Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #1

Winegard Sensar antenna

Last week we had torrential down pours at the rate of 3-4 inches per... I had a very small puddle about 2” in diameter directly under the antenna crank..

I went up and inspected it all, and it looked fine. I had some eternabond laying around and it was enough to do the base so I did that, then sealed the edges with self leveling lap sealant...

I reached out to Winegard and they said there are 2 o rings on the shift that could allow very small amounts of water in ( sounds like the issue ) so they sent them to me free...
The issue is, I have no idea how to get to them>??>? The diagram that is listed on the owners manual is very vague, it kind of looks like I may need to un bolt a nut on the TOP of the roof and allow the shaft to go inside, But bot completely sure ????

Any help here ????

Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #2

I've done it to mine, but memory is horible! Also check,the boot over the cable through the roof, it can raise & cause a leak, filled mine with silicone & pushed back down.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
I've done it to mine, but memory is horible! Also check,the boot over the cable through the roof, it can raise & cause a leak, filled mine with silicone & pushed back down.
Thanks Danny... I will check out the rubber boot.....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Last week we had torrential down pours at the rate of 3-4 inches per... I had a very small puddle about 2” in diameter directly under the antenna crank..

I went up and inspected it all, and it looked fine. I had some eternabond laying around and it was enough to do the base so I did that, then sealed the edges with self leveling lap sealant...

I reached out to Winegard and they said there are 2 o rings on the shift that could allow very small amounts of water in ( sounds like the issue ) so they sent them to me free...
The issue is, I have no idea how to get to them>??>? The diagram that is listed on the owners manual is very vague, it kind of looks like I may need to un bolt a nut on the TOP of the roof and allow the shaft to go inside, But bot completely sure ????

Any help here ????

Joe

Joe , I have had the base on my old camper apart before there isn't any seals around the turn table to say that water cant get in. It works more on the principal that the base is higher then the roof so water runs off and away. if you had any leaves or crap around the outside of the base and a little wind it is possible for water to follow the handle/ shaft down into the coach. very rare for it to happen.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #5

Joe, been racking my memory. If I recall you have to remove the inside handle & remove the pins at the base of the antenna on the roof to get to that worm gear with the o rings.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:14 AM   #6

Mine says grease the gears twice a year. Where are the gears and how do you get to them?
gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote