Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #1

Winterizing...need help

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows of any videos to show me exactly how to winterized my redwood. I have washer, dishwasher, and icemaker (I had to turn the shutoff valve because of leaking on my fridge). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Danna.
Lvngthegdlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #2

are you now in a cold weather situation now???
if yes it means you probably split the hose as it runs outside not heated.
if you want pm me your number and i will call you. i detailed it all last nioght and the page would not let me "submit" it all and i lost it. it is just too much to redo.
thanks wayne
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #3

Thank you Ted 95! My husband and I took the afternoon and did it. It was actually easier than we expected. Definitely a learning experience...but then again, all of this is a learning experience! This forum has been a wealth of information. We are really enjoying this glamping life!
Thanks again Ted!
Lvngthegdlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #4
Site Team

You should do your best to make it to the Rally. Lots and lots of good stuff to learn and great people to meet. Last year we had 100 coaches.

July 19~23 at Shipshewana South Campground in Shipshewana, IN
Old 02-05-2017, 04:26 AM   #5

a couple of small items you might have missed.
if you did not use a compressor to blow out your lines then you need to go into your wash bay. where you normally connect the fresh water hose remove the washer that has a screen. behind that there is a white or black button. push it to release the pressure and the water will drain out. it is a back up valve that prevents the water coming out there when you use the water pump. but if water is left there it will cause damage.
now some people may not agree with me. but if you live far enough north where it can get really cold. after you have passes the pink in all the lines you now need to go to the low point drains and open them and all the taps. drain the pink stuff into a bucket and dump it into the drains and toilets. why because the pink can freeze/gell and bust the connectors if it gets cold enough.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted 95 View Post
a couple of small items you might have missed.
if you did not use a compressor to blow out your lines then you need to go into your wash bay. where you normally connect the fresh water hose remove the washer that has a screen. behind that there is a white or black button. push it to release the pressure and the water will drain out. it is a back up valve that prevents the water coming out there when you use the water pump. but if water is left there it will cause damage.
now some people may not agree with me. but if you live far enough north where it can get really cold. after you have passes the pink in all the lines you now need to go to the low point drains and open them and all the taps. drain the pink stuff into a bucket and dump it into the drains and toilets. why because the pink can freeze/gell and bust the connectors if it gets cold enough.
Why would anyone choose to live in a place the get that cold. Looks like our winter in texas is over, time to think of de-winterizing.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote