Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2022, 12:14 AM   #1

Xantrex Inverter issues... again?

I am plugged into 50 amp shore power and the dedicated outlet for the fridge will only power up IF the inverter power on.... As soon as I turn it off, the fridge shuts off... Could this be yet another internal bypass switch ? Is there an easy way to verify <?
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #2

On my 2020 3401, the xantrex 1200W inverter seems to work such that if ever there is 120V A/C power at the inverter inlet, it is passed through to the fridge, regardless of whether the battery isolation switch (Blue Sea) is off or the Xantrex power button position (on or “standby” (off)) or whether the iN-Command trigger (“ignition voltage”) is on. The buttons/switches only impact when the A/C power supply is lost whether the inverter begins generating A/C power to the fridge from the batteries.

If you have A/C voltage feeding the inverter but nothing out then there might be something wrong with the inverter. The A/C supply line to the inverter comes from the Progressive Dynamics fuse/breaker panel (upper L1 (in my case red when on 50Amp 2 phase 240V).

Hope this info helps
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:55 PM   #3

Problem is resolved !

Once I got out the Volt meter and started checking things out, things started falling into place...

The Inverter screen was showing 129 V in, that seamed high, so when I got home from work I put my meter on it and came up with 131v....

I disconnected the Hughes Autoformer and my voltage dropped to 120-121 and the Inverter was working normal again..

I guess it cannot handle that high voltage? Now I have to ask Xantrex if there is any chance the Inverter is damaged from this? Or any damage to anything else? I will say that everything seams to be working fine ?
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:26 PM   #4

Do you have in command?
Andypar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:00 PM   #5

As a longtime camper and now a Campground Manager I would not recommend any auto transformer. They can and will overload circuits. I have had them burn out breakers and wiring in our campground electrical boxes. We longer allow any auto transformer in our park.
PJarosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJarosz View Post
As a longtime camper and now a Campground Manager I would not recommend any auto transformer. They can and will overload circuits. I have had them burn out breakers and wiring in our campground electrical boxes. We longer allow any auto transformer in our park.
In our years of full-time we found that several of the rv parks we stayed had printed in their regulations that any type of auto transformer were not allowed.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote