Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #21

I had my 3 month check up, go in June for my 5 month check up, when is the next check up and how many before the yearly and how many after the yearly if your not having problems? Is it the dealers that sets up the frequency of the inspections or Redwood?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Redwood ia the only required annual inspection I know of...Any others that are done are maybe being done each time you take in for warranty work and are not required at that time so there should be no charge for that service...If they catch something at other times that is great but should be covered under warranty....
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #23

I guess it's a dealler thing then, I had a 3 month and they said my next one is 5 months, I have a few more things to have repaired anyway. Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #24

Maybe it is just a way of taking care of you and keeping you happy, But I wouldn't allow them to charge me for that purpose only handle warranty work.
RW36FB
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #25

In 2000 my Dad purchased a Citation (Thor) and was denied delamination because he did not have annual inspection done. So I guess it's a Thor thing. I would not feel safe if I did not do an annual inspection on the coach, we do one on our tv's and pay for it ourselves. Just think if no one did annuals on the airliner you take on holidays. No don't, can't even imagine it. Safety is first and foremost, let's be safe out there.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #26

So, rRedwood DOES NOT HAVE.Warranty? Funny my truck had , my house had 1 for 2 years, any thing fails, builder paid, but not REDWOOD,

Any body need a yr old Redwood, no warranty .
BTW WHAT DOES THE 2+5 stand for?
I took my Redwood in today for yearly maintenance,
All SEALER MAINTENANCE $279.0 or warranty voided.
I found where someone had stepped on rear end caps and pushed down sealer, closer inspection, @ least 2 screws missing, I thought I had a good dealer, not so sure now.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #27

Herb, that was my experience too. Shouldn't everything be warrantied for at least a year? It's not the expense but the principal.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #28

If you didn't do the sealer yet I'd take it to another dealerand see what kind of response you get
RW36FB
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #29

RiffRaff,

Better yet call Redwood and let them know what the dealer said. They have got to get someconsistencywith their dealers.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #30

Nuff said X2
RW36FB
Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #31

called Crossroads - Redwood RV,
L. .Nielsen said cost of inspection depends on RV shop; BUT any RV CERTIFIED SHOP CAN INSP AND SIGN OFF does not have to be A REDWOOD SHOP. MY Redwood shop is charging me $324.00 for the inspection + $ for any repairs that are not approved by REDWOOD. 36FL has been waiting in shop 3 weeks for Redwood to arrive and ok repairs? 3 weeks! Plus they had no inspections any of the yearly inspection.
HerbEdited by: RifRaff
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #32

I had a 3 month inspection where they fixed everything on my list and plus the things Redwood requires at no cost, I asked them what was the next inspection and was told 5 month after I bought it which is June 3rd. I made a appointment. The only thing they did say would cost is the roof inspection at the yearly inspection. I have my extended warranty with Good Sam's, I can use it even with Redwood's warrant from what I have been told. Plus with Good Sam's I will use there Camping World that is not far from me.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #33

I tell you, these situations that the owners of a year or less are going through is not going to build up the confidence of the people reading this forum that want to buy. Without service after the sale you have nothing. I wish they would get with there dealers and make it a equal playing field, I see some paying nothing and others a arm and leg.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #34

If I had know how the warranty would be manipulated I would not have purchased. The 2 + 5 is a catch that does not seen to be real, if I have to pay $300.00 twice a year. I'll just get a GOOD SAMS WARRANTY. Now I find out that REDWOOD not longer has a separate support center, does this mean CrossRoads is 1 st and Redwood is 2nd? My personnel opinion, the way this is going Edited by: RifRaff
Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #35
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
I tell you, these situations that the owners of a year or less are going through is not going to build up the confidence of the people reading this forum that want to buy. Without service after the sale you have nothing. I wish they would get with there dealers and make it a equal playing field, I see some paying nothing and others a arm and leg.

Dealership can be an issue for a lot of people BUT when I purchased my RL it was 1,200 miles away as there was no local dealership at that time. What I didfocuson when purchasing was the support from the manufacturer. I as well as many other "new to purchase" browsed this and many other web sites looking for information and my turning point for Redwood was not only thequality/price point but support. At that time it was Brian and I can't say enough aboutwhathe has done for me. Again I plan on being 90% of the time away from a dealership that I could have purchased from and you can see a lot of good that would do. Again I am vering away from theoriginal thread.

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #36

As I have stated before Camping In Style in Brooklin Ontario Canada has fixed EVERYTHING for free since I bought my unit last May 22 including my annual inspection and other items that shook loose during our 6,000 miles of travel last year. I paid for them to show me how to winterize properly and I bought a new anode and water filter cartridge to install this weekend.... that's it...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #37

Herb and Sue.....Remember you don't have to use your dealership to do the inspection...They are way out of line on inspection proicing....Look at page 3 in your RW owners guide and that is all you have to do to complete the inspection to RW satisfaction and takes about 15 to 30 minutes plus mayb e some sealant, but even b efore they seal it have them show you where and why...Who did you buy your unit from? Remember any RV dealer that wants to take the time to do this inspection and sign off in your book and on the tag or tags inside the driver side storage compartment or anywherelse you have seen this tag...Then make a copy and send it to Crossroads Warranty with your Vin after they sign off on it.
RW36FB
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #38

Herb and Sue...JUST WHAT WERE THEY GOING TO DO THAT COST THAT MUCH and I hope you didn't let them do it...Call around ad tell whoever you call what the RW owners guide calls for and ask what they would charge to sign off on it....Shouldn 't be more than a half hour labor...If you have enough miles you might want to have more done for your own peace of mind...but that is up to you not your dealer
RW36FB
Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #39

Unfortunately, I was under the impression a REDWOOD DEALER had to do the yearly inspection. I WON'T BE USING THE MESQUITE STORE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL WORK.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #40

Herb What did they do that cost that much
RW36FB