Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2022, 02:41 PM   #1

Xantrex freedom x 1200 inverter not working

Hi folks,

I have a 2020 3991RD and the Xantrex Freedom X1200 inverter does not provide power to the fridge when shore power is disconnected, and the trigger for Inverter is turned on. The display on the inverter shows 0 VAC input and 0 VAC output. It does not appear to "switch" over to Invert mode to accept the 12 VDC from the batteries. I've read in this forum of problems encountered with the Xantrex Freedom X 1200 Inverter internal switch. FYI, when on shore power, the inverter shows 120 VAC input and 120 VAC output. Does anyone know what the small diameter RED wire does or goes to that is connected to the ACC INPUT port on the bottom edge of the inverter. Does this wire go to the IN-Command panel for running the trigger power? The Xantrex Tech said this port is normally used on Motorhomes, not normally used on 5th Wheel trailers. Just trying to narrow down the cause before I purchase an inverter replacement ($485). Thanks in advance for all your replies.
Gunnerbob59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 03:00 AM   #2

Bob,

My Zantrex Inverter was replaced last year due to the internal bypass switch not working.
Call them, they are responsive and easy to deal with.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:25 AM   #3

Yes the small diameter red wire comes from the iN-Command BCM. When you initiate the trigger on the iN-Command panel the BCM sends +12V to the inverter and it should then start making A/C power from the DC batteries for the fridge if/when the main A/C power supply is lost.
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote