Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #1

Smile winter cover

I have a 2013 redwood 36rl and wanting a redwood winter cover for the unit. do they make such a cover for this unit, and where can i find on at . thx
joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:55 AM   #2

Personally I'd have to pass on the cover, way too heavy/hazardous to install/remove, too abrasive on corners/edges, if in a windy area would be a huge PITA. I'd clean it, wax it up good, possibly cover the vents if not already covered, put boards under the tires & cover them, winterize, & hope for a early spring so I could get back to using it. Just my .02 cents!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #3

Have to agree. Every fall, I think about getting a cover, but then I remember the abrasive experience with winter winds on my previous 5th... and I pass. Especially since I have Black/Siver FBP. Just do what's suggested above and it will look great in the Spring.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #4

I know someone who put a cover on another brand. Inconvenient to go into the coach navigating the cover so they didn't. Roof leaked all winter under the cover, huge mess, mold and rot in the spring. A cover isn't a carport, nice to be able to check on things every now and then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
Site Team

Totally agree with the above comments. Now that we are fulltime, this will be the first winter that ours hasn't been in storage somewhere cold, wet, and nasty. I thought about a cover, decided for all the reasons Danny gave not to do it. I have the coach waxed twice a year (too much arthritis in wrists and shoulder to do it anymore myself) and we still get asked if it's new. People just look at me like I'm kidding when I tell them she will be 5 years old I'm another month.

Don't cover it, just my $.02
Old 09-06-2017, 04:40 AM   #6

thanks for all the info in making this decision easier. thanks.
joshua is offline   Reply With Quote