Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Site Team

As some of you might remember from some of my old posts that last April after I picked up the Redwood, my wife insisted on me getting a new dually so she felt safer. This really broke my heart but being the good husband that I am...........I did what was requested for her safety. I now love the truck but my wife has complained about the ride both while pulling the trailer and empty. The ride did improve after adding the load helper air bags but not good enough.

Now we're planing on making several business trips between now and the end of May totaling about 11,000 miles and then vacation after that. Ginny is a good sport but she's kind of worried about the jarring over those 11,000 miles. She has requested that I take the truck to the "Kilderman" factory and have the air-ride put on the front and back of the truck giving the "Beast" total air-ride. So next week we'll pull the trailer over to the Kilderman factory and park it in their lot while they give the "Beast" a new attitude. After we get back from "Kilderman" we'll decide if we need the "Tri-glide" pin box.

I guess it pays to hit every bump you can find and being an accommodating husband.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #2

Sounds like you pay a lot of taxes Dave
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #3

Dave let me know how your truck and coach handle with the kilderman ride
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #4

Now that you are doing the air ride you should take it to Chariot and have them

do the
custom interior they have some really nice seats .<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /></span>

Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Dave let me know how your truck and coach handle with the kilderman ride
I will John, I'm getting the 2 stage in the rear instead of the 4 link. The 4 link is the best and most costly but the money I'm saving on the rear I'm putting toward the front and Tri-glide pin box. Beside I already have helper bags in the back so I don't need the extra lifting that the 4 link system gives.

I hope it all works as well as I think it will.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPull

Now that you are doing the air ride you should take it to Chariot and have them

do the
custom interior they have some really nice seats .</span>

mmmmmm I wonder how I can get my wife to not like the seats? I know they have some nice stuff but I think I'll have to wait for that.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #7

Dave, I am interested in the 2 stage system as well. Price, and how is the ride. We have a GMC 3500 hd. A little rough empty. Please keep us imformed. Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #8

Dave have you considered the Trailer saver TS3 5th wheel with your standard pin box? I dont even know the coach is back there.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Dave, I am interested in the 2 stage system as well. Price, and how is the ride. We have a GMC 3500 hd. A little rough empty. Please keep us imformed. Thanks
The 2 stage system and the front air ride, will cost about $4500 plus tax installed. I think just the back is around $2500 installed. They said that they have a large lot for me to park in and they have electrical hook ups. They want to install the system in just about 4-5 hours but they want me to spend the night to check for air leaks.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #10

Dave where you at I got a little side tracked playing with the trailer and I'm still in Tucson
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
Dave where you at I got a little side tracked playing with the trailer and I'm still in Tucson
I'm still home right now. I'll be leaving for Phoenix on Feb. 14th and should be arriving on the 16th.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #12

Dave and Jim,

Let me know when you arrive and where you are staying. I will try to meet with you. I am volunteering at the Accenture Match Play Tournament Feb 18 thru 24.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
Site Team

Up date on the Kelderman Suspension system. I just got home from getting the air ride put on the F350. WOW....I can still feel the big bumps but they're much softer and the little annoying bumps are almost completely gone. This F350 now rides like a 1/2 ton.

I was really surprised with how much the front axle changed and the way it feels. They completely removed the front springs and replaced them with air bags and 6way adjustable shocks. There's a few dips in the road around here that would cause me to almost loose control at 70mph when driving solo. The same dips now are almost gone.

They also have the 4 link system which is by far the best but pricey (starting around 6k). The main difference between the 2 systems, is that the 2 stage still requires the added lifting bags that I had already installed last fall. The 4 link air ride does it all.

Kelderman's staff and craftsmanship is second to none. The owner Gary Kelderman is a fellow RVer and overly kind. The total invoice for the front and rear (2 stage) air ride was $4500 installed.

I wish I had found this before
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #14

Good luck with the new system Dave. It should give you a much better ride going to Mesa.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
Site Team

Nothing like keeping the wife comfortable