as if they pulled them out if a bucket of old rusted bolts they had sitting in the corner Would you mind that and drive around with that or would you say hey I would like my painted bolts back on????? And I can understand texas dust in the drawers. But dust is a thin layer from texas. What we had in our drawers were wood shavings like the day it was put in from the factory but never cleaned out even by the factory.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #39

Frankly, these wouldn't have been issues with our dealer, as in the unlikely event that I noted them, they would have fixed it before we could hook up and haul it off the lot.

With respect to your specifics - rusty bolts and washers I would not accept due to the possibility they aren't the correct grade of bolt. Potential safety issue. Inside cleaning - I'm surprised the dealer doesn't do this automatically.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #40

Well we are going to have a look at the trailer and see if any thing has been done on it since our final walk on Monday. We are just to a point of wanting this done already I don't know how long it takes to get parts from the factory but it would seem like I would use a faster shipping service than snail mail to get parts delivered

Tags
new 38br