Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #121

Move the side tables out & put a king mattress in, you might have to get rid of the worthless euro box spring do dad & add 1/2" plywood, but should be a doable project.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #122

Maybe you can order that way but do you have slide in slide? We like that option also
Old 09-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #123

I think that was the catch: You could order a King Bed or Slide-in-a-Slide, BUT Not a King Bed with the Slide-in-a-Slide.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #124

What I would like to see changed is that I would like to see Redwood/Crossroads Executives qualify for their job by actually LIVING in a Redwood for 3 months. :-) I think they would learn a lot! I am not saying they will learn BAD NEWS, I am just saying they would learn a lot. They could blog about it while they are doing it, and they could come on to this forum and ask us experts for "help" LOL. SERIOUSLY might be a game changer for them if they TRULY are trying to design a better residential coach.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #125

Great Idea! If only...
My wife has said on numerous occasions, "Whoever designed this has obviously never lived in one for any length of time." She has also observed, "Redwood obviously has no women engineers/designers on their staff." (regarding the inability to put a full-sized hanger in the bedroom closet: we corrected this by using hanger bars which rotate to 45*).
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #126

We use a plastic bin which hold perhaps 8 pair of shoes, and tuck it under the coach next to the stairs. Shoes come off before entry and stay dry in wet weather. But having storage built in would be nice.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #127

Yes, we have said that MANY TIMES "They obviously have never lived in one of these!" I will also say, though, that they DID think of some good design ideas FOR SURE. But I would love to offer some ideas if I thought they wanted them. But there are a TON of things that are just simply needed when you actually LIVE in them. Not all of them involve expensive, fickle technology either :-) I think they would be very glad they did it. And it couldn't be just a park near their house, they need to HIT THE ROAD for at least a month, hitching and unhitching (so they have to make the coach "road ready" put things away, etc.) and then see what happens AFTER travelling and how it could be better. I could go on for volumes, but I won't. I just think that a flood of design genius would flow from this that would make folks shopping for a fulltime rig go "WOW, now THAT is a good idea!" I really couldn't care less if the edge of my counter top lights up, it looks neat an RV show, but practicality?? I am not sure that is where I would spend my design genius. I would create great shoe storage by the door, things like that. I am very happy about some of the new fall 2016 changes, like SOLID STEPS into the Bedroom! We would LOVE to have that, carpet is AWFUL in such a small home. I wonder how long it will be before they go all electric and have the Aqua Hot water system like MH's have? There is no reason why they cannot do some of these things. $$$ I guess... We can dream, can't we?

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 AM   #128

1) After a year full-timing, I think we could do without the tinted windows: they keep out a lot of light, making daytime use of lights necessary especially on cloudy days. The awnings keep out the majority of harsh low-angle winter sunlight, so I don't feel that the tinted windows contribute substantially. I'd even like to see skylights in the living room and bedroom. If they can put a skylight over the shower, there shouldn't be that much loss of roof strength/integrity in one or two other areas as well.
2) And let's go back to mostly heat-reflecting white or off-white outside, especially on the roof. The black nose on our unit creates a 120* bedroom closet on 100* days, and that's unnecessary. I can't say that the current fascination with darker colors does anything for my sense of aesthetics, and makes for more AC usage.
3) I'd also swap the gray water tank allotment: shower and bath sinks into one, kitchen galley into the other.
4) More robust drawer glides: ours were poorly attached on the back wall and fell apart on 4 drawers.
5) Windows which scissor open further, for better air ventilation.
6) Make carpets an opt-in rather than opt-out feature. We have cats - need I say more?
7) Offer a second, alternate power plug in, either in front by gennie hatch or mid-coach. Not all power posts are placed for rear power connection.
8) Separate power to the two hydraulic slide out systems, so that each could be operated individually instead of operating in tandem.
9) The second sink and associated plumbing in the bedroom is wasted on us - we just don't use it or need it. Storage room - perhaps a small library - would be a better use of this space for us.
POSITIVES: I love the storage area behind the TV, the desk and its storage, the pantry storage cabinets are brilliant in design, the dinette "buffet" is a great touch and the cabinet makes a perfect liquor cabinet. The double bed slide-in-slide is brilliant - so many people remark on it without even stepping inside. They intuitively see the extra space inside from a quick outside glance.
CONCLUSION: While QC could be better, and some components more robust, we give our 38GK a 90+ score for overall design, convenience and livability.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #129

We love the tinted windows in the southwest & will never have a white rv again, don't want black either. Ours came with the gray tanks separated like you mentioned. We ordered ours with no carpet. At some point I am going to add another shore plug, just have to get up & do it. We absolutely love our RW!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #130

Gotta agree with TT on the tinted windows, LOVE the privacy they provide. It's almost impossible to really see in the coach during the day. Definitely would love to have the power cord mid-ship, and definitely on a reel (which I know I COULD have on a new RW)... almost NEVER is the rear receptacle close to the post... it usually reaches, but that's because it's a LONG cord! Usually, our rear end is hanging out behind the curb of the site, and sometimes it's not a nice place to go (down hill or scrubby) to plug in the coach. Still, not a BIG deal, but it would be nice to have it more forward.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:24 PM   #131

Ya know a power cord reel CAN be added after the fact... ours was added hanging on the basement shelf on the drivers side above our 3rd battery and since we were not full time - didn't lose a lot of space
Very convenient there with an access hole right under it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Northeast-20130921-00209.jpg (175.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Northeast-20130921-00211.jpg (152.6 KB, 4 views)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanN View Post
...And let's go back to mostly heat-reflecting white or off-white outside, especially on the roof. The black nose on our unit creates a 120* bedroom closet on 100* days, and that's unnecessary. I can't say that the current fascination with darker colors does anything for my sense of aesthetics, and makes for more AC usage.
I have often wondered about the darker exterior colors and internal heat. Thank you for mentioning this.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #133

With our Black and Silver , we keep the front closet doors open at all times when camping.. the closet keeps the same temp as the bedroom , in fact that is where our dog sleeps.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
With our Black and Silver , we keep the front closet doors open at all times when camping.. the closet keeps the same temp as the bedroom , in fact that is where our dog sleeps.
Your dog sleeps in the closet? So does ours. Must be a dog thing.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
That's funny... when we were moving in ,I dropped the dog bed on the floor of the closet so it was out of the way until we were done... We turned around and there she was , laying all spread out on the bed in the closet...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
Ours does too.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #137

Landmark has had storage under steps for several years, it is just a drawer that pulls out of the face of the steps.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #138

Both our dogs are in the closet We have their kennels in there one on each side. We leave the doors open so it gets cooled in summer and heat in winter. Have to keep momma girls happy.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #139

What a coincidence, DW let's me keep my clothes in the closet!!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
What a coincidence, DW let's me keep my clothes in the closet!!
I am trying to find a way to de-scent the doggie odor. Zeus is a short-haired pit (what's left of the old guy's hair that is). I kid myself into thinking the odor is not that strong, but I know better.

Pier One makes some nice hanging sachets that work for a while. Anyone have suggestions?